Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-19-2005, 01:30 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
to defend the gas mileage issue. A stock SVX should be getting anywhere from 20 city to 25-28mpg highway. if you feel that the SVX is slower than a late 80's f-body, you svx needs some attention. Especially for that poor of gas mileage. Not trying to insult, just letting you know, your car may have a problem

Tom
Old 07-19-2005, 03:44 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
to defend the gas mileage issue. A stock SVX should be getting anywhere from 20 city to 25-28mpg highway. if you feel that the SVX is slower than a late 80's f-body, you svx needs some attention. Especially for that poor of gas mileage. Not trying to insult, just letting you know, your car may have a problem

Tom

i highly doubt it's slower than an 80's f body, but yesterday i ended up running door to door with a 95 bird with a 3.4 v6. i feel i should have killed him but then again it may not have been stock.but then again, mines not either. the gas mileage is definitely not anywhere near that on the svx as i probally average about 14-18 mpg with about 75-90% city driving. i'd be willing to let a fellow svxer like yourself drive it if they thought they could tell me whether it's right or not.i think my timing belt is off a tooth on the passenger side cause when the car is almost completely warmed up and i start up a hill at light throttle i get a check engine light for the o2 sensor.code 32. sometimes it will stay on and sometimes it will go right back out. the sensors were just replaced in nov. so i don't think there bad. but as it stands right now, my trans am definitely whoops it in mpg and like i said, it ain't stock so it would kill my svx cause after all, i've outrun 2002 camaro ss's on 2 occasions in the gta. if anyone would like to help me out and maybe let me drive there svx and them drive mine so i can see how screwed up mine is if it is that would be awesome. could definitely use a second opinion since this is my first svx and i don't have any other experience with them other than my own.thanks
Old 07-19-2005, 06:35 AM
pnyklr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red SVX 92
I find it somewhat funny that a GN owner is trying to defend the SVX in a debate against a camaro... GN owners should understand the speed/price value of a camaro vs. an SVX...

Also, an SVX is not a car to buy if you want low-maintenance. I would certainly take a camaro over an SVX in that aspect... Repairs are too damn expensive for the SVX. It's not really possible to compare an SVX on a general scale to anything besides other grand tourers (3000GT, etc.). Especially since you can't quantify the luxury aspect of the SVX.

Before I got the GN they told me it was a high maintenance car not to get it the head gaskets would go all this stuff... not for nothing I have had zero maintenance on the car in the 7 years I have had it and yes repairs are expensive if something goes (which is why I wont take it to the track again)

I also realize that the GN is worth $$$ and I could probably buy a couple of SVX's or Camaro's for the price of replacing the GN

And... with all the mods I have on it the GN gets the best gas mileage of any of my three cars !!