Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX > Political Forum
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Registered SVX
Re: ObamaBots smashed the window on my svx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
McCain's not the one blaming everything on the war and promising to run away. It's called hipocracy. Apprerently it hit you in the forehead. Sorry.
Let's see what hypocrisy is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikipedia
Hypocrisy (or the state of being a hypocrite) is the act of preaching a certain belief, religion or way of life, but not, in fact, holding these same virtues oneself. For example, an adult telling children not to smoke cigarettes, even though the adult smokes. Hypocrisy is frequently invoked as an accusation in many contexts.
I just don't see how "blaming everything on war" contradicts to "proceeding with a war already started". When you get into a fight, you can't just pull out of it and say you're done. See here. Note that Gov. Palin also made similar remarks. That is, both presidential candidates agree that crossing the border may be necessary as a tactical decision.

Now that it is more or less acknowledged that Georgia started the fight in Caucasus region, it's ironic to hear such statements from the very same people who tell Russia that it should not have crossed Georgian border when it responded to the massacre by Georgian troops. That's where hypocrisy is, IMHO...

P.S. I don't support either candidate. None of them professes any change...
Old 10-08-2008, 05:03 PM

this is why it is better to just support whoever you support, but don't put it upon yourself to let the whole world know. just let the ballot know when u vote

thats like having a million dollars in your pockets and telling everyone around you that you are carrying a million dollars, and wondering why you got robbed.

some people are fanatical about their political beliefs. they will do whatever they feel is righteous if they have a "valid" reason to hate you for it.

this type of thing has happened historically over and over again: MLK, Malcolm X, Robert Kennedy, and on and on.

i personally think this every time i see a political sign in someone's yard. someone is going to see it and get pissed and take it personal.

im sorry that happened to you.
Old 10-08-2008, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob View Post
I do and I get paid to do it. Probably took 4000 of 'em down during the primaries this year. Seriously, I wouldn't take one from a persons property (though I'll take 'em from the right of way). If they're in major violation (i.e. grossly oversized, 500 for a single can.) then the turtle speed legal action would begin. Most of 'em I take are on public property. Still upsets the political parties that are above the laws they pass.

Did you call the police yet? I would at least get it on record as I wouldn't be suprised if it is kids. If you need a replacement window I have a bunch in the basement. You can have one for shipping. They're not great but they do already have a vin on 'em. Just not yours. I think they are all bronze. PM me if you need it.

Thanks for offering to help, I already purchased the glass i needed on ebay for $60 shipped.

The police here are completely worthless. Someone broke into my GF's car right behind the police station a couple years back. They smashed the window and stole her back pack full of expensive college books. We called 911 and it took the cops 45 minutes to get to us, and when they got there they said there was nothing they could do. They would not even listen to the witnesses who saw it happen or take a description of the people who did it.
Old 10-10-2008, 03:17 PM
Certified Porschephile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stilor View Post
Let's see what hypocrisy is:

I just don't see how "blaming everything on war" contradicts to "proceeding with a war already started". When you get into a fight, you can't just pull out of it and say you're done. See here. Note that Gov. Palin also made similar remarks. That is, both presidential candidates agree that crossing the border may be necessary as a tactical decision.

Now that it is more or less acknowledged that Georgia started the fight in Caucasus region, it's ironic to hear such statements from the very same people who tell Russia that it should not have crossed Georgian border when it responded to the massacre by Georgian troops. That's where hypocrisy is, IMHO...

P.S. I don't support either candidate. None of them professes any change...
Agreed. I have a major problem with Obama as he continues to act tough on foreign policy, yet comes right out and acusses US troops of killing civilians, ala John Kerry in Vietnam.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:19 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Quote:
Agreed. I have a major problem with Obama as he continues to act tough on foreign policy, yet comes right out and acusses US troops of killing civilians, ala John Kerry in Vietnam.

So he should lie and say that we haven't killed civilians in Iraq or Afganistan? That's a brilliant plan!

Every single civilian death should be investigated, not to place blame on soldiers but rather to determine if there is a better way to wage war in terms of acceptable losses. If your gun doesn't shoot straight you'd fix it wouldn't ya? I just can't understand why the military (like most police) despise and tend to claim up when it comes to nice quite internal investigations. They both end up on the short end of the stick when they take such an additude.
Old 10-10-2008, 04:39 PM

Listen i am voting for OBAMA and i don,t agree with everything he stands for ,but since bush took office i've noticed that i have been pinching penny's just to get by & and thats mainly because of the unfair tax practice of the republican party ,how do u give tax breaks to people who does not really need it and toss aside those who does ,and it surprises me that women supports mccain when in fact he voted against equal pay for equal work ,thats telling me that he believes women are not equal to men in the work place even if they perform the same duties and have same positions as man. that goes to show its not mccain's view they share and support, its something else . i'll let the educated people come to a conclusion to why some people wont vote for OBAMA knowing that if mcain wins their lives wont be any better for it.People please do your research and not let television sway your votes most of mccains allegations have been lies ,and its been proven that they are lies ,so please vote smart.
Old 10-11-2008, 05:08 PM
Certified Porschephile

Quote:
So he should lie and say that we haven't killed civilians in Iraq or Afganistan? That's a brilliant plan!

Every single civilian death should be investigated, not to place blame on soldiers but rather to determine if there is a better way to wage war in terms of acceptable losses. If your gun doesn't shoot straight you'd fix it wouldn't ya? I just can't understand why the military (like most police) despise and tend to claim up when it comes to nice quite internal investigations. They both end up on the short end of the stick when they take such an additude.
Thanks for jump[ing to a conclusion and taking it out of context. Watch his whole little speech on how US troops are air raiding VILLAGES daily and killing civilians. Do civilians die in war? Uh, yes. Is it done on purpose? No. Maybe if he wasn't such a puppet of the DNC and spoke what they spoon fed him, he'd have a clue. The VERY people responsible for the housing crash ARE his ECONOMIC advisors. I see THAT doesn't bother anyone.
Old 10-11-2008, 07:08 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX

Quote:
The VERY people responsible for the housing crash ARE his ECONOMIC advisors. I see THAT doesn't bother anyone.
Something something Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act.

Removed regulations from the market to allow for this crisis. Let's remember, McCain's best friend is Phil Gramm.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 10-11-2008, 07:33 PM
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to sicksubie Send a message via AIM to sicksubie Send a message via Skype™ to sicksubie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjandtheband View Post
Listen i am voting for OBAMA and i don,t agree with everything he stands for ,but since bush took office i've noticed that i have been pinching penny's just to get by & and thats mainly because of the unfair tax practice of the republican party ,how do u give tax breaks to people who does not really need it and toss aside those who does ,and it surprises me that women supports mccain when in fact he voted against equal pay for equal work ,thats telling me that he believes women are not equal to men in the work place even if they perform the same duties and have same positions as man. that goes to show its not mccain's view they share and support, its something else . i'll let the educated people come to a conclusion to why some people wont vote for OBAMA knowing that if mcain wins their lives wont be any better for it.People please do your research and not let television sway your votes most of mccains allegations have been lies ,and its been proven that they are lies ,so please vote smart.
Maybe if you graduated from high school you could have a better job and not be pinching pennies.... Actually I think I know 4th graders who can punctuate/ spell better...
2017 Ford Raptor
2017 Kawasaki KLR
1995 Guards Red Carrera
1995 Spec-ish Miata - track car
1957 CJ-5
Old 10-11-2008, 07:49 PM

I've been looking for a place to get this off my chest, and this thread seems to be as good a place as any. In a television add that Obama is running in Michigan where he talks about taxes he says "I won't give tax breaks to corporations that are sending jobs over seas"...(he implies McCain will). I want to say back to him (but I can't through the tv) why do you think those corporations are moving jobs over seas? Could it be the high cost of doing buisness in the USA? One of those high costs being taxes? I can guarantee it is! Not so smart. I'm not a huge McCain fan, but I sure can't vote for Obama.
Old 10-11-2008, 08:18 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:

Uninformed as usual and also biased in an totally clueless manner. All known civilian deaths ARE investigated in a reasonable manner. No long drawn out unrealistic manner, but still reviewed. It would be totally stupid to ever expect an outside investigation---IN A COMBAT ZONE?? Duhhh?? How stupid can you get.

Yes, I am well aware of past coverups, but in the end they all come to light so it is really a rare occurrence.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-11-2008, 08:21 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX

For all of you that won't look at this elsewhere---this is what most of the military serving in Iraq feel about it and how important it is.

http://www.snopes.com/photos/military/reenlist.asp

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 10-15-2008, 05:53 AM

its a little different where i live. if i were to put an obama sign in font of my house i would wake up to a burning cross (and a smashed rear quarter window). im not saying mcain supporters are racist, we just have a bad infestation of rednecks out here.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestmonsterSVX View Post
its a little different where i live. if i were to put an obama sign in font of my house i would wake up to a burning cross (and a smashed rear quarter window). im not saying mcain supporters are racist, we just have a bad infestation of rednecks out here.
Our little town in lily-white Appalachia has an Obama campaign office, and so far as I know the only problem they've had was a minor beef over a violation of the town sign-size ordinance, which was quickly corrected. The one Obama yard sign I've seen in this immediate vicinity vanished quickly, but I can't say if mischief was involved. I've repeatedly seen (apparently unmolested) Obama yard signs in very rural Tennessee, which is encouraging, all political leanings aside.

dcb
Old 10-15-2008, 12:14 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Registered SVX
More info for Obama Lovers

Here is an article on some insight into the TRUE Obama.

http://www.washtimes.com/news/2008/o...-kenya-ghosts/

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE