IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-06-2002, 01:43 PM
Brian Steel

5 Speed, headlights, Northwest

Howdy all,
Been busy on my 92 and and lots of other stuff but thought I'd get comments on my planned mods. We're nearly finished with the 5 speed conversion and we plan to offer this conversion for customers. The special parts for the pedal assembly, mounts and linkage we have CAD designed so we can have them laser cut for future conversions. We are using the hydraulic clutch so had to rearrange things a bit to make everything fit well. As soon as we are finished, I will cost out the job for those who might be interested. The specs are: 4:11 differential ratios, limited slip rear, RS or WRX clutch. I think the finished job will look factory under the closest scrutiny. I believe the final cost will be $3000-4000.
As soon as the 92 is on the road, I would like to get together with other Northwest SVX'ers to get impressions on the 5 speed.
I am working on some headlights, converting to clear front lenses but I have to work out how to spread the light properly for the high beams and the fogs. They light pattern definately does not look right without something there to diffuse the light.
A bit further down the road, I am thinking about modifying the front bumper for a more aggressive look. For a Photoshop look at the future front end, check out: Future Silver front