Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale > SVX's and SVX Parts For Sale > SVX Cars For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2007, 12:37 PM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
96 Black LSi, NW suburbs of Chicago

So I'm not even convinced that I'm willing to sell this yet, but it is starting to look like I might have to. I believe in full disclosure so I'm not going to shy away from talking about the few problems, things that will be needed in the future.

I'm the second owner of the car and have been an enthusiast for my entire time. Oil changes ever 3k, air filter changes ever 6k, constantly fixing little things on the car so that almost everything is in good sound shape. Clear title and Clean CarFax. Mechanically the car is in great shape. The stock shocks were replaced at about 65K miles, and seem to be getting towards the end of their lifespan right now. Trans shifts excellently and has had it's fluid replaced every 12k miles. I can take some pictures if there is interest.

New radiator, cap, hoses
New #4 Coil
New Alternator
New spark plugs
New Brake pads (metalmasters), previously replaced slotted rotors and SS brake lines
Approximately 110K miles
Previous owner had the car painted at Maaco, which is pretty bad now. Fair amount of rock chips, and the front bumper has some paintless areas. I have used a black car bra to cover them up.Passanger side has 20 door dings or so, all small and would be easy to fix by a body shop. I would either send it back to maaco to paint again, knowing that it would be something you'd have to do every 5 years or so, or drop the money for a decent paintjob on the car.
Interior is a little worn. I've conditioned the leather seats several times, however the shifter, steering wheel and drivers seat show their wear. Escaine on the drivers door is worn as well. Passenger side looks mint. I would be looking for approximately $5000.

I currently have high quality aftermarket speakers, headunit, amplifiers and subwoofer in the car. I would put it all back to stock unless the new owner is willing to pay an additional $800 (or just keep the headunit, front speakers and amp for $500) Stereo includes Top of the line 9815 Alpine CD/mp3 player with uploadable EQ, Timing correction and crossover, CDT 6.5 inch component speakers with 1inch tweeters and crossovers. Hifonics 100x2 at 4 ohm amp for the components, and a hifonics 1500x1 at 1 ohm monoblock for the Elemental Designs E12A.22 (rare and extremely nice sub.)

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker

Last edited by drivemusicnow; 05-14-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 05-15-2007, 11:36 AM
Network Design Administrator

Please read this post, and then update yours with the pertinent information.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=38228
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.