How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2004, 04:24 PM
arondale

I love OSX and Apache too, but your Apache does not seem to be working.
Old 02-10-2004, 04:35 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
http://68.248.166.174/dragsvxweb.mov

OSX is cool. One click and I have an apache web server!

- Rob
It doesn't work. Classic.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 02-10-2004, 04:39 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
http://68.248.166.174/dragsvxweb.mov

OSX is cool. One click and I have an apache web server!

- Rob
No Worky....

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...

Last edited by GreenMarine; 02-10-2004 at 04:43 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:01 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
****. Sorry, I have a dynamic IP, it must have changed. Try this:

http://68.248.165.4/dragsvxweb.mov

- Rob

Last edited by wawazat??; 02-10-2004 at 08:46 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 07:58 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Not bad - I'm a little dizzy now though.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:40 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

It's hard to hold a camera steady thru your sunroof with one hand while driving 70+mph. :P

- Rob
Old 02-11-2004, 12:40 PM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Landshark
Mac users tend to not wash their hands after using the bathroom.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With characters like Landshark hanging around here, I may never leave.

That reminds me of a story.....

Back 100 years ago when I was in the Navy... I had the opportunity to play for the Marine softball team while I was stranded in port, training to be a navy diver while my ship was at sea.

One day after practice I was just finishing my business in the head (restroom for you landlubbers) and turned to walk out without washing my hands

A Marine yelled over to me..." Hey Sailor... In the Marines they teach us to wash our hands after we take a piss."

Well I really hadn't washed my hands in there out of courtesy because I knew that they were about ready for inspection...

But I just had to say..." Yeah... I understand that..., but in the Navy they teach us not to piss on our hands.."

I don't remember much of what happened then... or since...???
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .
Old 02-11-2004, 12:53 PM

Quote:
****. Sorry, I have a dynamic IP, it must have changed. Try this:

http://68.248.165.4/dragsvxweb.mov

- Rob
Link still no workie....

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 02-11-2004, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncamitzi
Originally posted by Landshark
Mac users tend to not wash their hands after using the bathroom.

With characters like Landshark hanging around here, I may never leave.

That reminds me of a story.....

Back 100 years ago when I was in the Navy... I had the opportunity to play for the Marine softball team while I was stranded in port, training to be a navy diver while my ship was at sea.

One day after practice I was just finishing my business in the head (restroom for you landlubbers) and turned to walk out without washing my hands

A Marine yelled over to me..." Hey Sailor... In the Marines they teach us to wash our hands after we take a piss."

Well I really hadn't washed my hands in there out of courtesy because I knew that they were about ready for inspection...

But I just had to say..." Yeah... I understand that..., but in the Navy they teach us not to piss on our hands.."

I don't remember much of what happened then... or since...???

Hehehe, that's cool..

Old 02-11-2004, 01:42 PM
nextcubepro

People, this is oh-so-simple.

90% of Mac users are die-hard Mac fans.

5% of PC users are die-hard PC fans.

The other 95% of the PC users are either content or unsatisfied with the product, but it's too complicated to switch over. Who would be happy with a computer that if you change a bunch of hardware on it, WinXP refuses to boot up because of its "rights management" that "protects you". Gimme a ****ing break. Plus, these other 95% of PC users only bought a PC because it was the cheapest thing they could find.

My Mac NEVER crashed since OS X installed in March of 2001. Not one kernel panic. My WinXPPro PC crashes about once a week.

My Mac has a 450 MHZ G4 and 384 MBs of RAM. My PC has 1.5 GHZ and 512 of RAM. Mac runs smoothly on everything I throw at it including graphics, and my PC chokes on everything from IE to Kazaa (the only reason I bought a PC really...and feel stupid now since I found mlMac, which is Kazaa and more).

I'm experienced with both platforms, and Windows as a whole needs a rewrite. Cool, Longhorn is coming out in 2007 now. Have you seen the alpha versions? That will officially be the thing that sends Microsoft's new computer market share FLYING down, and in 15 years of looking at this Mac vs. PC thing, i've NEVER said that. Even though that OS has many interesting innovations, i'm willing to bet the project will not get onto the shelves in CompUSA.

OS X has already leapfrogged WinXP, and is still getting new features and innovations that won't be in Windows for at least 3 years. Why use an inferior product for the next 3 years?

Anyone remember Apple's Copland, the rewrite of the Mac that went nowhere and almost killed Apple in 1996? You're about to witness Microsoft's Copland, only worse because the company is so predominant.
Old 02-11-2004, 01:43 PM
nextcubepro

Plus, judging from the responses, WELL over 5% of SVX owners are Mac users. Smart group most of us are .
Old 02-11-2004, 01:49 PM

This is the FIRST thread that I just COULD NOT read in it's full lenght........I almost thought that I've entered a 3:rd grade classroom, full of arguing kids....

Why this fuzz between MAC's and PC's ....??????

I have probably tried ALL of the computer-types in the WORLD!!! and I just cannot understand if you really arguing about the HARDWARE or the OPERATING SYSTEM ....

Hardware comes in diffrent qualitys and so on....and is often hard to "judge" (if it not fails, that is)

But, the OS is another story..... and in my humble opinion (nearly 30 years exp.) , EVERY (almost) operating system has a "place" on earth, if it is used the way it was constructed for! (even MS-DOS!).

And of course I have a fav. OS, like everyone, and my is UNIX, and this has NOTHING to do with a "claim" that UNIX is the "best" operating system ever made....!!!

I try to teach my (computer) students that, comparing computers (SW and HW) like this, is like kid's arguing of "whos dad has the BEST car" ....

And honestly, one thing that I HAVE discovered, is that MAC and Linux users, are often more "fanatic" in their believe, and very eager to convince everyone else of "their" OS'es capabilitys!

Sonny (MCP, MCP+I, MCSE-NT4, MCSE-2k, MCSE+I, MCT, CNA, CNE, A+, NETWORK+, IBM-HW, DELL-HW, COMPAQ-HW, ...., ...)

-92 ebony black with 170k KM

*** -Stress is when you wake up screaming & you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet. ***
Old 02-11-2004, 02:01 PM
arondale

to the previous poster -- you should check out OS X.3 (Panther). Last year at an Apple Keynote it was official.. OS X is the most used flavor of UNIX. After all, Terminal is your best friend on the UNIX platform. You can even run X11.

Why not use a flavor of UNIX that is more easy to use? I am also a windows user, but not for long. All the apps I use now run on OSX.

arondale
Old 02-11-2004, 02:36 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Nicely worded Sonar

Quote:
Originally posted by Sonar
This is the FIRST thread that I just COULD NOT read in it's full lenght........I almost thought that I've entered a 3:rd grade classroom, full of arguing kids....

Why this fuzz between MAC's and PC's ....??????

Thank you for expressing it so eloquently!

This has been beaten to death in the past.

Let it go everyone.

Todd
Old 02-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX

Link still no workie....
Try this: 68.248.166.198

- Rob