Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Midwest Region
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-31-2010, 09:40 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Midwest SVXers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiftySVX View Post
I'd be down. It is almost 30 hour drive to reading from me. I don't know if my car would make it that far. This would be the first year I could get the time off anyway. Chicago is still like 15 hours, denver is more reasonable at 8. But that's just me. I either need my motor to quit before the 20th so I can build it or last long enough to get me thru it so might as well have a practice round.

I still say we all need to get together in vegas
to Vegas.

For the reasons you have listed above is the reason I didn't list other cites such as Chicago, Minneapolis, Indianapolis. I want to basically have a meet that will be for the people in the central US to get together. Meaning, making it just about in the middle of the country. Des Moines is a 7 hour drive for me, St Louis is about 7, and Kansas City is around 10 for me. Even Wichita or Omaha could be a decent place.
It seems that Kansas City may be a great place to have something though as far as being centrally located. about 7 hours from Chicago, Minneapolis, Indianapolis. 6 hours from OK city. 10 hours from Denver, Dallas. Many other cities all within 10 hours which is not a bad drive at all even if it is some of the most boring scenery to look at.

Perhaps something along these lines could also be posted in the "right in the middle" forum. Many in TX, OK may not bother looking at the midwest forum. Although, then again, not too many people seem to look in the regional threads at all.