How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-09-2002, 09:22 PM
$VX

GT3 rant

THE MOTORSPORT ELISE RACES ARE THE BIGGEST LYING SACKS OF DUNG EVER MADE! BOYCOTT THAT STUPID RACE AND ALL OF ITS CRAP!

Oh yeah, sure, I've got a fully modded motorsport elise with all the goodies, but I can BARELY pass the stock ones... and oh yeah, they can seemingly have super sticky tires for all 10 laps, while I have to run hard slicks in back and mediums up front to make it last that long, and oh yeah did I mention these pieces of **** can't even turn!?

I HATE THOSE STUPID ELISES.

- Ca$h
Old 12-09-2002, 09:29 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
The balancing in GT3 is absolutely one gripe I'll agree with. They had a good thing going with HP restrictions - why didn't they just stick with that? Now, a race is either too easy or too hard. Setting a race or a series up as a challenge for myself is total trial and error.

And, yeah, it definitely seems like some AI can use tires longer than you can in certain situations. Try the 'Formula' championship. I won it (before I started over), but there were two races I didn't have a chance on. I think one was Seattle...I can't remember the other...one of the other cars could just go one or two more laps on a set of tires than I could and they could do it while pushing the car really really hard...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-10-2002, 02:27 AM

Cool GT3

Question to all of you GT3 gamers!

At the license test --> what medals did you get?

I have never reached the gold ones

Am I that bad or is it really that difficult?

mfg hrc
Old 12-10-2002, 08:37 AM

Registered SVX
Re: GT3

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
Question to all of you GT3 gamers!

At the license test --> what medals did you get?

I have never reached the gold ones

Am I that bad or is it really that difficult?

mfg hrc
I started over in GT3 a few months ago, just for grins. I decided that, in order to make the game more difficult for myself, I wasn't going to use a license until I got gold medals on every test for that license.

At this point, I have gold medals for every license test, except for the super license. I got a gold on the first test for that license, and then I got distracted by other games. I'll get back to it eventually.

Yes, some of the tests are very, very hard and I swore that some of them were impossible. Some I beat by half a second. If you're having trouble, watch the demo - from both outside the car and inside. Turn on the on-screen controls so you can see where to brake and turn and how much throttle to apply.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 12-10-2002 at 04:08 PM.
Old 12-10-2002, 03:54 PM
Lowered SVX

I have beat the game like three times already....

i keep playing it with different cars. i didnt have much trouble with the elises. the key with the lotus elises is that you must keep your momentum. if you bump anything or use the brakes too much you can forget it. they are a bit quirky but if you can drive the nsx you should be able to drive the elise too. when i drive the elise i almost barely use my brakes at all.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 12-11-2002, 01:45 AM

Cool medals

hello mr. pockets!

well, I have done all the licenses, but it was hard work.
I think it's a good idea to do the licenses, cause if you finished 'em
you are prepared to play GT3.
I have to say, I just play it with the analog stick using automatic transmission.
A friend who plays the game with the formula force feedback steering wheel, manual transmission has quiet better times than me.
I bought the wheel too, but I still have no place to fix the steering wheel perfectly comfortable, neither the seat.

Is there a big difference between manual and automatic shifting?
Sometimes I watched the demo (gold medal run?), well and it helped a lot.
Old 12-11-2002, 08:54 AM

Registered SVX
Re: medals

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
hello mr. pockets!

well, I have done all the licenses, but it was hard work.
I think it's a good idea to do the licenses, cause if you finished 'em
you are prepared to play GT3.
I have to say, I just play it with the analog stick using automatic transmission.
A friend who plays the game with the formula force feedback steering wheel, manual transmission has quiet better times than me.
I bought the wheel too, but I still have no place to fix the steering wheel perfectly comfortable, neither the seat.

Is there a big difference between manual and automatic shifting?
Sometimes I watched the demo (gold medal run?), well and it helped a lot.
I was tempted to buy the official Logitech GT3 wheel and pedals, but I finally had a chance to try one and I didn't like it.

I gave it a few tries to really get the feel of it, but I determined that I simply can't react as quickly with all four of my limbs as I can with my fingers and thumbs. Steering requires both arms with the wheel, but only my left thumb with the regular controller.

I use the left analog stick to steer, the right for gas and brake and the L2/R2 for shifting.

It took me a long time to try manual shifting in any racing game, but once I got the hang of it in GT3, it became second nature. My only gripe is that, when playing 2-player split screen, neither player gets a tach, so auto-shifting is really the only answer. In the single-player game, it's tough to say whether manual shifting is faster than auto. I think manual may be slightly faster, because you can make better gear choices. Also, the auto doesn't raise the shift points if you balance the engine.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 12-11-2002, 02:57 PM
Lowered SVX

i play with automatic tranny.......

too much trouble to deal with the gears. i have no idea how you do the brake with the right analog?
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 12-11-2002, 03:13 PM

Registered SVX
Re: i play with automatic tranny.......

Quote:
Originally posted by 1994SubaruSVX
too much trouble to deal with the gears. i have no idea how you do the brake with the right analog?
That's what I thought, too. Run through the B-license tests with manual gear changes until you get golds in each test. That'll learn ya.

As for using the right analog stick for gas and braking, the stick is more accurate than the pressure-sensitive face buttons. I play GT3 with traction control and stability control turned off. If I tried to use the face buttons, I'd probably put myself in a spin every time I exited a corner.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE