Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 02-16-2013, 11:17 AM

SR20 370cc injector options?

Ok, so I went and bought a supercharger for my EG last night. Now I get to work on all the other aspects of undertaking such a build.

First on the list is looking at the EM (second is gauges, third is actually mounting the beast, and so on and so forth). Ecutune Stage 2 sounds sexy, but there's a glaring question.

It says that it's highly recommended to swap to the SR20 370cc side-feed injectors, but since they're usually found in sets of 4, you'd have to buy 2 sets if you were being cheap and buying used.

I've done some digging and it seems that both the RB25 and the VG30 used 370cc side-feed injectors. However, I can't find out if there's a difference in mounting or wiring or anything else that goes with that. I also can't find if maybe the nissan part numbers are the same or anything about them?!

So, I'm asking the guys that are smarter about this than me. Are the 6-cylinder Nissan's a valuable source for injectors? I can get a set of 6 300zx injectors very cheaply (under $80) but if I need to buy 2 sets of SR injectors it'll be well into the $200 range (which is still chump change, but if I don't HAVE to spend the money, I'd rather put it somewhere else).

Thanks guys!
Old 02-16-2013, 01:09 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: SR20 370cc injector options?

The 95-96 VG30DETT ones are the same actual injectors as the 370cc SR20 ones IIRC. The VG30DE (non-turbo) ones in fact are the same as the stock EG33 270cc injectors. They will be purple. They are keyed differently (the little notches on the plugs are different) than the 270s, but if you dremel the little ridges off of the sides where they plug in, they will plug in to the connectors for the 270s.

http://www.240sxforums.com/forums/rb...ors-right.html
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 02-16-2013, 01:30 PM

Registered SVX
Re: SR20 370cc injector options?

I got the RB25 injectors. As was said, the Nissan injectors don't just plug right in. Mine work just fine, though.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: