Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-12-2008, 02:19 PM
The Lone Rearranger

Anybody in Colorado Springs that can check out a car?

My daily driver is nearly dead. I've had it in my mind to replace it with an SVX when the time came. The time is fast approaching and I need to pull the trigger. There is an SVX in Colorado Springs that'd I'd like to check out, but I don't really trust my beat up POS to get me down and back. Is there anybody in CoSp that'd be willing to go check out an SVX at a dealer down there? The car is here - http://tinyurl.com/4zl8yc.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to JLHollowX13
if im ever down there ill stop by and take a look, assuming you havent got someone else to by then. i dont go down too often, but if i do i would probably be able to check it out. i also know a guy that has the same one for sale. same year, color, etc. i got my svx from him and if your interested i could give you his number. he told me he was still trying to sell the other one, he might have sold it but im not sure, i just talk to him every once in a while. i have never seen it in person, only the one i bought. i do know it has 200k something miles on it though. he has a bay at a mechanic shop that works on porches and bmws and that sort of thing so he is into cars and could tell you whats wrong with it etc. just let me know if you would like his number.
Old 04-14-2008, 01:22 PM

i have an svx for sale if you want to check it out , im in littleton,colorado
Old 04-14-2008, 10:24 PM

ill be in springs friday, saturday and sunday this week. saturday is probably off though, i dont think ill be able to stop by and take a look at it for you, but friday i can after 4:30, and pretty much all day saturday if the dealership is open. let me know where it is and any details and id be more than happy to check it out for you! any favor for another svxer! if you wanna get ahold of me i can give you my # if you want/if it will be easier. otherwise just let me know the deal on here!

i was just looking at the map and i was right by there today! i easily could have stopped by today! i could definitely do it friday or sunday as ill be right on platte, the whole reason im going down is because i have to go somewhere on platte which is where the car is so i could definitely swing by. if i would have known i would have done it today. dang

Last edited by JLHollowX13; 04-14-2008 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:28 PM

so i went ahead and checked that svx out today just for fun haha. it was in pretty great shape for being a 92 on the exterior, just a few chips on the spoiler, one on the hood, otherwise good, the interior was ok, the seats where worn alot more than mine, the pass visor wouldnt stay up and the drivers visor was gone. also the radio door spring or something was messed up. the drivers side door needs a new hinge, it was broken and made a VERY loud sound when opening and closing it. didnt check the pass door. it also had studded snow tires, tread was pretty good if i remember right, but they where VERY loud, not surprising though. i dont understand why people put studded snow tires on there AWD cars? i have normal street tires and mine gets around no problem. anyway, they come with the car so it doesnt matter, i just dont think i would buy any for mine unless i was ice racing or something.

as for the mechanics of it, the alternator looked like it had been replaced, engine was very quiet, ran well, cruise worked, power mode worked, over all it ran great, alot of get up and go. smooth ride. the engine bay looked very clean, im sure the dealership cleaned it up. sounded sturdy, idled great. i let it warm to operating temp and everything seemed great. took it on the highway, got it up to almost 80, did great, except there was alot of vibration in the steering wheel it seemed like, not sure if the tires need balanced, alignment, or if those snow tires just do that, but i only noticed it on the highway. it had 152xxx miles, closer to 152k than 153k.

if i had the $ i would probably buy this car. it seemed really great. the only problem with me is i would have to sell my svx, and i like my silver color better than the green. but, if i had a chance to get this svx i no doubt would haha. wish wish