Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects

Old 04-12-2007, 10:12 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
$2700 Are you doing the removal and re-installation yourself? I ask because if you have the flexibility of taking it out and leaving your car sit you could drop it off and I could rebuild it instead of charging you for a core until you bring me one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPnorth362
what would the cost of the trans be to come and pick it up at your shop, in miami, or tampa?
Old 04-13-2007, 08:55 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to UPnorth362
I can drop the trans off the first week in June. I will have some shop space then to start on my svx build. how long does it take you to complete a rebuild? Can I drop it of somewhere in Miami?
IT'S 5:00 SOMEWHERE!!!

92 Liquid Silver SVX LS-L
Old 04-19-2007, 02:37 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad
okay , maybe thats a stupid question but , performance wise ... is it beter a 6spds or the rebuild ???
Old 04-19-2007, 03:29 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
a built auto will perform better than a 6spd. due to shift time and consistancy. I chose the 6speed for more fun

tom
Old 04-19-2007, 03:52 PM
The car named NIGHTMARE

Send a message via MSN to Nomad
hummm...fun or constistancy.... wellwell ..... i'll have to think about it... thanx !!
Old 04-19-2007, 03:57 PM
Old Fogey

Registered SVX
Michael,
Quote:
...instead of charging you for a core until you bring me one.
What is your core-charge btw? Need to plan ahead when dealing with 3K-miles each way. My shop in Sac was eager to see the product too! He felt it an attractively priced option to the "factory" rebuilts, without even considering the upgrades . Will you be looking to maintain a "lead-time" expectation once you have some "stock" built up? Or should I get in line now? Only a matter of time for my autobox.

Glenn

1993 25th Anniversary Edition #63 of 301. R.I.P. Rojo 7/24/2008 She saved my life!
1997 Ebony Mica Pearl LSI. BLACKBERRY
1998 5-Spd Legacy GT Wagon in Glacier White: NUBURU
2005 Cadillac STS in Sandstorm Metallic: STORMY

Veteran and farthest traveler of 1st SoCal2MuseumsMeet2010.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?RojoRocket
Old 04-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Just some dude.

I'll try to keep up with demand and always have one ready to go for whatever that is worth. We'll just have to see. There's only one of me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RojoRocket
Michael,

What is your core-charge btw? Need to plan ahead when dealing with 3K-miles each way. My shop in Sac was eager to see the product too! He felt it an attractively priced option to the "factory" rebuilts, without even considering the upgrades . Will you be looking to maintain a "lead-time" expectation once you have some "stock" built up? Or should I get in line now? Only a matter of time for my autobox.

Glenn
Old 04-19-2007, 07:42 PM
Just some dude.

plan is $700 core charge.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:48 PM
Just some dude.

I'm driving on the prototype built transmission in my stock svx now. It's sweeeeeet. This trans will probably take 2 seconds off your 1/4 mile time. The shifts are lightning fast and you can forget about slippage--there isn't any.

Somewhat suprisingly, the light throttle around town shifting actually feels smoother and is less noticeable than with the stock transmissions (fyi: my comparisons are to the perfectly functioning subaru factory reman I swapped out with the built trans).

I have found that with the increased line pressure I had/am having some binding during turns at barely rolling speed. As my transfer clutches are settling in that binding is going away so it's yet to be seen if I need to pop off the extension housing and adjust the transfer clutch pack on this one or not but I will increase the lash on the transfer clutch pack on the next transmission so that it operates smoothly from the get go.

I can't say enough positive things to express the "awesomeness" that is this transmisison.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:57 PM
Maniac modifier

u mean .2 seconds right?

Tom
Old 05-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Just some dude.

NO, definitely way more than .2 seconds. You seem to have forgotten already how slow stock svx's are. I wouldn't be suprised to see them pull high 16's. You'll definitely improve quarters by more than a second on a stock svx......An svx with nitrous, easily more than 2 seconds. Man I remember doing runs with my 150 shot and I was spending more time in the shifts than in the gears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
u mean .2 seconds right?

Tom
Old 05-16-2007, 09:06 PM
Maniac modifier

as a result of just the transmission I would doubt that they will cut times by more than a couple tenths. An mt swap with a really good driver can drop a little over a second... I would expect this build to be just behind these

Tom
Old 05-16-2007, 09:09 PM
Just some dude.

I don't care how good a driver you are, you can't shift any where near as fast as this trans. You also have to shift through 1 or 2 more gears. Manuals also don't launch as well. A good race ready auto will spank a manual in the 1/4 any day of the week.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:36 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I just read through this entire thread and I'm not sure if it was covered but are you doing anything to the torque converter, front diff or AWD? I'm assuming you are bolting the AWD clutch drum to prevent it from sheering off.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:51 PM
Just some dude.

The bolting of the awd clutch drum to the drive gear is seperate but offered and highly recomended if the car is looking to make serious hp.

I have the tools to set up the front diff but haven't seen any need to make modifications. If someone had something in mind that they wanted done I'd consider it.

I haven't seen any need to make changes to the torque converters either. I just use a new quality OEM spec unit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
I just read through this entire thread and I'm not sure if it was covered but are you doing anything to the torque converter, front diff or AWD? I'm assuming you are bolting the AWD clutch drum to prevent it from sheering off.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: