Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 10-22-2006, 05:38 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Harry's U-pull it meet

I need to go to Harry's soon to get some core parts for my 5/6mt kits. I know Hocrest said he wanted to get together and go but would anyone else be interested... Make a meet out of it. I wanna pull a buch of parts and maybe a couple trannies and rears... I need to do it before it gets too cold so I am thinking not this friday but the next

Tom
Old 10-22-2006, 06:34 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

Too cold? Sorry there Tom, its well past too cold there already for the likes of a beach bum. Tuesday 50 and rain with a 40ish mph winid. Saturday, 48 and a 15mph wind. Basically plan on it being 15-20 degrees colder then Philly and 25-30 with the wind chill factored in.

Not much there in the way of 5 speeds but there is one I know of that you can't have! Its ours.

God do I love the SVX engine special weeks!
Old 10-22-2006, 07:22 PM
Maniac modifier

when is the engine week??

Tom
Old 10-22-2006, 08:07 PM
Electronic Counter Measures ON

Send a message via ICQ to Sov13t Send a message via AIM to Sov13t Send a message via MSN to Sov13t
Umm pull some trannies... any 6spd ?
Old 10-22-2006, 08:12 PM
Maniac modifier

no way you would find any 6spds in harry's lot. Maybe their parts store but not the lot. I am looking for at least 1 cable 4.11 5mt... Thinking of a winter project for teh Tealzors!!!

Tom
Old 10-23-2006, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
when is the engine week??

Tom
Last week when it was cold, windy and rainy. Changes each month. You need to look at their specials calendar.
Old 10-23-2006, 09:57 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
Yeah, I'm in.
Old 10-23-2006, 01:04 PM
outsider

Send a message via AIM to crusader8
Hey tom, look for a syclone, typhoon or a sonoma GT while your there.
I know its not an SVX, but its fast
A Typhoon is like a girlfriend - takes a lot of money to keep going, but when she puts out...
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/825685
2003 Ford Ranger EDGE
When I find the right amount of money I'll find the right SVX
Old 10-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
I am looking for at least 1 cable 4.11 5mt... Thinking of a winter project for teh Tealzors!!!
...and I had one sitting in the garage with a new clutchmasters clutch more than capable of handling an eg33, seriously thinking about NOT putting it back into my legacy just last week.

Let me know what you guys see in the way of complete/nearly complete XTs, since they should be where you're hanging out.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedklix
Let me know what you guys see in the way of complete/nearly complete XTs, since they should be where you're hanging out.
As far as I can recall there are three there right now, a turbo and two xt-4's. What are you looking for?
Old 10-23-2006, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crusader8
Hey tom, look for a syclone, typhoon or a sonoma GT while your there.
You're funny.
Old 10-23-2006, 03:16 PM
Locker Link Solution

I want to put together a XT for my father as a christmas gift. There seem to be a lot down in that area. I'm looking for a few things really.

1) A real cheap and titled XT -and- parts/parts car to make "cheap XT" road worthy
-or-
2) Cheap XT that just needs a little help.

He has a replacement hip, so it can't have a clutch, and he is in ME. So I would like the final product to be an XT6 Auto AWD, but I can do anything really. I just need to know if it would be worth my while to go there when I start this project.... Doors, windshield, hood, engine, whatever. Jess and I planned on going back to PA for a weekend so I could do this at the same time. When it comes time to make a decision it just helps to know what I can get, where. Thanks Dave.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Old 10-23-2006, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I want to put together a XT for my father as a christmas gift. There seem to be a lot down in that area. I'm looking for a few things really.

1) A real cheap and titled XT -and- parts/parts car to make "cheap XT" road worthy
-or-
2) Cheap XT that just needs a little help.

He has a replacement hip, so it can't have a clutch, and he is in ME. So I would like the final product to be an XT6 Auto AWD, but I can do anything really. I just need to know if it would be worth my while to go there when I start this project.... Doors, windshield, hood, engine, whatever. Jess and I planned on going back to PA for a weekend so I could do this at the same time. When it comes time to make a decision it just helps to know what I can get, where. Thanks Dave.
They don't sell whole cars. What about the one Gary is talking up for Austin's replacement over on XT6.net? Its in Maryland and has like 50k miles on it.
Old 10-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Locker Link Solution

Yeah, I was mostly concerned about knowing where I could get the parts.

Could you point me in the direction of the car you are talking about. I did find a potential one a few months back on there, but the guy never replied to my messege. I just checked back and saw what became of it

Old 10-23-2006, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I was mostly concerned about knowing where I could get the parts.

Could you point me in the direction of the car you are talking about. I did find a potential one a few months back on there, but the guy never replied to my messege. I just checked back and saw what became of it
Check this post, "grossgary" mentions it, but there is no link.

I assume the the "potential one" was Beermonkey's Cornfield car??

I also know of a guy in Ludlow, VT with a few parts cars. When you're ready, I'll hook you up with him.