How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-10-2006, 02:35 AM
One teal and One yellow

I'm sorry to see this, terrible...

Man, try to fix it by good used parts if you could...you could get a light carbon fiber hood and etc.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 06-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Ren-Ma Osu

One Thanksgiving night my Outback was hit in the front and the driver left the scene. I brought my car to Northcoast Subaru and they made sure the adjuster was aware of all the problems. The adjuster wanted to use as many after market parts as possible, but the dealer put in all Subaru parts. The dealers make a lot of money fixing damage. Show the insurance company that car ad on Autotrader for an SVX selling for about 14K. You can find air bags on eBay.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSpear
Man try to fix it, there is no CHASSIS damage there. when you push the brakes, the svx nose plunges so the damage is only related to the hood and a little bit to the headlights. Mechanical parts can all be replaced, what matters is the chassis in a car and no else...
Precisely what happened-she was going slow enough to have almost not used the brakes but she slammed them just enough to dip the nose into his running board tube.

Not even I'm sorry or are you ok but at least he told the cop it was his fault.

2004 Stage 3 XT Forester-Soon for sale!

2007 Jag S-type, just 17k on it!

Past prides: 1992 black LsL new off the lot.
1992 pearlie for a few months.
Old 06-10-2006, 08:17 AM

Used airbags? Anyone ever had one work?

http://www.collision-insight.com/new...206-airbag.htm

Old 06-10-2006, 01:58 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
If you hang around on this site and look, you can find new airbags cheap. I just recently sold a set of undeployed bags to Earthworm, And Im pretty sure he will tell you he got a good deal if you asked him.

Although I have personally found that nobody on this planet seems to have tan interior peices...it like no svx from 1994+ ever crashes.....
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 06-10-2006, 02:02 PM
Certified Porschephile

Sorry about your loss. And as a Pathfinder owner, sorry, not all the idiots bought ford exploaders. A few snuck into our ranks.
Old 06-12-2006, 11:17 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Yes we got a good deal on airbags for a car that had much less damage that was on the verge of being totalled.

You've got a lot of damage that will cost in excess of $10000 to fix unless a lot of used parts are acquired. The bulk of the cost is with the airbag system and windshield. Insurance companies will probably frown on using used airbag components.
Old 06-12-2006, 12:10 PM

Send a message via AIM to mikecg Send a message via Yahoo to mikecg
If your interested in rebuilding, I just picked up a 92 that also has some frontend damaged. The airbags and glass are all still good. I'll do a you pull it deal for you, It's located near Dover, DE. I got it for the engine and a couple of interior parts. The driver side headlight, fender and the center grill survived. I would fix this car, if the radiator support and rear werent so jacked up. The trunk wont even latch and the passenger side trunk floor is bent up so I'm conserned it has frame damage. This is the second time I bought an SVX for an engine and contimplated repairing it. The first one I made into a 5-speed.
Old 06-12-2006, 02:37 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Mike...wrong color, wrong # of airbags
Old 06-12-2006, 05:16 PM

All good thoughts. The adjuster totaled it today. Now the fun part comes in their evaluation. I've known insurers to be generous with the car and illegally(as in breeching their insurance contract and breaking state laws) stingey with medical payment.