How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-19-2006, 03:36 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

Seat / Seatbelt Advice Now with photos

I have a 94 SVX L model with the automatic seatbelts. I want to install seats from a 94 SVX LS model with manual seatbelts. My concern is that I might not be able to transfer the lower outside automatic seatbelt guide. I'm attaching photos. As you can see I broke off one of the plastic pieces on the passenger cover plate. My hope is that the manual seats have an identical cover plate that will make transferring the seatbelt guide from my automatic seats to the manual seats.

Please let me know what you think. If you have a photo of the manual style seats that would be great. Obviously I don't have the manual seats yet -- that's why I need to answer the question before traveling 5 hours round trip to get the new seats -- which I'd like because they were recovered with leather and are much nicer than my seats.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SVXseatbelt2.jpg (61.2 KB, 114 views)
Old 05-19-2006, 06:22 PM

AKA Mice belts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanSVX96
I have a 94 SVX L model with the automatic seatbelts. I want to install seats from a 94 SVX LS model with manual seatbelts. My concern is that I might not be able to transfer the lower outside automatic seatbelt guide. I'm attaching photos. As you can see I broke off one of the plastic pieces on the passenger cover plate. My hope is that the manual seats have an identical cover plate that will make transferring the seatbelt guide from my automatic seats to the manual seats.

Please let me know what you think. If you have a photo of the manual style seats that would be great. Obviously I don't have the manual seats yet -- that's why I need to answer the question before traveling 5 hours round trip to get the new seats -- which I'd like because they were recovered with leather and are much nicer than my seats.
If i'm not mistaken the only part of the automatic belts is the section that runs along the pillar. That plastic retainer is for the manual lap section of the belt. The later style belts do not use that plastic retainer on the seat.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:12 PM

So your keeping the mice belts with the newer style seats? if so then I don't know if there is a place to bolt the piece over on the newer seats.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:18 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltrac
So your keeping the mice belts with the newer style seats? if so then I don't know if there is a place to bolt the piece over on the newer seats.
I don't know what my options are. If anyone has a photo of the newer manual seat belt style seats that could help -- a lower side view of course. The only other option is if I could remove the cusions from the newer seat and put them on the older frame. At least the back seats wouldn't be a problem.
Old 05-19-2006, 07:46 PM

I think your talking about number #16 in the diagram the belt guide holder that secures to #11
Old 05-19-2006, 07:55 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltrac
I think your talking about number #16 in the diagram the belt guide holder that secures to #11
Can I remove part #16 from my current automatic seatbelt style seats and then install it in the newer manual style seatbelt seats so that I don't lose the functioning of my current automatic seatbelts?

Do you have a diagram of the newer style seats?
Old 05-19-2006, 07:59 PM

From member nordique14 locker 95 L seat. Maybe the seat frames are the same and you can just transfer the plastic cladding and seat belt guide over.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:38 PM
Ren-Ma Osu

...yeah, I guess I would have to remove piece #11 on my seats and hope I can then install it on the new seats.