Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-21-2005, 02:08 PM

Numbers Please

I truly plan on purchasing the stage two software,but I was wondering when will some hp numbers are better yet quarter mile numbers get posted.Stage 1 would should put a stock svx around a 15 flat,stage 2 a high 12 is possible,stage 3 well mid 13s I hope with all that low end torque.
Old 05-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2
I truly plan on purchasing the stage two software,but I was wondering when will some hp numbers are better yet quarter mile numbers get posted.Stage 1 would should put a stock svx around a 15 flat,stage 2 a high 12 is possible,stage 3 well mid 13s I hope with all that low end torque.
Walter,

The stage 1 wouldn't put an n/a SVX at 15 flat. The admin Chris did before and after g-tech tests with the chip (after giving the ECU time to learn), and saw improvements in the 1/4 mile of ~0.1s and 1mph.

Most awd n/a SVXs run anywhere between 15.5-16.5 @ 87-88mph (on stock gears). Only adding a stage 1 chip isn't going to make any n/a awd SVX run anywhere close to 15 flat.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-22-2005, 09:19 AM

I see now because the main increase in power is around the lower rpm area,but that should help the awd leave a little stronger.With a fwd you already have a 3.70 final drive,that may be why I really couldn't understand why so many people said the the svx was weak between 2-3500 rpm.Also running a 225/45 or 225/40 would increase your final drive somewhat.My new continental tires are about 1/2 inch shorter than my 225/45 kumhos were and that tire was stock rolling diameter,it just differs from company to company.My opinion was based on a svx like yours with a few mods that already run nearly 15 flat an those rare 92s that ran low 15 stock.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:35 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
and one of these Fridays -- if and when the weather Gods decide that they are tired of having it rain -- we should have even more Stage 1 v4 track data...
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 05-22-2005, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poweredx2
I see now because the main increase in power is around the lower rpm area,but that should help the awd leave a little stronger.With a fwd you already have a 3.70 final drive,that may be why I really couldn't understand why so many people said the the svx was weak between 2-3500 rpm.Also running a 225/45 or 225/40 would increase your final drive somewhat.My new continental tires are about 1/2 inch shorter than my 225/45 kumhos were and that tire was stock rolling diameter,it just differs from company to company.My opinion was based on a svx like yours with a few mods that already run nearly 15 flat an those rare 92s that ran low 15 stock.
Fastest time I've seen on a stock geared SVX with a few mods is from Bwana who went 15.37 @ 89mph with his '96. Fastest I've ever seen for a '92 was SolarSVX who went 15.4 using 104 octane gas. The 92's aren't any faster than any other year - the biggest factor seems to be weight. The luxurious awd LS-L or LSi models are the slowest, while entry level awd LS or L models are faster (~100lbs lighter).

-Chike

Old 05-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
The 92's aren't any faster than any other year -
-Chike
Blasphemy! Everyone knows the 92's are fastarest.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:13 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
The luxurious awd LS-L or LSi models are the slowest

-Chike

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-22-2005, 05:57 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby

i fully agree. every test i've seen so far says 92's are fastest i've talked to capuano and he test drove my car before i bought it and told me it had much better acceleration than his 94, till he got the chip and shift kit that is. now he says there about equal. i'll find out for sure when i meet up with him hopefully.
Old 05-23-2005, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by immortal_suby
Hey guys, I'm talking about real-world results here. If you think your '92 has a 1/4 mile time faster than Bwana's 15.37 @ 89mph - by all means, go to the track and prove me wrong!

-Chike

Old 05-23-2005, 09:03 AM
Locker Link Solution

I know that when i got mine, i drove a few... and the 92 that I bought seemed to be the quickest. even though it was an LSL and some of the newer years where base. They were all stock.
Never put too much thought into it, and just assumed it had something to do with a change Subaru made to the ecu in the interest of fuel economy.

Just thought I would put it out there.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 05-23-2005, 10:14 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
The luxurious awd LS-L or LSi models are the slowest, while entry level awd LS or L models are faster (~100lbs lighter).

-Chike
Whoa WHoa whoa....when did the LSI become slower??? I seem to remember this little time slip from and LSI 2 years older than urs running in the 14's?? I cannot put my finger on the name but it was so catchy.....argh i hate this I will be tying to figure it out all day.

Tom(looking at my sig and coming to a shcoking realization )
Old 05-23-2005, 10:39 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Like I have said before, my 94 FWD is definitely the quickest and fastest of my cars. It also has the most mileage on it. It is an LE (very base model) so is significantly lighter with no stock sunroof and no ABS (does have a dealer installed glass sunroof). Single airbag. Did have cloth seats, but changed to leather.

And I have a 92 (96K miles) with Stebro exhaust and K&N filter to compare it with.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 05-23-2005, 01:25 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Cool

Quote:
Hey guys, I'm talking about real-world results here. If you think your '92 has a 1/4 mile time faster than Bwana's 15.37 @ 89mph - by all means, go to the track and prove me wrong!

-Chike

give me a little time and i'll do just that when funds and time allow. i work weekends so it's hard to go to the track, but i've made my own personal mods and i think i can beat that time once i get everything together like i want it.no gears, no five speed, just good old shadetree mechanics
Old 05-23-2005, 03:12 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
um they do have dyno #'s out but i dont think they have legit time slips yet. Just ask subafreak after he burns up the track with his 12 sec 6mt(estimate) on our June 2nd meet.

Tom
Old 05-23-2005, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomssvx
Whoa WHoa whoa....when did the LSI become slower??? I seem to remember this little time slip from and LSI 2 years older than urs running in the 14's?? I cannot put my finger on the name but it was so catchy.....argh i hate this I will be tying to figure it out all day.

Tom(looking at my sig and coming to a shcoking realization )
You're a funny guy. But we're talking about 4EAT SVXs here. A 5MT will have a lower driveline loss to the wheels. Plus, switching to a 5MT in any LSi/LS-L will lower the weight by ~100lbs due to the trans being much lighter.

-Chike