Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2005, 05:15 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
really nice pearly sitting up at the firestone place on San Pedro inside loop 410. I stopped in to see if the owner was there but he had dropped the car off.

dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 11-19-2005, 08:54 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I found out acouple weeks ago that one of my dads friends, knows you myetball. I forgot the guys name but my dad and him work on base, he said hes seen your car acouple times. Just sitting here bored so I figured I'd post that.

dustin

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 03-29-2006, 08:08 PM

question for ya'll

I just bought a 94 Green SVX. It has been in one spot for the better of 2 years. I live in the San Antonio Area. Wurzbach and I-10 area. I am having a problem with it idling. But with the a/c on, the idle changes, and it allows me to drive it conservitively. But haven't done more then up and down the street and it stalled on me once out of about 8 passes. brakes/lights/sunroof/blinkers/ac all work great.

Know anywhere nearby i can take it to get it check on and get a major tune up done??

thanks ya'll

Patrick
Old 03-29-2006, 09:17 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

How much are you willing to spend for a "major tune-up"? If you have a shop do it, bring a tube of KY.

If you're handy with a wrench you should tackle it yourself. If you're not mechanically inclined you may be better off going to a shop.

FYI, I don't know any I'd recommend.....I'd never let anyone else touch my SVX...or any of my cars for that matter. Anybody else know of a place they trust?
Old 03-29-2006, 09:21 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by odepaj
I found out acouple weeks ago that one of my dads friends, knows you myetball. I forgot the guys name but my dad and him work on base, he said hes seen your car acouple times. Just sitting here bored so I figured I'd post that.

dustin

Wow, been a while since I checked in. I was working out at Medina until October. Now I'm at security hill. The SVX has been off the road for about five months. Right now it's up on jackstands. All four wheel bearings have been replaced and stainless steel braided brake lines installed. Engine is out of the car and stripped down to the short block. Doing some port work on the heads and exhaust manifolds. Hope to get the engine done in a few weeks. Still need to degrease the engine bay......my Subaru Valdeze left one helluva mess.

After it's running again the ridiculous yellow paint goes bye-bye. Won't say what color it will be but it's nothing crazy.
Old 03-30-2006, 05:15 AM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
well, if you ask odepaj really nicely, he might be able to help you out with that.... and then once you getting runnning real nice, we can all meet up some place and I can try out my new camera!

Skip
Old 04-01-2006, 09:18 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by fedup
I just bought a 94 Green SVX. It has been in one spot for the better of 2 years. I live in the San Antonio Area. Wurzbach and I-10 area. I am having a problem with it idling. But with the a/c on, the idle changes, and it allows me to drive it conservitively. But haven't done more then up and down the street and it stalled on me once out of about 8 passes. brakes/lights/sunroof/blinkers/ac all work great.

Know anywhere nearby i can take it to get it check on and get a major tune up done??

thanks ya'll

Patrick

If you dont consider Potranco Rd. to far, bring it to the John Paul Stevens High School Auto Shop, the Instructor is Mr. Sergio Salinas, tell him Dustin sent you, or if you can show up kinda early in the morning on Monday (8:50-9:30) Ill be in there. Labor is free and we get discounts on parts because we're a school or you can just buy whatever parts and we'll put them in. Donations are excepted. PM me if you want my # or something.

dustin

My Locker

Last edited by odepaj; 04-01-2006 at 09:22 AM.
Old 04-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball
Wow, been a while since I checked in. I was working out at Medina until October. Now I'm at security hill. The SVX has been off the road for about five months. Right now it's up on jackstands. All four wheel bearings have been replaced and stainless steel braided brake lines installed. Engine is out of the car and stripped down to the short block. Doing some port work on the heads and exhaust manifolds. Hope to get the engine done in a few weeks. Still need to degrease the engine bay......my Subaru Valdeze left one helluva mess.

After it's running again the ridiculous yellow paint goes bye-bye. Won't say what color it will be but it's nothing crazy.

Nice! My '92 has been on jackstands for awhile now too. When its on the road again me, you, and skip all need to meet-up somewhere! I've got phone numbers of acouple other people here in town with SVX's. I even met a guy with a '93 anniversary!!! I think its sitting right now, I havent seen it moved from its spot in acouple months.

dustin

My Locker

Old 04-01-2006, 06:13 PM

a friend of mine saw a liquid silver on 1604 on friday...

Skip
Old 04-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengue
a friend of mine saw a liquid silver on 1604 on friday...

Skip

We need to find the owner, so I can buy his car!

dustin

My Locker

Old 04-02-2006, 12:38 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

Quote:
Nice! My '92 has been on jackstands for awhile now too. When its on the road again me, you, and skip all need to meet-up somewhere! I've got phone numbers of acouple other people here in town with SVX's. I even met a guy with a '93 anniversary!!! I think its sitting right now, I havent seen it moved from its spot in acouple months.

dustin

Well, mine will be off the road at least until May. Maybe longer since this weekend's plans got cut short when my pinky finger got caught in the steering shaft u-joint as I was reinstalling the rack . When I got my finger out, the end looked like a quarter .
Old 04-02-2006, 01:10 PM

Quote:
We need to find the owner, so I can buy his car!

dustin
um, yeah, well, I'll see if I can get an exact time and place on the sighting, then you can stakeout the location...

Skip
Old 04-02-2006, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myetball
Well, mine will be off the road at least until May. Maybe longer since this weekend's plans got cut short when my pinky finger got caught in the steering shaft u-joint as I was reinstalling the rack . When I got my finger out, the end looked like a quarter .
good lord! Now you have proof of your devotion to your car....

Skip
Old 12-03-2006, 09:21 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Just figured i'd bring this place back to life! Havent seen any SVXi in awhile, sitll pass by skips house as much as I can. Heres an update on my cars: the '92 is about $50 away from being taken down from the jackstands! Bought new tierod ends and swapped in abunch of parts from the '95. The '95 is still awaiting a 4.44 tranny and rear diff but will be receiving those parts soon along with some other goodies and both cars should be getting paintjobs in the near future! I'm hoping to be driving the '92 within the next 2-3 weeks as im still waiting for the parts to come in and then have to diagnose an electrical problem. I've been killing alot of time on TXIC over on Nabisco and I-club because theres not to many texas SVXer's here.

dustin

My Locker

Old 04-18-2007, 12:47 AM
Still rebuilding my block...
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to cozykat Send a message via MSN to cozykat Send a message via Yahoo to cozykat
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Another SA member :)

Hey Dustin
Now I can post here too!
Wow.. all these posts show me how I was out of the SVX loop for awhile!
TTYL,
Marisa

'93 LSL Anniversary Edition - 02/93 - 150,998 Daily Driver - Forged EG33 (long block), 6MT swap, and re-upholstered interior
'92 Pearl - 100k Side restoration project
Locker | Old Locker | Shutterfly | ReadingIX | Facebook | Instagram