Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-20-2004, 05:19 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Cool San Antonio SVX Sightings

so, i was reading the colorado sightings thread and decided i would start an S.A. thread (im that bored). well anyways.

ive past by dengue's laguna SVX acouple times, im only like 10 miles away from him, i also used to see a laguna in the Taft H.S. parking lot (guessing their the same :P) and around 5 months ago a teal passed by me just outside 1604 on culebra.

......i need to find something to occupy my time
Old 08-20-2004, 06:10 PM
Mr. Inappropriate

I see a Teal SVX from time to time near Ingram mall. Always headed down Timberhill. I've got Danny's old SVX, if you see it you'll know it. Bright yellow with a big shopping cart handle on the back and black wheels.
Old 12-06-2004, 05:54 AM
My kitten can woop your kitten

Send a message via AIM to Dengue Send a message via Yahoo to Dengue
Well, lookie what I stumbled upon....

I have NEVER seen a black svx, so I guess I'm not as observant as I had thought. and I've never been in the TAFT parking lot...(unless I was making a u-turn or something) but, I definately live in that area.

I've seen quite a few here in town, a green one on bandera by O'Conner HS twice, I used to see a pearlie in Helotes frequently...I see another green one in hospital parking lots occasionally too, could be the same one?

and I hear about them all the time.... it seems like there are a bunch of them here in town.....

anyhow, we need to all 3 get together sometime and sit in a parking lot somewhere and look cool, I'm tired of the northerners getting all the good group photos....

Skip
Old 12-06-2004, 06:50 AM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
Cool S.A. mini meet!!!!!

finally! ive been wanting to get together with you and myet for awhile, me and him were gonna try and plan something out awhile back but it never went anywhere. im pretty much free this whole week too. i actually pass by your house alot when im on my way to the store (i live farther out in the boonies than you do), but i would deffinetly be up for a little gathering, hopfully by next month ill be adding a liquid silver SVX to the group.

dustin

p.s. i saw a brilliant red awhile back (it was beautiful) on the turn-around at 1604 and bandera, also saw a 95/96 ebony in the Willford Hall parking lot, i left him a note.

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company

Last edited by odepaj; 12-06-2004 at 06:54 AM.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:43 PM

well, unfortunatly, my granfather died saturday, so I'm gonna be tied up all this week, maybe if I get lucky, we can do it this weekend, but I dunno yet. and then next weekend Ill be on call at work, which tends to eat up any chance of entertainment for me on a weekend. but if you see me driving, by god flag me down.... I'll pull over usually....I mean if you're in an svx anyhow.

Skip
Old 12-08-2004, 10:20 AM

sorry to hear about your grandfather , maybe if i fix my tranny or end up selling it wich ever my dad decides on ( he changes his mind alot ) i could make a little trip up there in my car instead of my moms

....by the way odepaj you wouldent happened to have been in laredo?? ive been seeing an ebony around here

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

http://www.cardomain.com/id/phoenix_3737

Last edited by Phoenix_3737; 12-08-2004 at 10:23 AM.
Old 12-08-2004, 06:04 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
nope, i havent been in laredo. my car is currently out of commision cause it keeps killing batteries.

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 12-09-2004, 09:34 AM

so was mine, check the alternator/ power sterring belt and pully...if your power steering isent working then its prolly that

***sold***

"was" The Only Subaru Svx Owner in Laredo Tx., or maybe atleast only owner registered here....

Old 12-09-2004, 01:57 PM
*Special* Member

Send a message via AIM to Bwana
Should see my red one around Boerne around June or July.
1996 Brilliant Red L (AWD). Bought: 6-14-04 - Sold: 3-3-07 - 15.370 @ 89.65
1992 Claret/black LS #4086 (GF's). Bought: 6-30-04 - Sold: 7-29-07
1994 Pearl White LSi Bought: 2001? Sold: 2004?
Old 12-09-2004, 04:52 PM

I have a used oem alternator I bought on ebay during a flood of them... I got it for like 20 bucks I've never even opened the box to check it, but, perhaps it could help your car out....

also in the news, I told some dude at the verizon store today to look on this website for you cause you had an svx for sale in the area...I didn't think to get his name but it is the verizon store on 1604 and bandera by the barnes and nobles...

everytime I go there to pay my phone bill he tell me how he loves my car... so I figured we need more svx lovers to own them....

as to getting together, I'm still not sure. maybe friday evening for a bit, I'm pretty yied up with the holidays and work. but I think we should look a bit further out and set up a texas meet here in S.A. we are more or less in the center of texas, so we make an ideal location.....

Skip
Old 12-13-2004, 06:37 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
well im pretty much always free (unless im working with the band or out with my girlfriend) but thats normally only 3-4 days a week. i guess just pm or call me with a date/time and ill most likely be there.

also!!!! im looking into getting 4.11's so now S.A. can get some badass SVX's. any and all help is appreciated with the 4.11 job free labor (just alittle hint) haha.

dustin

My Locker

Old 12-13-2004, 09:24 PM

by the way about your band....have you gottent he demo yet, or any mp3's around the web...im interested in it

***sold***

Old 12-15-2004, 09:07 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
things have kinda slowed down right now cause we're still on a hunt for a vocalist, but hopfully we'll have some stuff recorded soon. i can get you some midi files if you would like, they dont do our music justice but it is something to listen to.

My Locker

Old 12-15-2004, 09:30 PM

shure

***sold***

Old 12-17-2004, 03:29 PM
Slash_svx

S.A. SVX (sometimes)

Hi guys,
I've been visiting the site for a while, but this is my first post.
I'm from San Antonio, but I've been living in College Station for several years. Last year, I bought a teal 92 SVX from a doctor who lives in SA. (my brother was his mechanic). He said he traded in his Delorean to buy the SVX, which I thought was funny. I guess he likes the funny windows. My transmisson went out this summer, leaving me with only R,1,2. I still drive it around town occasionaly in 2nd (30 mph=2000 rpm), but only for short trips. I have been stuck driving my old Tercel, because I've been too busy to put in the new transmission. I should be bringing it back to SA over the Christmas break to get the new tranny installed.