Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 06-07-2004, 09:21 PM
vollball81

Thumbs down Bill Kolb Subaru what a ride....

I don't konw what to say except my experience was not too fun... i don't recommend this place very bad customer service and over priced. Liberty subaru is so much better.
Old 06-10-2004, 07:40 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Thanks for the warning in advance. I pass by Bill Kolb Subaru almost twice a week when i go to my cousins house right off of route 303. I was planning on taking my car there to have it checked for something but i won't waste my time.
Old 07-07-2004, 11:19 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
What was the experience?
Old 07-07-2004, 10:38 PM

Send a message via AIM to sharky512345
Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
What was the experience?
Old 07-08-2004, 08:00 AM

I'm pretty sure were never going to hear

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Some new SVX owners in my neck of the woods.
Old 07-08-2004, 02:35 PM
vollball81

Hey sorry it took so long to get back to everyone. There customer service was crappy. I went in to get a new alt. belt and get it installed and get the computer checked. This took them about 5 minutes to do and i was charged about $110.00. I was outraged and said to the manager in the serivce dept. that i was amazed that they charge people that rediculous amount of money he then with telling me or explaining to me anything about the cost and why it was that much that they were going to put the old belt back on and send me on my way.

I later found the owner and he explained to me everything and i was alright with everything then later they said the computer read out that my rear O2 sensor is out and the TPS sensor (throttle response sensor) is also not working correctly. And to fix both of these parts would cost about $900 which includes labor and parts... WOW and i told them about liberty and there 25% deal with us and they said you should just go there then... WOW.... So not only are our cars hard to fix but our service reps from subaru treat us ****ty....

Oh yeah heres a PS... Should i install the underdrive pully is it worth it? i'm sure there is a search for it but i thought i'd ask anyway i know your going ot hate me for that...
Old 07-08-2004, 08:01 PM
red95svx

Quote:
Originally posted by vollball81
This took them about 5 minutes to do and i was charged about $110.00. I was outraged and said to the manager in the serivce dept. that i was amazed that they charge people that rediculous amount of money he then with telling me or explaining to me anything about the cost and why it was that much that they were going to put the old belt back on and send me on my way.

First of all , if you go to a shop that charges flat-rate it doesn't matter how long it takes them. You're actually paying by the job, not by the hour. They probably charged you a half hour for installation, a half hour to scan the ECU, and $15 or so for the belt, plus tax. That's not that crazy.

Secondly, IF YOU AREN'T SURE HOW MUCH YOUR BILL IS GOING TO BE, ASK FOR A QUOTE BEFORE THEY DO ANY WORK!!!
Time and time again I see people throw fits when the pay their bill because they had no clue what they were getting into. If you blindly walk into a shop and say "do this and this and this" and you never ask about prices or labor amounts you deserve to be shocked with a high bill!!! Ask for an itemized quote so you can see everything that you'll be paying. Do this, and you'll never be surprised when they hand you your bill.

Dave

PS --this also works great when you're buying parts. On countless ocassions I've had people come in and say "gimme this and that and one of those......". Then they have heart attacks when I give them their total. A lot of time can be saved if you just ask for prices FIRST!
Old 07-09-2004, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by red95svx

First of all , if you go to a shop that charges flat-rate it doesn't matter how long it takes them. You're actually paying by the job, not by the hour. They probably charged you a half hour for installation, a half hour to scan the ECU, and $15 or so for the belt, plus tax. That's not that crazy.

Secondly, IF YOU AREN'T SURE HOW MUCH YOUR BILL IS GOING TO BE, ASK FOR A QUOTE BEFORE THEY DO ANY WORK!!!
Time and time again I see people throw fits when the pay their bill because they had no clue what they were getting into. If you blindly walk into a shop and say "do this and this and this" and you never ask about prices or labor amounts you deserve to be shocked with a high bill!!! Ask for an itemized quote so you can see everything that you'll be paying. Do this, and you'll never be surprised when they hand you your bill.

Dave

PS --this also works great when you're buying parts. On countless ocassions I've had people come in and say "gimme this and that and one of those......". Then they have heart attacks when I give them their total. A lot of time can be saved if you just ask for prices FIRST!
i agree with you 100 percent but the only thing is that sometimes when you ask for a quote they say their not sure or that they dont know yet. And they tell you that they will call you with a price and they never do. Or when they dont call and you go back to get ur car to take it elsewhere their allready done doing the work. Places can be really grimey like that. Thats why i go to an indian mechanic....i am indian myself so he wont screw me....because if he does ill spread the word and he will get no business you tell one indian and it spreads like wildfire

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-11-2004, 11:36 PM
Da'Cheat

*chuckles* You think thats bad, at the Reno subaru, i needed to get a new MAF. My died over the course of a day and a half. $500 for a new MAF, two weeks to get it in. Gets in and they want to charge me 2 F'ing hours to install the thing! Holy crap! I told then not to touch my car and to give me the new sensor. I managed to fire my car up *parked in the side lot* and pull it right infront of the service dep. window. With a cresent wrench, i had the old MAF out and the new one in in 1.5 minutes. I then talked to the head of the service dep and asked him how many people were getting screwed with thier service rates. He said they have been charging this for years, cause its what the computer told them to charge. He would not change that figure. So, NEVER go to the reno store.
Old 07-12-2004, 07:55 AM
Member #447

Send a message via MSN to Uncamitzi Send a message via Yahoo to Uncamitzi Send a message via Skype™ to Uncamitzi
Registered SVX
I'll put in a

Plug here for where I have been taking my car lately here in SL

Mark Miller Subaru.

They understand the car. They understand people that have more emotion than sense toward a car.

They understand subaru fans. They are subaru fans.

Are they the cheapest place to get a car fixed? no
But I have tried looking for the low priced answer...

Until I have my own workspace and can do all the work myself, I'll stick to Mark Miller.
92 Teal SVX LS-L 128K tranny swap with 4.11's
Well.. my days of not taking you seriously have certainly come to a middle .