How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets

Old 06-03-2004, 11:13 AM
tablu

Cali Meet

Is there any interest in a California meet anytime soon? I am in Santa Cruz and would be interested in meeting some SVX types. If it sounds good to anyone please let me know. Thanks
Old 06-03-2004, 12:06 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Hey tablu,

Welcome to the club!

We try to have a Bay Area meet every year, but this year there is a meet in Reno (in a couple of weeks).

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=17369

A few of us are going to take off from the Great Mall and meet up with some Sacramento folks in Auburn. Feel free to come along.

I get my car serviced at Subaru Santa Cruz. Next time I bring it down, I'll let you know.

Where did you buy your SVX?

Matt
Old 06-03-2004, 01:26 PM
tablu

Bought the car in Tracy from a wholsaler. Got a great deal and the car is in good condition. Could use a paint job and there is an oil leak from one of the valve covers. Now im trying to decide on what to do next as far as mods go. Tires, fix the leak, window tint, exhaust, add some body extras (front splitters and a small wing) and get it painted.
If I pull the motor can anyone suggest any engine mods to consider while its out? Thanks for your support.
Scott
Old 06-03-2004, 03:47 PM
deruvian

Quote:
Originally posted by tablu
Bought the car in Tracy from a wholsaler. Got a great deal and the car is in good condition. Could use a paint job and there is an oil leak from one of the valve covers. Now im trying to decide on what to do next as far as mods go. Tires, fix the leak, window tint, exhaust, add some body extras (front splitters and a small wing) and get it painted.
If I pull the motor can anyone suggest any engine mods to consider while its out? Thanks for your support.
Scott
I don't really have any mods to suggest, but I would definitely perform regular maintenance while it's out. It will be worth it, trust me.

I would replace all possible oil seals and gaskets (all 4 cam seals, front crank seal, rear crank seal, valve cover gaskets, oil pump seals and gaskets, etc). I would consider replacing the oil pump as preventative maintenance, but I would at least change out the seals and gaskets for it. The water pump, water pump assembly gasket, thermostat, thermostat housing, and thermostat housing seal are all very good things to replace at this time as well. To make sure your engine is getting proper pressure release, I would replace the PCV valve. Replacement of the power steering lines is also a very good "cheap insurance" move to make. A good cleaning of all vacuum and breather lines would be a very good plan. Changing the spark plugs would be much easier with the engine pulled, too.

Enjoy. And welcome to the network.

Last edited by deruvian; 06-03-2004 at 03:51 PM.