IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-15-2002, 06:24 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Invisible......

Do our cars have some sort of stealth mode activator that I must have pressed in error?
I have had more people jump out in front of me and trucks change lanes in front of me with not enough time this week.
I can only assume that I must be invisible.

Please tell me how to deactivate the cloaking device!

--- Michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 03-15-2002, 07:16 PM
alacrity024

do you run the car with the lights on during the day? I find that people actually tend to pay a little more attention to you.. they pay a LOT more attention if you run with your highbeams on all night

-a
Old 03-15-2002, 07:58 PM
sith

I find that waving the gun around accomplishes the same thing...

wait... no..
Old 03-15-2002, 09:52 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Have you been driving on I-70 through Parachute again? You know those people can't see past the end of their hoods when they're on their way to the early-bird at Denny's (Lenny's.)

Beav
Old 03-15-2002, 10:46 PM
srmifer

what svx?

heh...try this one on for size...had some guy try to merge into my big gold suburban tonight...shoulda had the SVX oh, wait...it's broken
Old 03-15-2002, 11:20 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
three words:

wigwags and strobes.

In my case, strobes at the back works great for tail gaters. As for the idiots pulling in the front, usually my longest finger in the middle of the hand works best once in a while. Otherwise, I have 911 on my speed dial and I think the CPD, IL Troopers knows me by my number by now.

Lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-15-2002, 11:41 PM
Boone

... two words

Soccer Moms
Old 03-16-2002, 12:35 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Re: ... two words

Quote:
Originally posted by Boone
Soccer Moms
Don't even go there.

A soccer mom with a kid tried to run me off an interstat once. Claimed that she had an athsma attack. Did not even stop to say sorry. Had to pull her over and then she even yelled at me. I was so close to just peeing on her car. OHHHHH!!!

lwin
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 03-16-2002, 06:04 AM
sith

Once on cartalk they recommended that you reaim one of your front windshield wiper nozzles to point over the roof of your car, so that when you used them you were able to sufficiently annoy anyone behind you. That seemed like a pretty good tactic actually...
Old 03-16-2002, 08:02 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I have the rear wiper spray nozzle on my 89 wagon rigged to do that. Used the tube and nozzle from a squirtgun to aim it. It shoots a good 20 feet. You would love to see the looks of surprise on tailgaters faces. I have been flicked off to many times to count but it is so worth it. I still havent been able to get the svx set up to do it. The rear spoiler is in the way.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-16-2002, 08:10 AM
svxeno

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
I have the rear wiper spray nozzle on my 89 wagon rigged to do that. Used the tube and nozzle from a squirtgun to aim it. It shoots a good 20 feet. You would love to see the looks of surprise on tailgaters faces. I have been flicked off to many times to count but it is so worth it. I still havent been able to get the svx set up to do it. The rear spoiler is in the way.

I keep getting this image in my head. I can't stop laughing!!

Randy (Squirt squirt...get off my a**!! HAHAHAHA) ii
Old 03-16-2002, 09:10 AM
The Road Less Traveled

ROMFLMAO!!

"Hey Mom! The car in front of us is peeing at us!"

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
Old 03-16-2002, 09:38 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
That's the fun part. No one knows exactly what the fluid spraying at them is......
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 03-16-2002, 09:50 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Me too

The rear spray nossle was broken off on my Justy so it ended up spraying straight back. I even squirted someone walking behind my car. (By accident of course )
Old 03-16-2002, 09:59 AM
srmifer

i got ya all beat!

so you're just driving around downtown and you stop at a stoplight...your light turns green, but some pedestrian decides that they can make it across before you start to go. well, to discourage this behavior, my rear washer nozzle is bent so it actually shoots out over the top of my car and a few feet in front of it. it hurries them along quite nicely...or when someone is just taking forever to walk across and you know the light is going to change...give them a little squirt! most ppl think twice about attacking a car when they're on foot...well, b/c they are on foot...and i'm in a car that's revving its engine...or suddenly veerring towards them in quite an aggressive manner...heh ooooo, another good use is when someone cuts you off...get right behind them when they stop and squirt washer fluid all over the back of their car...now i just need to get one of my fronts to squirt over the back of my car... that is, if i ever get it back!!! ::wishes he had mind control powers to prod mechanics along::