How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-24-2005, 07:58 PM
teapot

02 sensor good? bad?

i did a code check, and got a 32 code. o2 sensoe 1 right side. in my mitchel on demand program it says to test if it has 12 volts at the plug. (both o2s do). and to test the o2s for ohm restors. black and white. when i put ohm meter to the black and white nothing, ol. white to white i get 6.2 ohms on both. are they still good or bad?
Old 05-25-2005, 10:13 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Swap the sensors side to side. If the code remains the same then the sensors are good and the issue is something else (like the timing belt jumping a tooth).
Old 05-25-2005, 12:41 PM
teapot

i changed o2 sensors yesterday and the same code came up. ? the side that the 02 sensor is on would be the skiped tooth. how would i go about moving the timeing belt to see if the marks line up. you would leave the belt on right?
Old 05-25-2005, 07:19 PM
teapot

this timming belt think sounds like it is going to hard. so i tried the unpluging of the fuel injectors one by one and found out the #1 on passanger side did nothing when i un pluged it. took the coil off and the spark plug look new. then while un pluged started the car and no spark. put a new plug in it and no spark. going to gat a new coil. hopefully this fixes it. will post to let you know in case you are haveing the same problems that i had.