Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-16-2005, 02:19 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee
there's no polarity, just put the resistor between the two wires and provide insulation at the connections. Keep in mind a resistor of this type generates a good bit of heat, so take care of how it's mounted so it doesn't short out.
ok heres what i did. i got a 25 w. 20 ohm resistor and cut the plug off the original resistor then got 2 spare lengths of wire and added it to go between the plug and the resistor.wrapped it all up in electrical tape and just kinda have it laying behind the battery. works good and i finally don't have to watch the power light blink for the first time since i got it.BUT, now the little flair i had every now and again is pretty bad between 2nd and 3rd. have to do the brake band adjustment tomorrow.figures. it doesn't shift hard at all now. it's really smooth and buttery.now i actually have engine braking in 3rd which is super. like it better this way especially once the band adjustment is made. wish me luck and thanks for the help.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:23 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
That's a similar situation I went through. I didn't have the power light flashing on my car when I bought it but the resistor had to have been on the way out as the light did come on.

When I did replace the resistor I noticed the 2-3 shift wasn't very good. The issue was hiding behind the bad resistor. I hate fixing one problem only to uncover another problem. It's great when it's eventually fixed though.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
That's a similar situation I went through. I didn't have the power light flashing on my car when I bought it but the resistor had to have been on the way out as the light did come on.

When I did replace the resistor I noticed the 2-3 shift wasn't very good. The issue was hiding behind the bad resistor. I hate fixing one problem only to uncover another problem. It's great when it's eventually fixed though.
i can't wait to get it adjusted tomorrow and see how it does. the shift to 3rd is really slow at speed and flairs at light throttle so i'm hoping this fixes it up. wish me luck.
Old 05-17-2005, 07:02 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Red face

alright, I did the brake band adjustment but it's needing more adjusting than i thought it would. i turned it in till i felt it start dragging and then backed off 3 turns. this did nothing. so i took it in half a turn and still not much better. so i took it in another half and that started helping some, so i went about 3/8 of a turn more and that's got it so it only flairs under sort of a downhill situation and very light throttle. i think a quarter of a turn more should get me there. lost daylight today so will do tomorrow. should i have to adjust 1 1/2 turns in? that's halfway to when it starts dragging! some input would help. thanks guys. Jason WOW MY 100TH POST!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Budfreak; 05-17-2005 at 07:04 PM.