Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Transmission and Drivetrain

Old 05-14-2005, 11:48 AM
fl_svx

Trans Shift Kit Installed Today

Well, kudos to the Small Car Performance folks. I received my shift kit today, only two days to get from there to Florida. I could not wait, so I rushed out and installed the kit before the letter carrier even left. Of course I had to go back in the house to print out the instructions off the website, not really necessary since I already knew how to do it from memory. Everything went just fine and I went out for the test drive. I made no changes from the factory settings. It works just as advertised and I am quite pleased with it's function. I would make a couple of changes to the design for convenience sake though. I would have made a harness to make it plug n play rather than having to splice, etc. As has been noted in previous threads, the hose routing and length could be better. I had to cut the vacuum hose as shown, but of course it was a bit on the brittle side. Stretching the supplied hose I believe placed undue stress on the t-fitting, plus if you route the hose under the engine cover it can be compressed if your aren't careful with the routing, plus it crosses way too close to the throttle body linkage, making my aviation upbringing kick in. I went down to the local parts store, bought a couple of tee's and a cap plug and 2 feet of hose. I replaced the section coming off the engine nipple to the new tee, added a section of hose to route the new hose along the firewall, installed a connector for the kit supplied hose. Voila, now I can sleep nights.

All in all, it works very well. Firmer upshifts and no hunting on decelleration. Feels like a normal car now. Thanks to all who have put their two cents worth in regarding this install.
Old 05-14-2005, 11:53 AM

Photos Please

and a bit more thourgh write up and then submit it to SVXipedia the SVX version of Wikipedia. Under S for "shift kit".
Thanx,
WGJ