Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Destroyer of worlds.

NEVER run a red light. (Graphic)

Seems obvious to most, doesn't it?

MODS - This video clip is GRAPHIC not gory - please delete this thread if you feel this is inappropriate.

DAYTON | Doctors revived a man Sunday just hours after medics pronounced him dead on the scene of a car crash, police officials said.

Dayton Police Sgt. Charles Hurley said Scott Tegtmeyer was walking in the intersection of Third Street and Edwin C. Moses Boulevard at 12:40 p.m. when a Chrysler PT Cruiser ran a red light, struck a Subaru sports utility vehicle and sent it into the air.

The Subaru landed upside down on Tegtmeyer and dragged him several feet across the intersection, Hurley said. Tegtmeyer, bloodied and surrounded by shattered glass, was pronounced dead on the scene, but he suddenly started breathing while in transit with paramedics. By 3 p.m., doctors had fully resuscitated him.

On Sunday evening, he was in the Miami Valley Hospital Intensive Care Unit.

Neither of the female drivers of the vehicles involved were carrying passengers. The woman driving the Subaru was transported to Miami Valley Hospital. Information on the condition of the driver of the PT Cruiser was not available. Hurley said police talked to eight witnesses. He also said it is possible a camera mounted high above the intersection captured the crash.

Dayton police reconstructionists, trained at putting clues together after crashes, were on the scene with digital cameras and measuring devices. The flipped Subaru showed noticeable crash damage on the left body panel. Ten yards away, the customized P.T. Cruiser with a "AAA" sticker on the back of its tinted windows showed damage to its front end.

Old 06-29-2004, 10:22 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
A friend of mine at work just had his car totaled by somebody running a read light. My friend never knew what hit him. But the guy admitted complete fault for the accident, which is rare.

Edit: I just wanted to add my own disclaimer to this thread. The video linked to is really graphic. It's not for the faint of heart. If you think it might bother you, it probably will. So use your own judgement.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 06-29-2004 at 12:07 PM.
Old 06-29-2004, 12:06 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

WOW... That really sucked...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 06-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Just watched this. Sweet Lord!

I have to say though, it looks like the Forester survived with minimal damage from the actual rollover. Most damage came from the initial impact.

Glad nobody died. This is why I look both way when entering an intersection. Especially when I live in Flint. People there are notorious for running reds.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 06-29-2004, 04:42 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Oh my God. I have a pretty strong stomach for things that, but as soon as I saw the poor guy get hit I had to close the window. And he is surviving, WOW. That is why the world needs to slow down a bit.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 06-29-2004, 05:50 PM
Destroyer of worlds.

Quote:
civic_slayer: That is why the world needs to slow down a bit.

SVXer95: Glad nobody died.
...the only two reasons I posted that video clip.
Old 06-29-2004, 06:51 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
I didn't find this video gory - it left alot to the imagination actually.

But it should be a reminder to all - slow down and be careful in residential areas. I witnessed a man get hit while on vacation in myrtle beach last year.
Imagine - sitting at a roadside bar sipping a beer and watching a human go 10 feet up and do flips in the air after being struck by a towncar that was doing about 40 in a 15 zone on the strip.

It slowed me down. It downright scared the **** outta me actually.

Videos like this can be graphic and not for the faint of heart, but they are not out of place here if they slow even 1 driver down.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 06-29-2004, 08:36 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by SVXer95
This is why I look both way when entering an intersection. Especially when I live in Flint. People there are notorious for running reds.
I lived in MI for about three years, and the drivers in that state are the worst I've ever seen. They beat FL drivers hands down.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 06-29-2004, 08:41 PM

Just because he lived does not mean he will be able to walk. His life will be forever changed. The lady in the PT crusier insurance company will surely screw him over. You cant put a price on what happen to him. It looks like to me he was jaywalking what would have happen if the PT didnt run the red light and T-bone the Subaru? that Subaru was going pretty quick. Watch the video again he was seconds away from being hit by the Subaru.
Old 06-30-2004, 12:04 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
ehh you can't tell from that angle.. cause its quite possible the forester was in the left lane, and the guy knew that.. i mean,both cars lookk like they're going about 30-45 mph? the PT cruiser i'm sure pushed the forester over, not to mention... the suby driver probably steered to avoid.. i mean, all of this is compeltely speculation.. but it makes you think...

Yeah, Collin, one of the two times i've been in flint, a guy ran a red right in front of me, but i always check... my mom like freaked cause she was in the car too.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 06-30-2004, 09:10 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

how in the world could someone have survived that crash? Especially the poor guy crossing the street.

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 06-30-2004, 09:13 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

I lived in MI for about three years, and the drivers in that state are the worst I've ever seen. They beat FL drivers hands down.
Come to new york city. We got some REALLY bad drivers here too. Drivers here have one hand on the wheel....one hand on cell phone....head outside yelling at someone and also having a conversation with someone in the next car and managing to still gawk at every woman passing by. Thats the men obviously although i have seen some women doing it too !

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-01-2004, 02:18 AM
One teal and One yellow

Arrow IF

1) the PT wouldn't run the red light.
or
2) the subaru would prepare to stop/slow a bit before the red light turned to green light .... instead of pushing gas to go faster right after you see the light turned green from a distance.

would this accident not happen at all or not as bad ....

but the guy... just a poor pedestrian.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: