SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:17 AM
tancred

Shock And Awe -

**This isnt street racing its touring**

So i had to head up the mountains to this place about 34 miles up from downtown SLC, i enter the canyon which i usually take about 80 and i see this SAAB just tearing it up, and im like, OOOH i want a piece of this, so i jump on the bandwagon, and we proceed up the hill, he walks away from me, and im like, no F-ing way....so i nail it, we are putting down about 120mph up a 7% grade and he still is walking me, and im thinking WTF, its saab. So being the spirited driver that i am, i begin to take the corners, by diving to the inside from the outside lane on each corner, nobody else on the road but me and the SAAB, so i finally catch him and pass him since my handling is obviously better, he gets behind me and makes a mad dash up at me, so i pull over wave him by. He gives me a thumbs up and takes off like there is no hill..my poor bone stock SVX is going..."Dustin I hate you" and we let the saab go, well i get to my destination and i see the saab is sitting in the lot, turbo timer still going, so i wait, and the owner comes out and we bull**** for a few minutes....SAAB 9-5 Aero = 250bhp 2.3l Asymetric Turbo Charging....
370Nm Torque, which i dunno what that is in Ft/lbs. But it sounds impressive. So we talk and he is like, nice svx, and i tell him it was until it got the hurt put on me by a damn SAAB...

For more info on the SAAB that killed THE BEAST..
http://www.saabcentral.com/features/95_index.php

I take my hat off to the SAAB.....ive never gotten so worked..
Old 06-11-2004, 11:22 AM
alacrity024

any saab with the word "aero" on it is gonna trounce you. my uncle drive a 9-5 aero wagon and the thing HAULS. it's still fwd though..
Old 06-11-2004, 11:23 AM
tancred

my friend jokingly asks, are you sure it wasnt a suzuki aerio? I was like... gosh i hope not..
lol

Last edited by ensteele; 06-11-2004 at 02:45 PM.
Old 06-11-2004, 11:28 AM
red95svx

My ex-girlfriend owned a 97 Saab 900se Turbo. That thing would eat the SVX alive from a standing start. Only once I got up to 40-50 mph did I stand a chance. It's tough keeping up with a turbo'd car.
Even though her Saab had 30 less horsepower than the SVX, it was lighter, 5 speed, and geared for fast starts.

Dave
Old 06-11-2004, 11:32 AM
tancred

careful how loud you say that 5 speed word around my SVX it might get ideas...I was in shock for like 1/2 an hr, i was like, Ssss....Saaa....Saaaaaa.....Saaaab....beat me....im pretty sure tho, that my other teal w/ mods woulda put up a better fight. As this car is the deffinition of a POS.....but on a high note, i spanked on a Mustang GT 5.0 foxbody today with my POS so that put a smirk on my face...the missing side panels on this svx must add like 40hp....lol...
Old 06-11-2004, 12:06 PM
0h n0es!

Send a message via ICQ to IggDawg Send a message via AIM to IggDawg
from what I gather, foxbody mustang guys hate SVXs . "My stang got toasted by a SUBARU??!!"

even the next model after that is nothing special on the highway. the current bodystyle has a few more ponies. I've driven in one and wouldn't try my luck unless I had something serious under the hood.

-IggDawg

1992 Teal SVX LS-L 160k miles
4.11:1 final drive, K&B dropsprings, ART front rotors, stainless steel brake, aluminum underdrive crank pulley, Kuhmo Ecsta Supra 712's, K&N drop-in filter. Previously owned by Alacrity024. FOR SALE

1994 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red #1659, build date 11/93, 117k miles, RIP
ECUtune stage 1, bead crush, smallcar shift kit, TB bypass, SS brake lines, silencer removed, alternator and grounding wires, Mobil1 @ 117k
Old 06-11-2004, 12:10 PM
Word to Yo Motha

Send a message via AIM to SVXer95
Hehehe. Pull up to my buddies fox body and you would tell a different story. Runs 12.4s on.....STREET TIRES! The car is recockulous. 12.4 is with about a second of wheel spin. Car looks completely stock. What a sleeper.

It is NA if anyone wanted to know. No blower, turbo, or nitrous.

1995 L AWD
Locker

1987 Porsche 944 turbo
80k miles. MBC + Chips. Relatively Stock
Old 06-11-2004, 12:21 PM
tancred

lol, well this is my STOCK SVX....my other one has light mods....

I always kept a second car up until last year as my racing beast...but all good things must come to an end, so now i have SVXs....slow ones..
(like they made a fast one)
Old 06-11-2004, 12:21 PM
tancred

We are going to have a porting party here with the other SVX motor...
Old 06-11-2004, 12:23 PM
Hater

"Illegal activity such as street racing is neither condoned nor acceptable. Please refrain from these types of posts, or be warned."

uh-oh! not acceptable per the new rules.........

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 06-11-2004, 12:24 PM
tancred

I didnt race anyone, i was accelerating faster....and i dont want to call it a race unless i win, if i lose, i say i wasnt trying..LOL....

Admins can cry about it, I care ".." this much.......

Old 06-11-2004, 02:49 PM
Yeah, I'm still around

Quote:
Originally posted by tancred
I didnt race anyone, i was accelerating faster....and i dont want to call it a race unless i win, if i lose, i say i wasnt trying..LOL....

Admins can cry about it, I care ".." this much.......

We mods do care a little more than that.

Per the recently implemented rules Alan so carefully quoted, this thread will be locked.

Thanks for playing. We're not interested in more.

Todd