SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-14-2007, 06:05 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
I just sent another email to ebay telling them they have 24 hours to ban edknot for good or I and many others will no longer be doing ANY business on ebay. I'm persistent and obsessive and I will not stop making myself heard until this guy and all his buddies are behind bars.

Let me say it again... I, personally would rather know EXACTLY who to avoid than have to risk getting screwed just to figure it out.
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 03-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Let me say it again... I, personally would rather know EXACTLY who to avoid than have to risk getting screwed just to figure it out.
All you have to do is use common sense and you won't get screwed. Stay away from broken english on ebay in the philly and vineland areas and all should be well. Also, always read feedback completely. Best thing to do though is simply stay away from Ebay and stick to the network for your needs. You can always ask Me, Mike621, Svxfiles, or Dayle for parts just to name a few.

Last edited by Budfreak; 03-14-2007 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:43 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Jason, I appreciate your intent of protecting fellow owner's investments and from fraudulent sales, but this last statement makes me question your intentions.

Now that you've claimed yourself as a vendor of SVX parts, from my previous experience it would be advisable to maintain a sense of decorum that would be more prudent accordingly.

"simply stay away from Ebay and stick to the network for your needs. You can always ask me for parts and I will always do the best I can to find it for you."

--this statement above seems a bit selfish. There are people here who do still use Ebay, including myself. I will be the first to agree, that there are crooked sellers out there, but there are good people too, and it needs to be taken on more of an individualistic basis, and less of this McCarthy-istic-witch hunt-banter that happens on this forum.
Old 03-14-2007, 09:56 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike621
Jason, I appreciate your intent of protecting fellow owner's investments and from fraudulent sales, but this last statement makes me question your intentions.

Now that you've claimed yourself as a vendor of SVX parts, from my previous experience it would be advisable to maintain a sense of decorum that would be more prudent accordingly.

"simply stay away from Ebay and stick to the network for your needs. You can always ask me for parts and I will always do the best I can to find it for you."

--this statement above seems a bit selfish. There are people here who do still use Ebay, including myself. I will be the first to agree, that there are crooked sellers out there, but there are good people too, and it needs to be taken on more of an individualistic basis, and less of this McCarthy-istic-witch hunt-banter that happens on this forum.
I didn't mean it to sound selfish, I was just making an example of why even bother with SVX stuff on ebay with all this crap that keeps going on that ebay refuses to stop when you can find it all right here. Sorry, I didn't think about you being on ebay, But it's hard to remember when there is 3 or 4 pages of nothing but Edknot and junk. I didn't mean it to sound harsh or anything, I'm just at the end of my rope with this guy and the fact that nobody will do anything about it just keeps me fired up. I will edit the post to at least include a few other names than my own for parts sources.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:20 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
yeah, those jerks in Philly will get you every time...

Tom
Old 03-14-2007, 10:22 PM
Maniac modifier

precision in your statements would make them easier to deal with. You basically just told everyone that I should not be trusted even if it was indirect or non-specific.

Tom
Old 03-14-2007, 10:25 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
precision in your statements would make them easier to deal with. You basically just told everyone that I should not be trusted even if it was indirect or non-specific.

Tom
I said people with broken english. Plus Vlad has used Philly as his ebay home more than once because he works there.
Old 03-14-2007, 10:31 PM
Maniac modifier

Thats all good and dandy but you need to be specific. Also, this is getting out of hand. Why don't you just let it go? Would I like to see him caught? Of course... would I toil away day and night to get him...no. Just get over it an allow people who are actually involved deal with their own business. Also, stop trying to get everyone so scared that they only feel safe getting their things from you... Read up on the Red Scare and the Cold War and you will see a clear connection.

"387 communists in the white house"
"How many Mr. Senator?"
"Uh... 239...."
"excuse me Mr. Senator how many communists in the White House?"
"Uh....302 I said..."

Also, its a good movie, check out the original Manchurian Candidate

Who says I won't be a good history teacher

Tom
Old 03-14-2007, 11:20 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
Thats all good and dandy but you need to be specific. Also, this is getting out of hand. Why don't you just let it go? Would I like to see him caught? Of course... would I toil away day and night to get him...no. Just get over it an allow people who are actually involved deal with their own business. Also, stop trying to get everyone so scared that they only feel safe getting their things from you... Read up on the Red Scare and the Cold War and you will see a clear connection.

"387 communists in the white house"
"How many Mr. Senator?"
"Uh... 239...."
"excuse me Mr. Senator how many communists in the White House?"
"Uh....302 I said..."

Also, its a good movie, check out the original Manchurian Candidate

Who says I won't be a good history teacher

Tom
I'm not going to sit back and relax while some dirtball and all his buddies sit around laughing and enjoying themselves while getting away with it all and living free. I would explain why but it's personal. I'm not attempting to scare anybody into buying anything from me, I simply state facts as they are. Ebay is about 70% garbage when it comes to the SVX due to Edknot and Vlad and the vendors with their generic junk, So why bother with it?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:41 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
I would not go that far. Their stuff is garbage, but the other stuff that I have purchased on ebay from good venders are good parts. You have to be careful, but if you watch the feedback, and informaton about the parts, you can still come out good. It is like anything else, some bad apples spoil the whole barrel. I am not going to let their bad actions affect me or my attitude and become negative towards ebay.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 03-15-2007, 01:05 AM

Registered SVX
Sorry to say all this ebay stuff makes me laugh. In this tiny patch, a decent software system has been operating for some time, I.E. TradeMe. The guy who wrote it has sold it for several millions and it is now in use overseas. A watertight system regarding payment is one of the many features.

I have used it to purchase a computer, a Mazda MX5, and just days ago a piano. The concept is brilliant and problem free.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 03-15-2007, 01:25 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
I would not go that far. Their stuff is garbage, but the other stuff that I have purchased on ebay from good venders are good parts. You have to be careful, but if you watch the feedback, and informaton about the parts, you can still come out good. It is like anything else, some bad apples spoil the whole barrel. I am not going to let their bad actions affect me or my attitude and become negative towards ebay.
Yes, I have gotten good things from ebay too(my brakes to name one) But it seems now that most of it is generic crap that will fit anything or it's just page after page of edknot which I'm just sick of looking at everytime I go on ebay. Notice earlier I said 70% of it. Your exactly right though Earl, Just watch the feedback and descriptions and all should be well. My attitude towards ebay is changed though due to their lack of caring that somebody has been ripping people off on their site for so long. They don't care if you lose your money for as long as they get theirs, and I just don't agree with that from a company that makes what they do a year. But anyway, Let's get back on subject.

Don't buy from Edknot
Old 03-15-2007, 05:31 AM
Network Design Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budfreak
All you have to do is use common sense and you won't get screwed. Stay away from broken english on ebay in the philly and vineland areas and all should be well. Also, always read feedback completely. Best thing to do though is simply stay away from Ebay and stick to the network for your needs. You can always ask Me, Mike621, Svxfiles, or Dayle for parts just to name a few.

Right, cause I always buy from ebay without regard to feedback, etc... I am no newb at ebay, and I know how to research. My point is not every broken english speaking person is a crook, vlad/edknot, or whomever...

How many of edknots auctions actually sell? And of those how many are not his friends try to make him look good? If you dont like his auctions, dont bid on them, report them, whatever. If none of his auctions are selling, all he is doing is giving is money to ebay for nothing in return...
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:16 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSVX
Right, cause I always buy from ebay without regard to feedback, etc... I am no newb at ebay, and I know how to research. My point is not every broken english speaking person is a crook, vlad/edknot, or whomever...

How many of edknots auctions actually sell? And of those how many are not his friends try to make him look good? If you dont like his auctions, dont bid on them, report them, whatever. If none of his auctions are selling, all he is doing is giving is money to ebay for nothing in return...
One of my main concerns with getting rid of him is the fact that business on ebay has dropped to nothing since he came along. I can't get anything to sell on there now because everybody is tired of going on there and just seeing the same crap over and over again by a bunch of con's. Granted there are treasures to be found amongst the filth, But eventually the filth out numbers the treasures and people get tired of digging for them. I wasn't trying to start a debate, Just make a point that at this current moment the network is the better place to go for usual parts.
Old 03-15-2007, 12:31 PM
Maniac modifier

so maybe the business of selling used car parts is not a good one? Infact the business of cars alone is never consistant. thats why I don't rely on it, merely just a side project

Tom