Old 09-26-2008, 06:17 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Re: Women

Quote:
Originally Posted by gstape View Post
OK mr-know-it-all
Oh yes because aspiring to be informed about things is the same as pretending to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaySVX View Post
Nikfu, in time, you'll understand what the others are talking about. Grown-up life is much different than high school life.
What the hell are you talking about, I'm almost 26 years old. I left high school back in 2001.

Maybe my grown up life just isn't regulated by the same rules you guys like to be held to. I'd think this fact would be pretty obvious by now.

In your defense, someone did ask me if I was old enough to vote a couple weeks ago. It's nice to look young, I guess.

--
edit:
*looks at your DOB*

I'm older than you are. :unamused:

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 09-26-2008 at 06:20 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:37 AM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S. View Post

In your defense, someone did ask me if I was old enough to vote a couple weeks ago. It's nice to look young, I guess.
It sure is a big disadvantage though when those big mean soldier boys take the girls away from you.

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 09-27-2008, 12:37 PM
Bad decisions effect everybody

Send a message via AIM to JaySVX Send a message via Yahoo to JaySVX

Quote:
*looks at your DOB*

I'm older than you are. :unamused:
Age is not nearly as relevant as life experience. I'm sure you think you're chalked full of it, too. You'll undersatnd eventually, it's pointless to argue now.
2004 Ford Excursion Eddie Bauer, 6.0litre Power Stroke Diesel - Daily Driver.

Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, scotch in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming HOOOOYA !!!!!
Old 09-27-2008, 02:00 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
It sure is a big disadvantage though when those big mean soldier boys take the girls away from you.
Lee
The type of girls the soldiers boys take are not the ones I want. Everyone wins.
Quote:
Age is not nearly as relevant as life experience. I'm sure you think you're chalked full of it, too. You'll undersatnd eventually, it's pointless to argue now.
Like you even have one iota of an indicator of my life experience. You don't know anything about me and therefore can not tell me "I'll understand eventually", especially without hinting at "what" you think I will come to understand. Perhaps you are talking about kissing ass? I don't do that.
Pre-empting my likely response of believing I have plenty life experience does not invalidate what experience I do have.
I hope it is you who actually understand how pointless your comments are.

I sincerely doubt there is much you understand that I have not fathomed at least once, so please, get off your high horse.

Quote:
Grown-up life is much different than high school life.
(Assuming I am not "grown up".)
Quote:
I'm older than you are.
Quote:
Age is not nearly as relevant as life experience.
(Retracting and altering your assumption.)

Last edited by NikFu S.; 09-27-2008 at 02:09 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 04:22 PM

Quote:
The type of girls the soldiers boys take are not the ones I want. Everyone wins.

Like you even have one iota of an indicator of my life experience. You don't know anything about me and therefore can not tell me "I'll understand eventually", especially without hinting at "what" you think I will come to understand. Perhaps you are talking about kissing ass? I don't do that.
Pre-empting my likely response of believing I have plenty life experience does not invalidate what experience I do have.
I hope it is you who actually understand how pointless your comments are.

I sincerely doubt there is much you understand that I have not fathomed at least once, so please, get off your high horse.

(Assuming I am not "grown up".)

(Retracting and altering your assumption.)

Ok seriously, what is going on dude? How about you give a slight hint at the experience you DO have? Go ahead, look up my DOB... I've got you by a FULL MONTH!!!!! And I don't feel lame bragging it up considering you bashed about a whopping year! After reading a bunch of threads and seeing what you do have to say I really started liking you, not saying I don't by what is with the antagonistic attitude here? Is it really necessary? I'll admit on the old college forums I went head to head with especially one other person and we had half the school watching the threads just to see what we would argue about next but you seem to be looking to pick a fight here. I know you've been posting all over the place and have obviously been following enough of the others to see that they all have their areas of expertise just like every human being on the face of this big ball we call home. Please, realize that everyone here has a basis for what they are saying and respect the knowledge they do have, that is all they are offering and that is how they are treating you. I know I don't know you and you've made that point, but you have your own personality in a forum like this and you are beginning to be the cocky little punk of the group, and perhaps the people mentioning age are basing it off the fact that even at 26, you're talking like a teenager.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:18 PM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greggbzz View Post
The one I was getting mixed signals from, all the flirty weirdness, well we are getting to be close friends now.
Lesson learned long time ago...they do that with all the guys untill they catch one they want to keep, and then you get the cold shoulder on/off switch is sometimes hooked to a strobe lite oh well
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 09-27-2008, 05:33 PM
Good morning!

Oh, now that I read the entire thing... I think I see what the womenz were upset about
Old 09-27-2008, 05:59 PM
building more AK47's

Its starting to sound like a hen house in here
Old 09-27-2008, 06:52 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by iizbeastie View Post
Ok seriously, what is going on dude? How about you give a slight hint at the experience you DO have? Go ahead, look up my DOB... I've got you by a FULL MONTH!!!!! And I don't feel lame bragging it up considering you bashed about a whopping year!

If you look again, you'll see he was talking to ME about age like I was some 16 year old kid. Ok?

After reading a bunch of threads and seeing what you do have to say I really started liking you, not saying I don't by what is with the antagonistic attitude here? Is it really necessary?

Yes, just about every post I make is mocked by a certain group of individuals and I do enjoy defending myself. As you pose this question to me, why not also ask the other their motives.

I'll admit on the old college forums I went head to head with especially one other person and we had half the school watching the threads just to see what we would argue about next but you seem to be looking to pick a fight here.

I strongly disagree. I do not feel my comments were aggressive.

I know you've been posting all over the place and have obviously been following enough of the others to see that they all have their areas of expertise just like every human being on the face of this big ball we call home. Please, realize that everyone here has a basis for what they are saying and respect the knowledge they do have, that is all they are offering and that is how they are treating you.

So far in this thread no one has offered knowledge. Only mockery and pseudo "advice".

I know I don't know you and you've made that point, but you have your own personality in a forum like this and you are beginning to be the cocky little punk of the group, and perhaps the people mentioning age are basing it off the fact that even at 26, you're talking like a teenager.
I talk like a teenager? Please explain. By asking this question do I seem arrogant or perhaps even ignorant?
I am cocky, I'll give you that. Just look through my posts. I also believe I am right most of the time and when I feel someone is wrong I feel obligated to point it out to the fullest.

Speaking of wrong, let's take a look at the negative reactions I have received that have gone all but unnoticed:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
once you actually get with a woman, you can have an opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Landshark View Post
i've slain more poon than you'll ever know, kid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele View Post
Your statement above shows you have no clue when it comes to women. That statement is Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to simplified to even think you know about women.
Quote:
Good luck with that
Quote:
OK mr-know-it-all
(This one is not necessarily negative but indirectly ascertains that I am ignorant of a most basic social development.)
Quote:
Nikfu, in time, you'll understand what the others are talking about. Grown-up life is much different than high school life.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhopp77 View Post
Am I not expected to react in kind to this mockery?

Perhaps you feel they are justified because I am a "little punk"?

Are you seeing my point of view now or do you feel a need to criticize me more?

Last edited by NikFu S.; 09-27-2008 at 06:55 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 08:05 PM

Before I begin, I would like to apologize to all of those annoyed by our bickering.... perhaps we should start a new thread entitled "definition of teenage behavior'..... For all of those amused, please, read on. After all, he is asking for an explanation now isn't he?

Quote:
I talk like a teenager? Please explain.

In this particular case I was referring to the blatant rejection of others opinions and the incessant need to validate your reasoning in the minds of others. Not to mention it seems you take all criticism as 'mockery' even if it isn't, are you having trouble noting the difference?

By asking this question do I seem arrogant or perhaps even ignorant?

more ignorant than arrogant, but yes, both actually

I am cocky, I'll give you that. Just look through my posts.

I can relate, but I don't believe my post count can validate it yet, at least we aren't in denial

I also believe I am right most of the time and when I feel someone is wrong I feel obligated to point it out to the fullest.

We do seem to have that in common, I'm pretty sure that has been proven my the fact that this conversation is taking place. As far as that is concerned, try working in engineering (not assuming you don't/haven't), it's kind of a requirement of the job....

Speaking of wrong, let's take a look at the negative reactions I have received that have gone all but unnoticed:
Am I not expected to react in kind to this mockery?

You are fully entitled to your own defense and I do see the point here, but let us look at YOUR responses shall we? That IS after all what sparked this....

-Wow, pessimism. That'll take you far in life.
-Oh har dee har. Just because you have trouble with them doesn't mean I should as well.

And especially my two favorites...

-You want a medal, grandpa?
-get off your high horse.

Are you really trying to say that these are not antagonizing statements? There is a huge difference between defending yourself and extending an argument.

Are you seeing my point of view now or do you feel a need to criticize me more?

Hmmm..... Well lets see, are you seeing the point I am making or is this going to be an "everyone else better choke on what I have to say" .... ehem, 'cliche'
My point was pretty simple and is obviously one you haven't picked up. More often than not, you have to show and [I]earn[I] respect before you demand it of others because as much as we all want to take it for granted it is not something we are simply entitled to. Honestly, I hate the fact that this 'cliche' is known as a teenage attitude because it's often found in many other places. Parents for example, often simply expect to be respected and obeyed when they have shown little to no respect to their children. I am not generalizing all parents on this note, but it is common nonetheless.

Edit:
Almost forgot....
**So far in this thread no one has offered knowledge. Only mockery and pseudo "advice".**
I'll make the note that this statement includes your own posts as well........

Last edited by iizbeastie; 09-27-2008 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:01 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Re: People

I will gladly debate what could be considered "teenage" behaviour. It is a downhill battle, in my eyes.
Quote:
In this particular case I was referring to the blatant rejection of others opinions and the incessant need to validate your reasoning in the minds of others.
Please cite at least one source from this thread of either blatant rejection or an incessant need of validation.
Quote:
Not to mention it seems you take all criticism as 'mockery' even if it isn't, are you having trouble noting the difference?
Show me one valid criticism that I did not take well. Failing that, at least show me even one valid criticism.
Quote:
more ignorant than arrogant, but yes, both actually
Explain why. I ask you to do this not because I don't understand, but because I disagree with you.
Quote:
I can relate, but I don't believe my post count can validate it yet, at least we aren't in denial
Is not cockiness the nature of males? Oh wait, would believing this make me contradictory?
Quote:
You are fully entitled to your own defense and I do see the point here, but let us look at YOUR responses shall we? That IS after all what sparked this....
Those are good examples, yes, but also in retort to invalid criticisms and I feel they are justified yet non-aggresive.
You might as well reject the responses to Grandpashark. He has a long history of being on my case since his buddy Chicane left. This leaves us with two examples.
Gstape thought it necessary to ridicule my aspiration to become knowledgeable in many subjects. Note the laughing smiley. His post can and should be interpreted as having a very pessimistic stance, insinuating that I am not able to meet my own expectation of becoming knowledgeable. In essence, he said "You are stupid, that will never happen", as if having a pessimistic attitude is any base for accomplishment. Looking at it from this viewpoint, explain to me what is wrong with my response.

Jay found it necessary to incorrectly and unduely categorize me as an inexperienced person. Fine. He was wrong, I showed him I have the capacity to be as experienced as he is based merely on the fact I have been around for at least as long. Show me the arrogance in that.
He then however converts his original statement so that it can be reapplied in a sense that was not originally intended, proceeded to put grammatically incorrect words in my mouth, reasserts his position that I have no idea what is even happening, and ends his portion of the "argument" by concluding anything I can say would be pointless.
His entire post was a direct insult. I gave him a few reasons of why he was wrong, and concluded by letting him know he has taken a VERY arrogant stance. Under this light, show me what is wrong with my response.
Quote:
Hmmm..... Well lets see, are you seeing the point I am making or is this going to be an "everyone else better choke on what I have to say" .... ehem, 'cliche'
I disagree with your point, as I feel it is wrong. Are you troubled with my opinion that this thread is based on the premise that one sex is somehow superior to the other? Am I supposed to subdue my opinion as not to oppose the ego-stroking of females?
Am I somehow inexperienced with women because I choose to treat them as I would treat a man? (That is with equality in every respect. In before any predictable sexual connotations. Looking at you, Alan.)
Quote:
More often than not, you have to show and [I]earn[I] respect before you demand it of others ...
I'm quite aware of this. If you do not believe me, please cite a source from the thread where I am demanding respect.
Quote:
Almost forgot....
**So far in this thread no one has offered knowledge. Only mockery and pseudo "advice".**
I'll make the note that this statement includes your own posts as well.....
I will help you note that I never once offered or pretended to offer any sort of advice or knowledge. Only opinion, which was thoroughly ridiculed. If you disagree with this statement, please explain why. Also note that I have not yet pulled the "you guys are not getting my point despite having yet to clarify any actual point", card.

*hands you the mic*

Last edited by NikFu S.; 09-27-2008 at 09:29 PM. Reason: spelling error.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:43 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX

Women are complex. They have schedules of mood swings and predictable erratic behavior. Just as much as any man. I don't understand whats with all the hostility with everyone arguing over who has the most life experience and age.

I have learned in my 23 years, that there is no point in trying too hard. Do what you do, and eventually you will find someone that can work with you.

Like anything in life, there will be ups and downs, you just need to learn how to deal with them and how to identify when the down is never going to come back up.

I do find it funny this discussion has taken the turn it has. If you have been easily offended or feathers rustled... might want to check which team you really want to play for.

Tom
Old 09-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Re: People

The only person I would guess has gotten feathers ruffled is iizbeastie, but I am also under the impression this user is female.
If you are not, before you get offended, your anatomy is not listed and you come across with an effeminate posting style.

If I were truly offended by anything I would have become hostile, called names, and later apologized for name-calling (source). That said, my opinion of everyone remains unchanged by this thread.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 09-27-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 09:59 PM

I thought I was done with this thread, but I guess I was brought back in...

Quote:
NikFu posted: Gstape thought it necessary to ridicule my aspiration to become knowledgeable in many subjects. Note the laughing smiley. His post can and should be interpreted as having a very pessimistic stance, insinuating that I am not able to meet my own expectation of becoming knowledgeable. In essence, he said "You are stupid, that will never happen", as if having a pessimistic attitude is any base for accomplishment. Looking at it from this viewpoint, explain to me what is wrong with my response.
Hmm.... sorry if you took it that way, I didn't mean it that way. I just thought it was a funny statement you made.

Quote:
I want to know everything and make an attempt to do so.
I wrote good luck with that.

... nothing wrong with your pursuit to know EVERYTHING ... which is well alot, my opinion is just you are destine to fail to know EVERYTHING (women are not simple creatures as you stated).... you said pessimistic to me... I guess it is... (but I would argue realistic).... I said Mr-know-it-all (that is know everything, your words) as a joke hence the lol icon.

Again, I just thought that was a funny statement.

No harm intended

Last edited by gstape; 09-27-2008 at 10:35 PM.
Old 09-27-2008, 10:12 PM
Good morning!

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonsvx View Post
Its starting to sound like a hen house in here
I like my chickens, it's the ducks that are frekin loud! Talk about problems with females, male ducks are quiet

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: