Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 12-03-2006, 07:25 PM
gettin there....

Send a message via AIM to RedHotSVX Send a message via MSN to RedHotSVX Send a message via Yahoo to RedHotSVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beav
While they're at it why not add something useful to the display, like a radar detector readout, XM/Sirius, how many french fries are under the seat, etc.?
I like the radar detector readout idea...ALOT
1997 LSI,18 inch Axis wheel(summer),16 inch ALT wheels(winter),Trans temp/Volt gauges,Iridium plug's, Autotechnica intake,silverstar high/low and fogs,polyurethane sway bar bushing's front and rear,Smallcar shift kit,Stebro exhaust finally..SWEET!!
Motorsports drilled/slotted rotor's front and rear with ceramic pads and SS brake lines.
1997 SUS Legacy,finally got the engine in after a year!!
My Locker
www.myspace.com/devilhornz
Old 12-07-2006, 05:35 PM
word words wording

Send a message via AIM to SomethingElse Send a message via MSN to SomethingElse
The first 10 who sign up get to decide what goes on there..as long as we can all come to an agreement

Rebuilt P/S pump info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50918

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 12-08-2006, 02:46 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
I have no gaurantee of the funds to do it, But I'm in and will assist in any way possible. I might even know somebody in Cali. who will help with a donor car.

I want:
Green numbers(to match everything)
Volts
Coolant temp.
Tranny temp.
Oil pressure
and then of course all the obligatory stuff like dum dum lights, turn signals, gas and so on.

The radar detector idea would be friggin' SWEET too!
Old 12-08-2006, 04:42 PM

Send a message via AIM to subru92svx
I am definitely interested. I think that would look sweet in an SVX. I'm with Budfreak on the color he wants and all the other gauges. I sure hope this all works out.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:21 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Hmmm...I would be the crazey idiot with a digital dash and an analog clock just to mess with people's heads

ooh, mabey have a clock with a stopwatch thing so you can time stuff!!(You can take the factory clock and turn it into another coinholder or something)
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 12-10-2006, 09:26 PM

Send a message via MSN to pavanbabut Send a message via Yahoo to pavanbabut
Hi all,
This project seems interesting. I wonder how cool the final product will look in the dash. I can help with my car if the guy needs access, but what I didn't get is, why can't he use an instrument cluster taken out from any parts car (from anyone who is parting out his car over here), if possible we can chip in and buy it and then we can send it to the guy who works on this project. In this way he will be having full access all the time. Anyway I live in NorCal and I dunno how far this guy is located etc....
-Pavan.
Old 12-11-2006, 05:11 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
I would assume he wants a actual car to use to test that all the displays function correcly once installed in the car...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 12-11-2006, 08:48 AM
word words wording

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbabut
Hi all,
This project seems interesting. I wonder how cool the final product will look in the dash. I can help with my car if the guy needs access, but what I didn't get is, why can't he use an instrument cluster taken out from any parts car (from anyone who is parting out his car over here), if possible we can chip in and buy it and then we can send it to the guy who works on this project. In this way he will be having full access all the time. Anyway I live in NorCal and I dunno how far this guy is located etc....
-Pavan.

Thats great if he can get access to a car it would come along faster. I still need a wiring diagram to send him......Guess all thats holding the project up now is the demand ..aka 9 other people.....i guess my timing is bad being close to the holidays and all.

If your car wont start info... http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...ighlight=click
Old 12-11-2006, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingElse
Thats great if he can get access to a car it would come along faster. I still need a wiring diagram to send him......Guess all thats holding the project up now is the demand ..aka 9 other people.....i guess my timing is bad being close to the holidays and all.
I can sign up for this... but I have alot other things on the car that needs serious attention before this one. So, I may be getting to this sometime next year... but for sure....

-Pavan.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:12 AM
Teh Geek

Send a message via ICQ to nsm484 Send a message via AIM to nsm484 Send a message via Yahoo to nsm484
Registered SVX
I am interested in this as well, with such a futuristic look of the svx, a good LCD Dash with todays parts would just be awsome

2002 Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally [Nori]

1996 LSi Polo Green [Calista] - 18" Konig Incident's - Lived for awhile Now Selling
1992 LSL Dark Teal [Yori] (Rear Ended, Donor to Calista, and now gone)
1992 LSL Ebony Mica (Sold to svxcuseme)
Old 12-11-2006, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nsm484
I am interested in this as well, with such a futuristic look of the svx, a good LCD Dash with todays parts would just be awsome
Is this a true LCD display setup or an instrument panel with seven segment display drivers... becos they both are totally different....

-Pavan.
Old 12-11-2006, 03:12 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Quote:
Would the diagram you need be here?:http://www.canardzone.com/members/Ph...references.htm
Old 12-16-2006, 06:39 PM
Killer of threads

Registered SVX
I would be interested if it was set up similar to the stock cluster but with the extra gauges added (maybe in the space above the gas and temp gauges). A digital analog read out would be nice also (digital MPH/RPM read out but with a digital "needle" pointing out the speed/rpm instead of the bars that light up). Just kinda throwing ideas out.

Dustin

1992 Ebony LS-L w/191k miles Mods: a few and acouple more

1995 Brilliant Red L/AWD w/154k miles Mods: Stebro catback exhaust, K&N drop in filter, ECUtune ST1v5, 4.44, lots of JDM goodies

1992 Pearly LS-L w/154k miles Sold Mods: 4.11, rust

2008 DGM Legacy spec.B w/245k miles Mods: Cryotune Stage3, VF52, bushings galore, STi pink springs, Bilstein HDs

My Locker

The only man alive who drives three "Subu SVS's".......according to my insurance company
Old 01-09-2007, 06:31 PM
word words wording

"Our LED displays are typically 7-segment LED displays, which is different from LCD."

"1. 25% ($100) Isn't required until project begins (dash requirements are defined and basic layout completed) We would decrease the deposit requirement with more than 10 units.
2. So, right now there's a 'dummy' light for trans temp? If that's the case, there's a sensor (switch) already on the car. For ease of installation, and if it's possible, it would be ideal to replace the temperature switch with a temperature sensor at the same location. First, we would have to make sure that removing the temperature switch doesn't effect any other car functions. Otherwise, we could provide the necessary hardware to add a new sensor somewhere else along the fluid line.
We will also need to consider space limitations on the instrument cluster face."

Ill ask for more support after april 15th

Old 01-09-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
"Our LED displays are typically 7-segment LED displays, which is different from LCD."

"1. 25% ($100) Isn't required until project begins (dash requirements are defined and basic layout completed) We would decrease the deposit requirement with more than 10 units.
2. So, right now there's a 'dummy' light for trans temp? If that's the case, there's a sensor (switch) already on the car. For ease of installation, and if it's possible, it would be ideal to replace the temperature switch with a temperature sensor at the same location. First, we would have to make sure that removing the temperature switch doesn't effect any other car functions. Otherwise, we could provide the necessary hardware to add a new sensor somewhere else along the fluid line.
We will also need to consider space limitations on the instrument cluster face."

Ill ask for more support after april 15th
Can't wait to see the final product.... hope its looks cool

-Pavan