Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-18-2006, 07:16 AM
Locker Link Solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by suvsareretarded
With the fogs on the SVX looks like a cheap 80s domestic car. Please leave them off for all SVXs, it'll help their image a bit.
Thats right, I don't like the appearance either. just use em if you have upgraded them and need them in the fog. they seem pretty ineffective otherwise.
In progess: track down mystery noise <-identified, paint the new dash, get better pic
Spring plans: Replace Trans - Integrate ECU with the carputer - Suspension - Go back to STI Filter - Paint? Maybe not - Next Oil change: Purolator L30165

Member #995 | My Locker | My New Locker

Catch you next at: ? Auto-X ?
Old 02-18-2006, 10:25 AM
Good morning!

Send a message via AIM to NapaBavarian Send a message via Yahoo to NapaBavarian
You knockin the '80's???
Return of the Pissed Platypus! X2
My dream (other than a pearlie)
1.8 SVXi and a laguna blue spoiler...somewhere
I decided to quit drinking, but I didn't like it so I quit not drinking.
Old 02-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
I've been pulled over for the fogs before. I've told the cop to go stand in front of my car and I've demostrated the fog light. Once he saw them, he let me go without any issue.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 02-18-2006, 11:30 AM
Inhabitant of Darkness

Registered SVX
pulled over.......
isn't that when you go back to the car and get your gun from the glove compartment?

I WISH!!
//////////////but wont happen...

anyways...i also dont agree that the fog lights are bright enough to be flashed at...but...we dont view it in the oncoming driver's position...unless there happens to be two svx's passing each other
1992 Subaru SVX LS~L Ebony Pearl JDM 6MT/DCCD
2007 Subaru Legacy Spec B. Diamond Grey Metallic
Old 02-18-2006, 11:49 AM
suvsareretarded

if anybody is flashing you its cuz of one of these reasons:

1. your headlights are off, and they aren't adjust properly
2. you removed the plate from your foglights
3. they're in a car lower than your svx
4. they hate saturns and mid 90s thunderbirds because they don't like domestic junk, so they think your car is a piece of crap and they're flashing you since they hate them and svxs look like them with their fogs on.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:55 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
With the fogs on the SVX looks like a cheap 80s domestic car. Please leave them off for all SVXs, it'll help their image a bit.
I use them at night here in areas where there are no street lights. They improve ground visibility quite a bit, and the roads here can be quite hazardous with terrain and wild animals popping out everywhere.

I completely disagree with what you think they do to the image. It's completely illogical.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.

Last edited by NikFu S.; 02-18-2006 at 01:01 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 11:59 AM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
SVX without the fogs wouldn't be an SVX. There's nothing wrong with them.
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 02-18-2006, 12:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manarius
SVX without the fogs wouldn't be an SVX. There's nothing wrong with them.
i agree, my friends know my car in the dark b/c of the distinctive look of the headlights and foglights (cat's eyes in their opinion) I dont remember the last time i turned them off.

I've been flashed twice once when i met a car at a top of a hill and once by some loser on a cell phone (it wasnt even dark! It was just raining and its the law to have both on in the rain if your car has fogs in my state!)

The only part of my car that looks 80's in the fake light in the grill. I hate it. Other that that its a rather futuristic looking car.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:15 PM
suvsareretarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikFu S.
I use them at night here in areas where there are no street lights. They improve ground visibility quite a bit, and the roads here can be quite hazardous with terrain and wild animals popping out everywhere.

I completely disagree with what you think they do to the image. It's completely illogical.
Actually it's quite logical. Both early to mid 90s Saturns and Ford Thunderbirds have headlight assemblies that have two points of light on each side, and they're kinda narrow together. the light is diffused through the early 90s fluting on the lense.. Hence, using hte foglights illuminutes the fluting on the lense and is slightly and it's close to the center of hte car. the projectors on the other hand, are highly concentrated points of light that only expensive imported cars have. if you use fogs, you're using the same lighting system as a saturn. or a thunderbird. or countless other pieces of crap.

My fogs USED to light up the sides a little bit, but I disaseembled my headlights, and cleaned the projectors. They were kinda hazy and dusty, even htough they looked fine from outside of hte car. Once I reinstalled, along with some higher wattege bubls for the projectors, the fogs are completley useless unless it's actually foggy. I've driven in a few other svsx where the fogs also do nothing, because hte projectors are so powerful and accurate.

Again, there must be something wrong with your headlights.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:16 PM
suvsareretarded

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
i agree, my friends know my car in the dark b/c of the distinctive look of the headlights and foglights (cat's eyes in their opinion)
Your friends must also think saturns and tbirds have a feline look. I think they look like crap.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:35 PM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Here we go. I use mine and I'm gonna keep using them because they DO help out at night time and I happen to like the way they look and I've NEVER been flashed. If you don't like them, don't look at my car IMHO.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:43 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX
Smile

Quote:
Your friends must also think saturns and tbirds have a feline look. I think they look like crap.
Please refrain from being so offensive.

I'll have to agree with the distinctiveness of the fog lights.

Saturns and Thunderbirds might be similar, but definitely are not the same looking as our cars at night from the headlights. I have had a Saturn for a short period of time and it was a decent little car. Cheap, and excellent on fuel, a great car for someone on a tight budget. I dont have enough experience with thunderbirds to pass judgement, but please be considerate of others when voicing your opinions.

Also, please have some regard for opinions of other members here on this board.

Thankya!

Edit: Budfreak got to it while i was posting. lol. Dont look at my fogs then. I use them 80% of the time I drive the SVXs.

Last edited by Mike621; 02-18-2006 at 02:46 PM.
Old 02-18-2006, 02:57 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Both early to mid 90s Saturns and Ford Thunderbirds have headlight assemblies that have two points of light on each side, and they're kinda narrow together.
The arrangement of lights the SVX uses was a commonality of the late 80s to early 90s.
It was popular at the time.
http://pscars.narod.ru/sportcar/r32sky.jpeg

Noone is gong to look at the SVX any differently with the fogs on then they would if they were off.

Old 02-18-2006, 05:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via MSN to DreamingOfSpeed Send a message via Yahoo to DreamingOfSpeed
Quote:
Actually, we had a super charged t-brid that was nice looking and rather fast so i dont mind if you lump it together with the SVX.

I dont really care what you think. You've been a member her for 3 days and have made several rude and unnecessary posts, if you were a member of a better run forum you'd have been banned already. Unfortunately this forum's mods dont get rid of ppl like you so we're stuck with you.

I'm with budfreak if you dont like it dont look at my girl b/c she always has them on.
Old 02-18-2006, 08:22 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamingOfSpeed
You've been a member her for 3 days and have made several rude and unnecessary posts, if you were a member of a better run forum you'd have been banned already. Unfortunately this forum's mods dont get rid of ppl like you so we're stuck with you.
In all fairness everyone is given a healthy chance here as it is not a fast paced, high yeild user board like the more popular ones.
If everyone were banned for acting foolish at times or ticking people off or whatever a lot of interesting people including myself would not be here now. (:

I think unless he's trolling about causing great grief on the boards there is no cause for concern.

Let us bend those whom might stray from teh path of righteous SVX ownership with our entrancing will and hold naught against prior juvenile commitee.
Ours is the way and the path is laid upon a gravel road illuminated by all Alcyone complements in concert. (;