Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-22-2005, 08:44 AM
Dont Drink and Drift

And i read that our transmissions are also in pathfinders??? hahahahaha
Old 11-22-2005, 09:00 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
Sure bro, id love to see a SVX guru work on my car. Would love to see your SVX as well. Ill be sure to get the fluid and the fuel filter replaced as well. let me know when youre free and I'll be more than glad to make the trek up to hang out and tune this thing up. I know its due for one because sometimes it surges under moderate acceleration, but of course WOT is still hair-raising :-D ive gotta get that rear driveshaft and new rear dif in this week as well.... time to experience AWD lol

Yeah Im fairly good with a wrench.... been working on Fords my whole life so trust me, plenty of broken parts haha.
Let me know if you can't get the spark plugs changed at your dad's place. Unfortunately, I don't have a heated garage to work in.

The fuel filter change is very easy and can be done in a 1/2 hour or less. Just loosen some clamps and pull some hoses off (they'll be kinda tricky to pull off, so use a pliers with a thick rag over the fuel line so the line doesn't get ruptured).

Good luck!

-Chike

P.S. If you enjoy driving, I'm organizing a meet at Capitol Raceway this Friday for a drag racing test-n-tune. All are invited. Meet thread is here:

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=28688

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 11-22-2005, 11:59 AM
Poor College Racer

Send a message via AIM to drivemusicnow
I must say... After seeing that picture of the crankshaft.. I have a whole new respect for the engineers who designed the EG33... Compare that to almost any stock crankshaft and you'll see what I'm talking about.

It looks like it's been knife edged and "lightened" stock.

97 Red SVX LSi clean
96 Black SVX LSi beater
90 Red Eclipse GSX track ho
99 Ford F250 work horse
My Locker
Old 11-23-2005, 02:53 PM

Superbly Engineered...

has been the consensus of every knowledgeable person I've discussed the EG33 engine with from airplane designers who love the Subie 6 as a powerplant because of the reliability to ECUTune's Longassname who told me what a "suberbly engineered" engine Subaru had wrought while telling me about the supercharging project. I was told only day before yesterday by a forum member that there are folks out there replacing Porsche engines in the older 911's (circa 1977-to the early eighties) with EG33s. A gentleman offering a complete 5 sp kit in our for sale section also pulls the engines out of SVXs so they can be installed in VW Vanagons ('80s up to '91 models). In my opinion, if the EG33 had a bit more displacement and produced 300 hp it'd be damn near perfect!
WGJ

Last edited by WGJ; 11-24-2005 at 01:48 PM.
Old 11-23-2005, 03:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxer6SVX
And i read that our transmissions are also in pathfinders??? hahahahaha
The 4EAT has been in plenty of cars. Subaru still use the 4EAT, although it has changed some. No, the Pathfinder doesn't use the exact same 4EAT, but the internals are very, very similar. The 4WD systems are totally different.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 11-23-2005, 05:46 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Pockets
The 4EAT has been in plenty of cars. Subaru still use the 4EAT, although it has changed some. No, the Pathfinder doesn't use the exact same 4EAT, but the internals are very, very similar. The 4WD systems are totally different.
The '90-'96 300ZX n/a & TT models also use a version of the 4EAT with the exact same internal gear ratios: 1st 2.785, 2nd 1.545, 3rd 1.000, 4th 0.694

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 11-23-2005, 06:54 PM
KCROGUEDOG

the svx has alot of simalarities to the nissans of its time. interoir parts and engine parts. i think subie and mrs nissan were in bed together a nine months before the svx was born. now happily devorced with lawsuits pending. and mines the red headed step child.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:20 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
For sure. Check out the steering wheel from a Maxima of that era.
Old 11-27-2005, 04:12 PM
pnyklr

good luck with the car ... theres a meet in jersey if you didnt hear about it in december