Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Should I get a sport bike or an '04 STi
Yamaha R6 or Suzuki GSX-R 600 9 30.00%
'04 STi 21 70.00%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11-24-2005, 03:06 AM
KCROGUEDOG

hold up check insurance first. u are 21 this could get expensive. then round out the payments insurance and gas per month. check for a second job (just kidding). wear bow bow pads. and if u do save money fix up the svx. if u dont and u break even u always have the option to save gas and have tons of fun with free wind. a bad azz bike and svx is a killer combo no pun entended. the svx is way to unqiue to get rid of. mine doesnt want to leave my hip. as for the stis my friend just bought a brand new one with the cool front end i have yet to ride in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rays car2.JPG (773.9 KB, 33 views)
Old 11-24-2005, 08:50 AM

STi and that's coming from a cert. bike mechanic(retired).

2004 Stage 3 XT Forester-Soon for sale!

2007 Jag S-type, just 17k on it!

Past prides: 1992 black LsL new off the lot.
1992 pearlie for a few months.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:14 PM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Get a bike..

Check to see where "medium" and "Heavy" bikes make the change in your area for insurance. ie engine size. You save a bundle if you stay out of the heavy bracket and many medium or even light bikes make tons of power.

I'd go with a tourer or a crusier and forget about racing it. A daily driver need way diff. needs than a dragster. Cornering and quick response to direction change come to mind. Big, flat bottom, wide drag tires don't cut it in traffic..

As for your risk to mortality on a bike... Statistically if you make it two years with out killing your self, you probbably won't. Riding a bike has a similarity to a computer. It's not if you will crash, it's when. And you will drop the bike.

Choises choises. 4 wheel flat six toy with 2 wheel toy, no other choice for me, except I had to get a flat six 2 wheeler.
2 wheel flat six
Old 11-24-2005, 05:11 PM
KCROGUEDOG

he said hyabusa
Old 11-24-2005, 05:46 PM
1995 Subaru SVX LSi Polo Green

Send a message via ICQ to Manarius Send a message via AIM to Manarius Send a message via MSN to Manarius Send a message via Yahoo to Manarius Send a message via Skype™ to Manarius
Registered SVX
My vote goes to a Ricer Bike if you're not going to get the STi or fix the SVX..(sorry I'm a minor ricer at heart).
(8/23/07-Present) 1995 Subaru SVX LSi (197k) Polo Green (#1102) 03/95
Mods: DDM Tuning 4500k 35w Low Beam HID, 100w H3 Bulbs, Extra Ground Cables, 15 minute $12.96 mod,
svxfiles designed transmission mount (), sporting a "new" tail light bar,
silver BBS rims, custom power steering cooler (one that doesn't dump ATF constantly), new negative lead cable, no more third or fourth gear
(1977-Present) 1977 Chevrolet Corvette (81k) Silver
(12/01/2011-Present) 2005 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited 5MT (97k)
I have a bad feeling about this.
-Obi Wan Kenobi
Old 11-24-2005, 11:31 PM

Personaly if you choose to get a bike I agree that a tourer/cruiser is a better option then a crotch rocket. Again if you want to race with a bike, get one that is dedicated for track use and not street riding.
Im not going to go into the whole accident debate, will just say if you choose to ride, be extra vigilant.
Old 11-24-2005, 11:51 PM
Jonesy

Riding a bike and driving a car are completely different. When I drive my SVX I love it, don't get me wrong, but my bike (2001 honda 929rr) when I ride it I feel free and way more in touch with my surroundings than when I am in a car. Just about anywhere in the world, if you are on a bike, people are gonna come up to you and ask you about your bike (and if you want to go for a cruise) the sportbike world in my opinion, is a very closely knit croud and are always willing to accept new enthusiasts.

Just be careful. When riding a bike, just remember that if you forget for one second the bike can kick your ass, it will. Thats my moto.

Anyway you choose... enjoy
Old 11-26-2005, 09:47 AM
After 200, it's all the same.

Here is where I am at.

I still owe $4,000 on the car. When I get my taxes back, I am dumping them into payments for the car. Idealy, I will hope to have the car paid for by March 10, one year from when I got it.

If I am under the right assumption, I can re-finance after a year, thus dropping monthly payments.

I think I will go ahead and get the bike. Not sure what bike I will commandeer, because there are a bunch of new bikes running through my head. I may hold off on getting the bike until late summer.

I will not be getting the STi. It snowed last night and I got to thinking that if I had an STi, before it started snowing, that I wouldn't have one after.

I went and played in the snow with my SVX, and now don't think I can get rid of her. We have already had way too many a good time together. Plus, like some of you mentioned, I could throw some money down into modding the SVX as well.

These are my plans. I will be taking extensive motorcycle courses. Not just the required "take the tests and unleash your self on the roads" tests.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER