Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Northwest Region

Old 03-30-2004, 11:59 AM
Dalamar

Vancouver Used Car Salesmen

Anyone have any good stories about being treated well by these people, went to check out my first of the local 6 or 7 for sale the other day, and the Quest Auto Group salesman was an idiot that didn't know anything about the car and pretended to, also got rather irritated by my friend because he though he was telling me what to ask, which he wasn't, then started being aggressive and asked me if i was gonna buy it, without even offering me a test drive.... uh huh.
Now this morning i was just called by a salesman at carter honda, after telling me that he needs to fill his quota for sales before the end of the month and i should come in to test drive this car(at least he got that one right) he asked when would be a good time today or tommorow, can understand that he wants to fill his quota, but he was really aggressive, then i asked him about the brake rotor and the ext. trans cooler, he dodged the questions and said something about how his instore mechanics(i dont trust dealerships that use there own mechanics as references) said it was in great condition. Also the add says the odometer says 999999 but i forgot to ask him about it, strikes me as odd though, is it just them admitting it has been rolled back or something.

Oh well im having a bad time with these guys already.... That ontario SVX is looking better and better......
Old 03-30-2004, 03:02 PM
Dalamar

OUCH, they are so pushy, called another one this afternoon, they always want me to come down RIGHT NOW. Even when im just asking pricing and such,

btw how much do used car lots usually come down in prices, right now the cars im looking at are outrageously overpriced 10k-12k cnd , what % do they usually come down, (first car) hopefully can get them down 30%-40% at least
Old 03-30-2004, 03:05 PM

when I bought my svx in Arlington Washington, I got them down about 35%. but then I've put about 4k into mine in 6 months
Old 03-30-2004, 03:23 PM

I would use Carfax reports to help guide my car buying decision. And when you find the car that has a clean report, have it properly inspected for all known SVX issues. This will give you foresight for future problems, and allow you time to save up for future repair bill. Happy hunting!.
Old 04-01-2004, 03:19 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Too pushy! From the sounds of it I would walk away from that one unless you can't find anything wrong with it.

How long have they had it? As with almost all trade-in SVX's in Canada the dealerships always lose money on them because they are hard to sell.
Old 04-15-2004, 09:28 AM
No front plate on My SVX

Send a message via MSN to CDG
Hey Dalamar, I went thru the same thing when I was looking, Can I recommend you stay away from these guys and try to locate a close-by seller.
Did Dan have something to your liking?

Current Ride, 1985 Honda Aero 80, stock 3024 klms
Old 04-15-2004, 11:06 AM
Dalamar

Naw, didn't get a hold of him (pm and email both got no response), tryed your # got your machine, it said you were busy in the office or something (mid lastweek) so i didn't bother leaving a message. Got offered a dirt cheap car from an uncle on the weekend, so i gotta take that, but i think ill pick up an svx with a blown transmission and change it out, heh I hope

So its all good anyways, and yeah used car salesmen around here are punks.

Buysell just put an svx up this week for 6300, arg!

Last edited by Dalamar; 04-15-2004 at 11:39 AM.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:25 PM
No front plate on My SVX

There are/will be several from nearby, and if you're interested in a Pearlie, I think Ensteele may have one up for sale.

We will see how quickly Earl replies.
fyi, my comments above are pure speculation, maybe he does need 6 SVX's

Old 04-15-2004, 05:30 PM
Tim-H

Who doesn't need 6? Just one more and he'll have one for every day of the week.
Old 04-17-2004, 08:35 PM
Dalamar

How much you guys think i could get a decent svx with a blown tranny around here for?
Old 04-18-2004, 06:39 PM
No front plate on My SVX

I haven't seen any, but I haven't been looking.