SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-07-2005, 02:26 AM
fraz

Wiring info needed-fuel pump modulator

Hi, this is my first post here i think.

Im from New Zealand and im helping my mate build one of those fan boats using a 3.3 boxer.

The engine we are using has a bit of history. It was run in a speedway car in a limited class with a carb and distributer, but it went too well and they changed the rules to only allow 2 valve engines which banned us.

A while ago i found the wiring diagrams through this website and last weekend we hooked the the original loom and ecu and got it running.
I bridged the pins on the auto plug to make it think it was in park, connected 12v to the main relay/fuel pump relay/and the wire that feeds the fuel pump coil- fuse 16.

It eventually started but with some problems. I probed the ecu a bit with my multimeter and found some more wiring info which indicated i needed to feed 12v permanent to pin15 on the B59 connector of the ecu.
I did this but we are still having start problems. It is something to do with the fuel supply as we are running a non subary pump with no modulator. To start it, you have to disconnect the fuel pump until it fires then reconnect it.

I have tracked down a modulator and svx pump, but i dont have the resistor that goes with it.
What i need to know is the resistance of the resistor. If somebody could tell me i would greatly appreciate it. Or If somebody could let me know wher to find it on the car so i can go to the wreckers and get it myself

cheers
Fraz

oh yea, heres some pics

Last edited by fraz; 01-07-2005 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-07-2005, 08:08 AM
There's a storm coming.

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Welcome to the Network!
The fuel pump modulator and resistor are in the trunk
between the speakers.
I just put some pictures of them in my locker in the fuel pump modulator and resistor folder.

Hope this helps. Tom
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 01-07-2005, 08:16 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
you have a Carburetor on that 3.3 ?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 01-07-2005, 01:16 PM
fraz

Thanks alot svxfiles! i will go back to the wreckers next week.

Silverspear, It is on efi now, but when we raced it, it was in a limited class up to 240cu or 4L, any 2 barrel carb, 40mm restrictor place between carb and manifold, 10.0:1 compression, 0.5 max lift.

We ran a stock motor, just machined out the rocker cover on the left head so we could drive a 6cyl dristributer off the end of the cam, and made a new intake manifold to fit the carb. We also made adjustable cam pulleys and vernier gears for inside the head to alter the cam timing.

We had around 230-240hp and the flattest torque curve you ever seen. Most of the other engines wer inline 6 4L or old ford and chev 4L v8 and they could not rev as hard as the sooby because of the increased displacement. And they didnt like it that we used a stock $1800 motor and they spent upwards of 5-10k on engine work and got less hp so they changed the rules

Ill get some pics of the carb and manifold next time im at the workshop.