IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 01-29-2004, 04:40 PM
rperry03

I guess the question is...

How is the wheel broke?
Old 01-29-2004, 04:51 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I've had the tone wheel welded on mine. The (ex) dealership that replaced the wheel bearing said it was cracked and will break soon. It's been fine (as far as I can tell) ever since.
Old 01-29-2004, 09:47 PM

Have we found a cure to Sputnik's problem yet? I don't know if you guys recall, but I had problems with my CV's not to long ago.

http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...threadid=14485

I thought it was both, but it turns out it was only the driver's. I had it replaced, and the VERY SAME DAY (like 5 minutes after), I noticed for the first time that my car was vibrating an awfull lot (even the steering wheel was shaking!) when the car was loaded, and this only around 2000 rpm. If I put it in neutral or at park, the vibration goes away, but as soon as I re-engage the tranny in drive, it does it again. This added up to the recent annoying beep I get when I start the car really takes the whole fun of driving an SVX away. It is so annoying that I put the car in neutral at every stop light. I'Ve been driving like this since I had the CV replaced... so maybe like 2 months now.

Just like you guys, I thought this had nothing to do with the CV since the car isn't moving, but I find if awfully odd that someone has the same problem after having fixed his CVs.
Old 01-30-2004, 11:21 AM

I acctually picked up a funny vibrations to recently after having my driver side axle changed...i just always convinced myself it was the road....also shakes when moving....very small vibration.
Old 01-31-2004, 02:15 AM
sputnik

"I thought it was both, but it turns out it was only the driver's. I had it replaced, and the VERY SAME DAY (like 5 minutes after), I noticed for the first time that my car was vibrating an awfull lot (even the steering wheel was shaking!) when the car was loaded, and this only around 2000 rpm. If I put it in neutral or at park, the vibration goes away, but as soon as I re-engage the tranny in drive, it does it again. This added up to the recent annoying beep I get when I start the car really takes the whole fun of driving an SVX away. It is so annoying that I put the car in neutral at every stop light. I'Ve been driving like this since I had the CV replaced... so maybe like 2 months now."

you're right on, same exact problem here. but whether its the cv's themselves or something else the mechanic tampers with during the installation (i have no idea what they need to mess with to get the cv's out and in), has yet to be determined.

anyone know a good sooby mechanic near daytona beach?

-mike
Old 02-01-2004, 11:53 AM
svxeno

Mike,

Did you try the "Shop Search" link? Upper left hand side of the page.

Randy ii