Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2004, 05:24 PM
rookie

Broken Auto Tranny

The automatic transmission on my 92 SVX is shot. Has anyone had any success going to Subaru to help get the repairs done??

Anyone in Colorado have recommendations for a shop to do this, I know I could just convert it or swap in a rebuilt tranny but I won't have the time till summer at the earliest and even then its a toss up.

Trying to keep the tranny work under $1,250.00 if possible, $2,000.00 budget for transmission, hoses, belts, fluids, possible radiator (its been sitting for a couple years), new tires, and possibly windshield if money is left.

Thanks.
Old 01-13-2004, 05:42 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Zeppelin Send a message via AIM to Zeppelin Send a message via Yahoo to Zeppelin
Where in CO are you? If you take it to a Suby dealer, they'll just want to swap it out with a reman'd.. For $2000, you'd be pretty close to getting a 5spd swapped in. Depending on what's wrong with the auto tranny, you might be able to fix it for $1250..

http://stickyvinylgraphics.com/
Old 01-13-2004, 05:44 PM
rookie

I go to school in Boulder

but the car is currently in Centennial. Its going to be my girlfriends I just don't have the time to do the tranny myself right now....
Old 01-14-2004, 04:22 AM
Sue isn't really striped

I hate to say it, but I'd be surprised if you can do all or most of the repairs you want in under 2,000, unless you do end up doing the tranny yourself. If you're doing the tranny, you better have one grateful GF.
Old 01-14-2004, 07:19 AM
Green1995SVX

A couple of things-

First, welcome to the SVX Network! I'm sure you'll have a good time around here.

Secondly, posts which have questions of a technical nature go in the "Technical Q & A" section. (Hence the name.) Additionally, there is a search button up at the top of every page ^^. You can use this function to search for answers to questions before you ask them. That way people around here dont end up answering the same questions 200 times.

Mike