SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Where is Nate?

Ok, I can see that you have edited your reply quite extensively Nate.
I am going to reply to what you said below and then some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1986nate View Post

Basic and simplified rundown of the type of BS and dealing with Danny's selfish, self righteous thought process and how he tries to take advantage of situations. This is exactly quoted as I typed out to Chris Townsend, founder, etc of this forum upon his inquiry a little while back.
If you say I am selfish and whatnot, yes you are right. You remember when you first joined the forum and you were living in your parent's home and buying broken down SVXi and have them fixed and flipped at a profit to survive? You remember when you had the plum colored SVX which got stuck with you for a while without being able to flip it? You were running in tough times back then... I started asking you for parts and paying for them (suede pieces off SVXi, lights, miscellaneous trim pieces), instead of purchasing off other sellers just to help you get by... this is how selfish I was.

Quote:
Seriously, international fraud he's calling it now?
Alright, so this all starts back about 5/6 years ago now, I'm trying to remember but will have to go in and go over the messages I think I still have.
Danny asks if I'll pick up a Mercedes from NYC and take it to port in NJ. I say sure, this amount. Okay. Then he's wanting me to do maintenance on the car to make sure it is able to drive up onto the ship or he incurs an extra fee. I say I'll do my best. He orders some parts/has me order some to take along on my trip. I say okay, but that's going to be more because now I've gotta tow it down further as I was staying with friends in southern jersey and also for whatever work I have to do. Starts *****ing about extra costs. So I just say fine, whatever. Think he agrees to send a bit more, I forget. Meanwhile, some of the extra parts he wants tucked in the car, certain things placed here and there because supposedly stuff gets stolen once overseas and this other stuff.
This is just a basis to realize how much of a ***** (mostly looking back) it is dealing with him. He expects everything for nothing. I also saw mention in the John Hoffman forwarded email about Danny saying **** about me starting or some other BS which is literally BS and I think there was other stuff that was either lies or made up. In any case, continuing on.
Just to refresh your memory again, the seller of the Mercedes asked me if I wanted transportation to the NJ port. I thought to ask you Nate for this service, at least the funds will go to you instead of "a stranger". You accepted and as you said above, this amount, I never argued. For the maintenance, I believe I asked you to put fresh spark plugs, which is a 5 minute job on such an engine. Big deal. I asked you about the parts to pick up while on your way, you said okay, asked for additional funds, which I paid.
Then there was the glass thing. Since it is a large item and there is a high risk in shipping it overseas, thought to call a glass company and have it replaced before shipping the car. I did the calls myself from overseas and asked them to pass by and replace it at the location you were in. Everything got paid for, so?

We are not done here my friend. I paid you for your services to get the car inside the port, correct? I specifically asked you to call the port and inquire about all paperwork and process needed to get it inside and to be shipped over to me. You never called the port, or inquire about the paperwork needed or anything of the sort.

You went there, found out that some paperwork was missing and left the car outside the port gate on the side of the road and you had the nerve to txt me asking for payment for the service that you have done and that the car is safe inside the Port. I did immediately pay thinking that everything is OK, and because of the time difference, had to wait till the next day to know that the car was never there!!! I nearly died of heart attack and kept calling and calling the Port officials until one of them truely got into his car and kept driving around until he found it, and it was just in the nick of time! Look at this:

You just left it there, and I had to pay an extra $250 for the guy who found it as a reward and towing it inside and another $100 or so for overnight DHL to send the missing documents.

Quote:
He asks if he can send "a couple of parts" for me to ship over when he's ready in addition to the few things that I didn't tuck/hide in the car that got shipped over. No problem. Well, a couple things turns into boxes upon boxes showing up at my parents house (where I was living before moving to PA) while I'm out on trips working on svxes and whatnot. I say, what the hell? And he starts getting pissy. You said, a couple parts, I now have a roomful of boxes of parts.
I was asking you all the time if this is annoying for you correct? Have you ever expressed any anger from this? You definitely said "no problem" "send whatever you want"... isn't it? Show us otherwise!

Quote:
So then on one of my last big trips before moving was when I worked out with Mike moving to PA and all of that. I get back to Wisconsin maybe middle of December 2011 I believe it was and Danny is wanting me to ship his parts. I mention I am moving, I don't have time, because he is wanting stuff boxed and packaged a certain way but yet, not willing to pay me for any time if storage or anything. So I move to PA, having to leave a lot of stuff behind as I'll slowly move stuff but need necessities at first. Again, he's pissy about this. So finally a few months go buy and I've been able to get most of his stuff to PA, and yeah, I can box it up and ship it off. He gives me an address, whatever. Box it up, take it to FedEx, and ship it. It's like 5 good size moving boxes. Tell him the cost and that I boxed things up as secure and safely as I could using the boxes I have in hand. (Again, he doesn't want to pay for boxes so I'm not going to go out and get some) tell him the total cost and he's *****ing about the shipping price, then *****ing because I want something for my time. So I told him to go screw himself then. Meanwhile, when I told him to stop sending stuff months before, he apparently started sending stuff to Nathaniel Robison (wickedjuggalo on the forum) who can also attest to him not wanting to compensate and *****ing about every cost.
Haha, what you said above is hilarious man. The only thing which is true is your move to Philly and not having time back then. You never told me to screw myself (will prove it down the conversation).
As for shipping to you and Nathaniel, why don't you live outside the US and try to order different parts from different vendors and have them shipped directly overseas. Each item will cost between 60 and 100$ in shipping. Wouldn't you do the same if you can? Anyways things are settled with Nathaniel.

Quote:
Anyway, turns out I ended up having a few parts left in Wisconsin that I overlooked/missed/whatever. So after things cool down and I let him know I still have a few things as it turns out. He then informs me he lost his job, had to move back, the economy is bad, blah blah. Hell let me know when to ship them. That was 3 years ago. In March, I said no problem on shipping or whenever it was as he contacted me again. No word at all until the end of October. Sends me an email, then again within a few days on my birthday Nov 1 while now spamming my Facebook with messages. Meanwhile, I'm not even home where the parts are (I've been home all of maybe 3 days over the last two months) and not to mention, extremely busy working on stuff all over the place. Figure I'll respond when I have a chance after the first couple emails and before he starts spamming the **** out of Facebook. From there, it goes to him spamming my Facebook, adding my brother and spamming him with messages and spamming who knows how many other people in every possible way, not to mention getting downright rude in his messages to me. So I block Facebook messages from him.
So when you don't answer and I keep asking, it is spamming right? If your intentions were good, you could have said: Danny I am nowhere near your parts, they are in Honolulu and I am in Canada... whatever... right?

Below will show the last conversation between us on facebook and then... my spams... LOL

Our last real conversation (would there be a screw you there? Nop)

Quote:
From a legal standpoint, I could throw the stuff in the garbage years ago. Or could charge him whatever amount of money for storage fees. I was planning on responding to him following Christmas as I'll finally have some time to relax. But at this point I really don't care. Which is exactly why u am waiting until I have a fresh mind and not just completely pissed off/aggravated to try and keep a cool head but he's made it increasingly hard to do so.
Not that it holds much water, but Mike Davis can attest to how aggravated I was with dealing with Danny as the initial shipping of items was when I had lived in his spare room upon first moving and getting on my...
You are still following excuses Nate. Revert back again to our conversation above, does "No problem Danny!" give the impression that you were aggravated with me?

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 03-24-2016 at 03:02 PM.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:44 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess View Post
Received an SMS text message on my iphone from an unfamiliar number

Said Type in "Nate Gustafson Wisconsin" into Google. Is this him?

Immediately followed by a second text with this link

http://gaygamer.net/2008/01/kmart_ga...ef_busted.html

Article originally published in the Sheboygan Press.

Was an 814 area code with a 732 exchange. This is around Edinboro, PA. I know no one up there.

While my email address is part of my signature, not many on the network here have my phone. And those who do show up as a contact. Either way this is disturbing if true.

I assume my parts are gone then. As I suspected lol...

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 03-26-2016, 04:30 PM
soup IS good food

Registered SVX

I actually saw that link a while ago. Someone posted it in one of the Facebook groups. I was content to overlook it and give the guy the benefit of the doubt. If it was Nate (age and locale seems right bvut that might be a common name up there), he was 21 at the time and people can make mistakes, especially when young. I was even willing to overlook the sloppy work putting the car back together and the 18 month time frame.

What I couldn't get past was the disconnect between him telling me "your engine is back out and at the machine shop," and the car showing up 10 months later with a different engine. Especially with the noises the new engine makes. I even gave Nate the opportunity to speak with my mechanic to determine whether there was something that my mechanic was misinterpreting with the engine noises. The only response I got was that he was not going to warranty his work because I hadn't paid in full. "Warranty his work?" I am not sure wanting a resolution for a car that shows up in worse condition than I gave it to him in falls into the realm of a warranty.

Nate did offer a '97 engine out of a car that he has that has a "recent" headgasket job. I was hesitant to take him up on that offer because after the issues previously mentioned I wasn't sure I could trust him regarding the history of the engine and would be out another $1000 if I had someone swap this engine in and it turned out to be bad. I obviously am not going to allow Nate to do the swap. It doesn't really matter because, after making the offer, Nate hasn't responded to a single email - I've sent 2 or 3- and has unfriended me on facebook so his offer seems to have disappeared.

If I am in the wrong here, somebody please point out where. I think I have been more than fair and accommodating. I have a car that I have driven two days in the past two years, I've paid more in insurance and other incidentals than the original head gasket repair should have cost (including the reseal kit and a $1500 prepayment to Nate so he wouldn't have to lay out money for parts). My mechanic tells me that even when I get it running, I'd better not drive it out of my AAA towing range because the engine could die at any time. I don't want to sue the guy, but it really seems to be the only option I have left. Also, as I mentioned, I wasn't going to bring it up here or on Facebook. I wanted to give him the opportunity to make good. Since he mentioned my name I felt it necessary to respond along with supporting other who have had negative interactions with him.

I am still willing to allow him to make good but I need to hear from him, so if anyone who is friends with him, please let me know. I have a letter prepared and will be sending off to him within a few days. It would have gone out a few weeks ago, but I held it up when he made the engine offer.

I apologize for ranting. I really liked my car. I drove it nearly 100,000 miles in the first two years that I owned it. I though I was doing the right thing by giving the job to Nate and agreeing to his prices without hesitation. It seemed to support allowing him to make a living doing what he wanted to do. I even paid his full asking price for a beat up 1993 (as well as his asking price on parts to keep it on the road) that I intended to use for a couple of months while he worked on my 1997. [I'll stop ranting now]

Andrew
'89 XT6
'08 Impreza
'18 Crosstrek

Totaled
'98 LGT ~180K
'97 OBW ~185k
'93 SVX Less Reddish

Sold
'89 XT6
'04 VDC Sedan

Parts
'89 XT6
'96 SVX
Old 03-29-2016, 11:38 PM
#lolsvx

Registered SVX

Quote:
...especially having a few people screw me over including Andrew Goldstein, David Caron and his buddy Derek
Yeah, since my name has been brought up, I think I'd like to take a shot at this. Most of this was between Nate and Derek. Derek received an SVX from him with a parts car as a package deal. My parents were coming into town from a cross country move with all of their furniture since I have a big garage, and I was going to store it. After we stripped the parts car of what we wanted, we asked Nate if he wanted anything else. He got extremely confrontational, and demanded that we hold up "our end of the deal" by pulling the motor and wiring harness and ECU, bringing it to him up in Erie along with some other parts that WE had to pull, and then he would "allow" us to scrap the parts car that Derek had bought. When we told him that wasn't the original agreement and the car needed to be gone, he threatened me, saying that any repairs will now cost 2x the original amount, blocked me on facebook and deleted me from the SVX network. Twice.

TL;DR: Nate is now charging me twice what he would charge anyone else for repairs, blocking me on facebook and deleting me more than once from the SVX network because I refused to store a parts car at my house for him for an indefinite time period.

That's not how you do business. I've never had a problem with Nate until now. Don't know what the **** happened, but it's not cool.
STi Airlift Performance air suspension
2005 WRX manual swap
Rear wheel drive
K-Staff front bumper
Delta Speed side skirts
JDM clear corners
Smallcar grille
Subaru XT steering wheel
Subaru XT shift knob

First bagged SVX in the world
Worlds first SVX on air suspension.
Custom made (by myself) spare tire subwoofer.
Old 03-31-2016, 05:42 AM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX

I have had many requests to close this thread. I will do that and will also post a warning about dealing with him in the future. I am sorry that it has come to this.

I have also posted in the "Buyer Beware Thread" here.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19

Last edited by ensteele; 04-03-2016 at 01:02 PM.
Closed Thread