Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 15th Anniversary Meet

Old 08-22-2006, 08:03 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by svxcess
I am seriously thinking about starting a poll to see when people want this meet to be held and for how long, and the odds that it will happen. It may look something like this:

What month would you like the meet to be held?
.......[COLOR]June
.......July
.......August
.......September

How many days would you like the meet to be?
.......1-2 days
.......3-4 days

What do you think the odds are that the meet will actually happen?
.......75%-100%
.......50%-75%
.......25%-50%
.......less than 25%
.......It ain't gonna happen!... just shoot for the 20th Anniversary instead.

Don't make me do this, fellas. September is almost upon us, so thats only 9 months until June starts.
John,

I have deliberately stayed out of this because I think the odds of Tom and me making it to the 15th Anniversary Meet are slim to none. However, my opinions are as follows:

I think early- to mid-June would be relatively cool (temperature-wise) if you are having it in Lafayette.

I think 4-5 days would be sufficient, say June 13th or 14th thru the 17th. All the kids will be out of school by then and there aren't any major events or holidays close to those dates. And that gives you a couple of choices for weekdays to take the tour of the plant.

As far as whether or not it will actually happen, judging from the level of participation so far, I would say somewhere between 25% and 0%.

Just my $.02, for what it's worth.

BTW, I did some research on hotels in the area of the Plant. There is a nice Best Western relatively close by with a dining room on the premises as well as Banquet/Meeting facilities. Group rates are available (to meeting planners) for as low as $79.00 per night, double occupancy.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint

Last edited by green_eyed_lady; 08-22-2006 at 08:13 AM.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Diana,

That's close to my sentiments. Once the kids are out of school and before it gets too hot. 3-4 days seemed about right.

But part of your opinion quoted below is the mindset that I currently have, but wish I didn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady
As far as whether or not it will actually happen, judging from the level of participation so far, I would say somewhere between 25% and 0%.
I'm willing to bet money on it...

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Old 08-22-2006, 02:16 PM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
You guys just expect to much from a meet...
I'm happy to just have some other SVX owners to hang out with for a few days, and bench race some.....I don't need no fancy dinners, nor any "Awards", just hanging out with like minded enthusist...

I think no one want to head it up, due to so many expectations of what they'd have to do...

I say, pick out a motel, and set up a cookout for the Sat. night dinner...hambergers and hot dogs, and chips....and I'm happy..

Just my thoughts...
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 08-22-2006, 02:32 PM
I have a problem. :(

Send a message via AIM to shelfy Send a message via Yahoo to shelfy
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369
I'm happy to just have some other SVX owners to hang out with for a few days, and bench race some.....I don't need no fancy dinners, nor any "Awards", just hanging out with like minded enthusist...

I think no one want to head it up, due to so many expectations of what they'd have to do...

I say, pick out a motel, and set up a cookout for the Sat. night dinner...hambergers and hot dogs, and chips....and I'm happy..

Just my thoughts...
agreed!

1997 Subaru SVX LSi "Svetlana" #185 of 640 - 09/1996 - Polo Green Pearl - 34k miles

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Everett" #8738 - 01/1992 - Ebony Pearl - 139k miles - 5MT shifty - Sold 07/31/2011

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L "Sven" #1599 - 05/1991 - Claret - 168k miles - Traded 05/11/2005

2023 Subaru Crosstrek Limited CVT - Crystal White Pearl - 2.8k miles
2021 Subaru Forester 2.5i Limited CVT - Horizon Blue Pearl - 17k miles
2023 Volkswagen Jetta S 6MT - Pure White - 2.6k miles
2020 Hyundai Ioniq Limited EV - Ceramic White - 30k miles
Old 08-22-2006, 03:14 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by huck369

Just my thoughts...
I agree, but we need a place to hang out, and that needs to be arranged. (Or at least researched.)
Those who are driving any distance need a place to stay -- if we all want to stay at the same place (and get a better rate), that needs to be arranged.
It's wonderful that some of us are willing to drive for 6 hours and sleep in our cars just to see other SVX owners, but unless there are some solid plans, it will not be much of a gathering, I'm afraid. And hanging out in a parking lot gets old pretty quick. That's ok for a mini-meet, but not an Anniversary Meet.

1992 Liquid Silver LSL, >230K -- "Silver Bullet" // dimpled/slotted rotors, SS brakes lines, 5000K HID headlights // TRI-TONE paint
Old 08-22-2006, 08:49 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_eyed_lady
I agree, but we need a place to hang out, and that needs to be arranged. (Or at least researched.)
Those who are driving any distance need a place to stay -- if we all want to stay at the same place (and get a better rate), that needs to be arranged.
It's wonderful that some of us are willing to drive for 6 hours and sleep in our cars just to see other SVX owners, but unless there are some solid plans, it will not be much of a gathering, I'm afraid. And hanging out in a parking lot gets old pretty quick. That's ok for a mini-meet, but not an Anniversary Meet.
Only 6 hours?? That's my complaint...sorry, but I have to say it. Having it in Lafayette really excludes a lot of people who are major members of the group. It excludes us because we can't take vacation from one week to the next. Which means that we can leave at mid-afternoon Friday and kill ourselves to get there before everything's over on Saturday. I have to still voice my opinion that it needs to be more centralized. Especially if you're trying to get the whole contingent and not just one geographical area represented. Remember, only 3 people (2 cars) from CO at the 10th... and I think the only one who came from farther west was Earl and that was because he flew out to drive a car back (his 1st! ).

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 08-22-2006, 11:33 PM
Maniac modifier

I have stayed out of this for good reason. I don't care where it is. ****, it can be in San Diego and I will be there... I hope. I will go where the meet is because it is something I would love to attend and be a part of. I hope we can find a centralized location that allows for people from all over to attend

Tom
Old 08-23-2006, 05:25 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx
Only 6 hours?? That's my complaint...sorry, but I have to say it. Having it in Lafayette really excludes a lot of people who are major members of the group. It excludes us because we can't take vacation from one week to the next. Which means that we can leave at mid-afternoon Friday and kill ourselves to get there before everything's over on Saturday. I have to still voice my opinion that it needs to be more centralized. Especially if you're trying to get the whole contingent and not just one geographical area represented. Remember, only 3 people (2 cars) from CO at the 10th... and I think the only one who came from farther west was Earl and that was because he flew out to drive a car back (his 1st! ).
I understand what Michelle is saying, as I've been at the same job for 12 years, and still only get 5 vacation days a year....which I never get to use consecutively...so 2 days off from work is about the best I can swing, so a 4 day weekend is the best I can do
If the meet is more than about 10 hours from me I just won’t be able to go.

As for more centralized…that’s fine with me, but if you want a big turnout, the biggest population of SVX’s seem to be in the north east…so going too far west will really cut into the turnout.

I’m not trying to argue it either way, just stating some points as I see them.

No matter where it is, it is going to be inconvenient to someone.
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 09-01-2006, 06:49 PM
FLATT racing div.

Registered SVX
My wife (yes she is a svx freak) is the assistant manager at the quality Inn we have worked at for about 5 yrs now.

If anyone who is officially in charge can let me know dates and a location and expected amount of people for the event I will have her make some calls and set up the best call-in group reservation possible.(this is where a certain amount of rooms are blocked for a group to call in. Every one wanting to go calls in and reserves thier room(s) within the group by a certain cut off date when all rooms not picked up will be released). This early we may be able to get the whole group in one location(and a great price if the group is large enough,25 rooms+ =big group discount ). If interested in our help someone must let me know ASAP! the sooner the better!

former:
1991 4wd XT6 5sp. (SUBDUED)
Old 09-04-2006, 02:54 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
This is exactly the same type of reservation setup I have been using for years when negotiating rooms for the Reading meets. Reading is very easy as the hotel has already been decided upon (hence we get a returning customer discount over their best price), ther duration of the meet is always the same, and the dates are within a week of each other.

With the 15th Anniversary, there are still to many variables, all of them uncertain. How can you begin to coordinate and research any sort of room reservation without a month (let alone a specific set of dates) to choose from. Hell, even the preferred location is still not universally agreed upon.

Lots of talk, much input, but no decisions or action as of yet. Someone just has to start this ball rolling soon! Based on what I have seen so far, I am still giving this meet 0-25% odds
of actually happening

but...

Reading is, and always will be, a no-brainer. Folks will continue to show up at the Morgantown Holiday Inn on one of two weekends in April, even if a formal reservation contract is not in place. The contract for 2007 has already been negotiated, signed and waiting for reservations.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 09-04-2006 at 03:45 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:31 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Quote:
Originally Posted by thndrmtn92svx
and I think the only one who came from farther west was Earl and that was because he flew out to drive a car back (his 1st! ).
Nope, it was his second one.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 09-06-2006, 07:40 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to techfan
sxysuby (94 Pearly) wants to be there...

I'd sure like to think a meet can happen. We were at the last one in Lafayette and although the town has the charm of a broom closet, SIA went out of their way to welcome us: plant tour, lunch, the unveiling of the Baja (an answer to a question nobody asked). Who knows what they might show off in 2007?
Old 09-08-2006, 09:22 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Quote:
Originally Posted by ensteele
Nope, it was his second one.
I stand (sit) corrected!

And we won't be at the 15th if there is one. We have already made our vacation plans for next year.

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 09-08-2006, 11:02 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
I will see where it is and when, and then see if I can attend. I would love to be there again.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 09-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Banned
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Budfreak
Just like Tomsvx said, I don't care when it is because I will be there. Just plan it and they will come.

I vote for the Illinois location for the Subaru plant and the fact most of the SVXer's are on the east coast. Other than that though, I don't care. I'll be there.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: