SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-21-2006, 08:26 AM

Send a message via AIM to want-a-fast-svx
Pretty sure the engine is toast...

So i went to go play some pool last night and the car really had no power at all down low..Less than normal seeing as i 've been battling a problem with this pretty much since the 5spd swap i figured it would clear up well after a 1/2 mile or so it was still just bogging and running like absolute crap. Then that dreaded sound of knock in the engine. I dont mean knock like pre-ignition or detonation. I mean like a rod or something. I'm assuming the main bearing on the crank finally gave out completely i guess cause it was then knowcking at idle and under acceleration. Im gonna look at it some today and check the oil for metal pieces and all that good stuff. Looks like you just cant trust anyone you buy stuff from unless you are the one who had the engine before Needless to say i wont be buying an engine off anyone and will be rebuilding this once i save some money and have somewhere to do it at...Definitely pissed right now. Thats two engines so far and this latest one "supposedly" had 50xxx miles on it aproximately. I hardly believe that given its condition. Well just thought i'd let yall know. Oh yea and i might have put a total of 5000miles on this engine since the swap.