Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Other Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2005, 03:41 PM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Thumbs up My Copper Intake Mod

Finally, my idea became a reality and i successfully built this intake system out of copper for our SVX. I chose copper because it is the best coolant a metal can get.

Installing it as it is in the SVX? Naaaaaaaaaaaaaa, it needs an isolator. for that i chose Amiante as the isolator (you can see it on pic Step 7 and 9). But this small piece isn't the one i am gonna put, i'd rather go the thickest possible and wrap everything up with a rubber tape, on one side it holds all the system together and on the other side it acts too as an isolator.

(PS: Amiante was banned from most countries because it is never healthy and may cause lug diseases, but it is one of the best isolators in the world... Unfortunately it is still being used over here with no governmental supervision )

Also i should add that the whole system has 2 computer fans inside it to keep it as cool as possible.

One more thing, this is phase 1 of the project, the major part is still to come... STILL TOP SECRET FOR NOW it will be done most probably by next thursday.

Njoy the Pics: http://www.subaru-svx.net/photos/user.php?SilverSpear|30255

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.