Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2004, 05:18 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Can't you guys just kill this whole debate? Personally I don't think that street racing threads should be closed BUT it's not my choice. I don't have the power to close one and I don't have the power to unclose one. Complaining is not going to accomplish anything execept making you look like an *ss...so stop your b*tching. Stupid arguements like this are the very reason that the forum is "going downhill."

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-03-2004, 11:35 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Yeah i agree. I am not in favor of closing street racing posts or threads but then again im not an administrator. I dont see the problem in posting things about street racing but you as an administrator have a job to do and you are doing it. I think we should all just let it go being that everyone is obviously standing their ground. It is true this is privatley owned so we should all abide by the rules. And since street racing isnt aloud on the forum I simply wont post anything about it. We should all just stop our Bit***n and move on. Lets not keep beating a dead horse or sound like a broken record. My brother has a site like this with a forum and everything. His site has about 500 members or so. Its a religious site, my brother is a preist. He was telling me how difficult it is to have and manage a site like this. After talking to him i realized how difficult it might be. This is Chris' site and he is putting up the money for it so we should all just abide by the rules. The way i look at it we are all lucky to even have a forum like this to be posting on in the first place. Without this forum i would be lost and probably in a lot of debt because I would have been ripped off of alot of mechanics for crap i dont need. So to me this is a dead issue.

- Tom

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-03-2004, 12:32 PM

*CLEAR*!!!

ZZZzzzAp!

-------------------------------------------

flat line...sorry guys...it is dead

now lets sing together!

everybody was kung fu fighting!

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:36 PM
SVX Appeal

Wouldn't it be nice if we lived in a free society? ...okay, back to reality now. A true democracy is much like two wolves and a lamb trying to decide what to have for dinner.
Old 07-03-2004, 03:30 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
*CLEAR*!!!

ZZZzzzAp!

-------------------------------------------

flat line...sorry guys...it is dead

now lets sing together!

Kelli

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network
Old 07-03-2004, 08:22 PM
Sue isn't really striped

My aching ears! I liked listening to the arguing (discussion?) better.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:39 PM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
[B
[/B]
{stereotypical chinese music here}

Those kicks were fast as lightning!

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 07-03-2004, 10:18 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by UberRoo
A true democracy is much like two wolves and a lamb trying to decide what to have for dinner.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-03-2004, 11:06 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Don't tell me what I look like cause I could care less. I apologize if i'm the only person here who isn't interested in being herded like the rest of the people in this country on a daily basis. I've said before street racing is not the issue here. The same bull**** that has our society walking on glass in everything we do because of the greedy lawyers and politicians is the issue. Here, it started the same way. First, censorship (which in this application, I was fully supportive of), then "guidelines", now "rules", and before you know it, we'll be forced to speak in PC terms and our PM boxes will be full of "warnings" because we weren't careful enough about what we said. I for one am fed up with this in my daily life and the last thing i'm going to do is allow it to take over the lines of communication that I use at my leisure. Plus someone has to stand up for the old memebers of this board who have been either banned or have chosen not to post here because of the same type of thing we're arguing about.

But as some of you said, if i'm not happy, I can just leave. I just may do that.
Old 07-04-2004, 05:15 AM
SVX Appeal

For the record, I do not favor restrictions on the content of this forum. I do think certain content should not propagate into the general areas of discussion, but I disagree with prohibiting it entirely. I think it is correct that a thread as contentious as this one is permitted to continue. Muting the voices of dissention is paramount to validating their position.

We are all here as willing participants. It is true that in current times personal accountability has all but gone out the window, so I understand why one might wish to limit their liability by imposing some restrictions. I am not willing to lay down so easily, but in this case that is not my decision to make. In the same way I cherish my freedoms, I also honor the freedoms of the moderators and administrators to operate this forum as they see fit.

I would like to celebrate this Independence Day in the spirit of those who understand it's meaning. This year, it seems my 'freedom' to do so has been restricted to the hours of 10:00am and 12:00pm. If my city officials have their way, next year I may very well have no freedom to do so at all. ...which at that point is fine, because there will be no reason to do so. A most macabre irony.
Old 07-04-2004, 11:51 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
You have to realize the interesting coincidence of this thread's topic and the time at which it is being discussed. I hope that those who make the rules here may realize on this day what it is that I, and many of the other members of this board fight for. It's not too much to ask to just be able to speak freely and not worry about being banned or threatened. I noticed that in one of the posts in this thread one of the moderators was saying that they were trying to follow the examples of the more experienced moderators of much larger forums. I am a member of a much larger forum in which people are allowed to say what they want, however controversial topics are allocated their own sections, and controversial comments are dealt with one at a time. As a result the forum runs very smoothly and the senior members have even taken up the task of voluntarily helping out moderators by helping to pick out and either report the troublemakers or "convert" the troublemakers to useful members.

That's an example to follow.
Old 07-05-2004, 02:35 AM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
I stopped reading soon as the long ranting posts started.

I think everyone knows I am the official street racing foo expert of SVX Network, so just listen to me.

SVXN is not to be used for glorifying illegal street racing.
It is not to be turned into those other car forums with speedclowns moderating them.

I'm sure everyone has interesting stories to tell.
I'm positive everyone has interesting stories with happy endings.
That doesn't matter.

You wouldn't post about the narcotics you use, or the people you maim, or the laws you intentionally break.
This is no different.

I like to drive fast. I do it whenever I feel the need. How fast, I won't say. I will look like a reckless buffoon. I defeat other sporty cars, I keep records, I used to post about it.
All it did was cause problems.

The integrity of a sensible forum for a classy driving machine is compromised when we make it apparent people use the thing irresponsibly and further advocate such action by supplying a means of glorification.

Personally I enjoy a good race story.
I have nothing against them.
I speak not for myself on this issue but for the Network.
A community of sensible, level-headed, people who'd like to have you over for a BBQ, not a raze of the city streets.

I'll take a burger over spilling oil any day.
[/NikFu Sez]

When I hit reply I totally had no intention of typing more than a line or two. =D Oh well.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 07-05-2004, 03:11 AM
After 200, it's all the same.

Yeah, what he said.

Just kidding, NikfuS.

In my hopes of bringing an end to this, I suggest the following.

In the near future, I think, as a means to an end, opening up a "RACING" only section here. By "Racing", I'm talking about legal and not so legal racing. I'm sure almost everyone here in their lifetime has raced or done something illegal in a vehicle, SVX or not.

As for the "racing" forum, a brief but frank disclaimer should be put on the forum. It could be as simple as a link to the disclaimer from the main board. From the disclaimer page, a link to Enter or Leave link will allow those who wish to view it to obviously enter or leave.

All of this seems a little one sided, but I may be interpreting it all the wrong way. I see all sorts of threads that speak of dragging and autocrossing, and are allowed, which is fine. The point that is not clear is that, although Drag and Auto-X are seemingly safe, the possibility of innocent bystanders getting hurt is no bigger a problem than in Underground Street Racing. In drag and Auto-X, the possibility of bystanders getting hurt is the same. Granted the Drag and Auto-X scenes are in a more controlled environment than some of these idiots who are Street racing , is no different. I have seen accidents happen at the Circle track here in Idaho, where the once thought of safety barriers, didn't help. A car had careened off the track and OVER the safety fence, and this fence is considerably tall.

Anything can happen, and these thing's that do happen are entirely out of our control. We are human and will make mistakes.

Keith

1992 Pearly 187K and climbing (11-91) #964 *retired

1992 Pearl SVX 122500 miles #86 FASTAR THAN THE OLD ONE.*SOLD

Everytime I get into my car, it always reminds me that it has POWER
Old 07-05-2004, 11:41 AM

Registered SVX
What coincidence?

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Shadow248
[B]You have to realize the interesting coincidence of this thread's topic and the time at which it is being discussed.

That was NO coincidence.

To celebrate Independence, one must know what it means. To be free, you must know that you are. To honor freedom means that you don't infringe on the freedom or property of another. Freedom demands responsibility and accountability.

Yah, I think you got it!
Old 07-05-2004, 12:12 PM
The Croupier

I thought I got it once. But I turned around & it was gone
03 Yamaha V-star custom /classic 3k