Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-09-2003, 06:46 PM

i respected you a lot more when you spent more time correcting other's spelling errors then you did voicing your opinion so strongly that you would argue tooth and nail with someone just because they had a different opinion then you....
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SHISVX
i respected you a lot more when you spent more time correcting other's spelling errors then you did voicing your opinion so strongly that you would argue tooth and nail with someone just because they had a different opinion then you....
OHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!

1998 Acura Integra LS 74k Sold 1/07
2007 Toyota Tacoma Prerunner SR5 .04k!
2011 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, 4x4 TRD Sport
Old 09-09-2003, 07:05 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

there are things called paragraphs. use them.
Werd.
My turn.
Listen up.
I happen to ba a true rap enthusiast. I also enjoy every other form of music. Name it. I've listened to it at some point, for one reason or another.
I stopped reading the posts after the one i quoted cuz its mostly pointless to catch up on it.
Anyways, from my pov, ppl dont like much rap because it offends them in some way. So much sometimes that they start a thread about it for no particular reason.

Hardcore rap speaks to me. And im not one of those white ppl that thinks im black. It pisses me off when im labeled like that. I like to wear urban style clothes, even if it makes me ugly.
I wore preppy clothes for the first time last week, and the girls were scopin like mad, but its not enough to change a lifestyle.
I like my ice, i like the image of being rich when im poor. Is it so wrong to look impressive and have people aspire to be like you?

Ive been listening to a particular DMX song recently called "Do You" Its about bein yourself. And i feel it. I can relate to a lot of what this guy says. This is why i like it.

Verse: " Aight, **** it/ you wanna be me?/ heres what you do/ grow up neglected by both parents and still pull through/ you gotsta come up/ ****ed up/ get treated like ****/ then have your mothas, new boyfriend, smack you like a *****/ turn into a killa/ dont carry a shottie/ but the way its goin down right now you wanna kill somebody/ get a dawg, walk the streets, learn what you need to learn/ you dont have a cause, but bacause youll get burned/ rap for 15 years without ever comin out/ and be convinced the world dont know what they talkin about/ then get locked up/ every two years/ for two years/ keep it real hold back all tears/ face yo fears/ become a man before yo time/ rap to live out your rhyme/ let em know whats on yo mind/ then youll get yo shot/ in time/ everything you dream will come true/ but you wont be doin me/ youll be doin you

pretty much everything there is true except for walking the streets, but thats cuz i was property of the state, and therefore had somewhere to go.

But heres my point.
ive adapted to a certain lifestyle. an image consisting of wearing large clothing and lotsa shiny metal. i speak in a certain way. i walk differently then most white people. I dont have a problem with swearing. its just words. i like when artist sample old songs and do it well. Ex: Tupac - Until the End of Time, and various P Diddy Notorius BIG collabos.
i dont have a problem with ppl that think they are thug, even if they are from the burb. just dont get in my face when i call your bluff.
kids need someone to look up to. not many ppl are stepping up to this. the kids find their own role models. who wants to be the president? not me. not many of us with sense.
big subs are not a rap fan thing. everyone under the age of 22 does that.
lyrics come from 2 places: those that are real, and those who want dough. if im gettin paid ofcourse im not going to try to make my music good, until my sales drop. shame on you for paying attention to such a thing.
a lot of urban artist throw classical elements into the mix, and do it well. these are my absolute favorite songs, and they inspire me to write, and improve my concentration when driving. if you havent heard any, youre not looking, and probably dont care.

I could go on forever. I love gangsta rap. i love gangsta rap fans. i love pretty much everybody and everything that doesnt get on my nerves, even my sister sometimes.
what really disgusts me is when ignorant people with one track minds try to vent their frusterations on things they know nothing about, and cant relate to. these people are just afraid of hardcore rap culture and would wipe it out instantly given the chance. a lot like the United States American government. theres good and bad people with power, but when you get down to it they all want YOU, to be like THEM.

thank you whomever read the whole thing and peace out homie.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 09-09-2003, 07:14 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
is it me or do i go against robs ideas of fun a lot?
youve got ADD right? i guess maybe since im autistic we have a rivalry going. yup bad and good. chaos and order. wrong and right.

gotta defend my peeps.

im hoping someone steps up to the plate soon...

Old 09-09-2003, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.

Werd.
My turn.
Listen up.
I happen to ba a true rap enthusiast. I also enjoy every other form of music. Name it. I've listened to it at some point, for one reason or another.
I stopped reading the posts after the one i quoted cuz its mostly pointless to catch up on it.
Anyways, from my pov, ppl dont like much rap because it offends them in some way. So much sometimes that they start a thread about it for no particular reason.

Hardcore rap speaks to me. And im not one of those white ppl that thinks im black. It pisses me off when im labeled like that. I like to wear urban style clothes, even if it makes me ugly.
I wore preppy clothes for the first time last week, and the girls were scopin like mad, but its not enough to change a lifestyle.
I like my ice, i like the image of being rich when im poor. Is it so wrong to look impressive and have people aspire to be like you?

Ive been listening to a particular DMX song recently called "Do You" Its about bein yourself. And i feel it. I can relate to a lot of what this guy says. This is why i like it.

Verse: " Aight, **** it/ you wanna be me?/ heres what you do/ grow up neglected by both parents and still pull through/ you gotsta come up/ ****ed up/ get treated like ****/ then have your mothas, new boyfriend, smack you like a *****/ turn into a killa/ dont carry a shottie/ but the way its goin down right now you wanna kill somebody/ get a dawg, walk the streets, learn what you need to learn/ you dont have a cause, but bacause youll get burned/ rap for 15 years without ever comin out/ and be convinced the world dont know what they talkin about/ then get locked up/ every two years/ for two years/ keep it real hold back all tears/ face yo fears/ become a man before yo time/ rap to live out your rhyme/ let em know whats on yo mind/ then youll get yo shot/ in time/ everything you dream will come true/ but you wont be doin me/ youll be doin you

pretty much everything there is true except for walking the streets, but thats cuz i was property of the state, and therefore had somewhere to go.

But heres my point.
ive adapted to a certain lifestyle. an image consisting of wearing large clothing and lotsa shiny metal. i speak in a certain way. i walk differently then most white people. I dont have a problem with swearing. its just words. i like when artist sample old songs and do it well. Ex: Tupac - Until the End of Time, and various P Diddy Notorius BIG collabos.
i dont have a problem with ppl that think they are thug, even if they are from the burb. just dont get in my face when i call your bluff.
kids need someone to look up to. not many ppl are stepping up to this. the kids find their own role models. who wants to be the president? not me. not many of us with sense.
big subs are not a rap fan thing. everyone under the age of 22 does that.
lyrics come from 2 places: those that are real, and those who want dough. if im gettin paid ofcourse im not going to try to make my music good, until my sales drop. shame on you for paying attention to such a thing.
a lot of urban artist throw classical elements into the mix, and do it well. these are my absolute favorite songs, and they inspire me to write, and improve my concentration when driving. if you havent heard any, youre not looking, and probably dont care.

I could go on forever. I love gangsta rap. i love gangsta rap fans. i love pretty much everybody and everything that doesnt get on my nerves, even my sister sometimes.
what really disgusts me is when ignorant people with one track minds try to vent their frusterations on things they know nothing about, and cant relate to. these people are just afraid of hardcore rap culture and would wipe it out instantly given the chance. a lot like the United States American government. theres good and bad people with power, but when you get down to it they all want YOU, to be like THEM.

thank you whomever read the whole thing and peace out homie.
booya

Old 09-09-2003, 07:18 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
ey yo that takes up a lot of space with the quoting an junk.

nikfu
- numba one wit da booyakaaaa

Old 09-09-2003, 07:21 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
My $.02

True rap died with Jam Master Jay. 'Nuff Said.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 09-09-2003, 07:27 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
gimme a nickel. what is 'true rap'? and how did it die?

Old 09-09-2003, 07:33 PM

There is no "true" rap. Run DMC did start a movement, but there are more influential people out there. i.e. Tupac/Makaveli, Biggie, and nowadays DMX with all his heart to heart type songs. True rap lives on through certain individuals. Not necessarily Nelly or Chingy or other commercial stars.

Old 09-09-2003, 07:41 PM
Recluse

Send a message via MSN to Darksied-X Send a message via Yahoo to Darksied-X
Ok, fine, "My Rap." Happy now?

I've just never gotten into rap much beyond RunDMC and Beastie Boys, and mostly for the same reasons Rob doesn't like it.

But for the record, I don't really hate it, I just dislike it. It's art, and like any art, people form strong opinions. If you like it, then more power to ya. Hell, my favorite band is the Bloodhound Gang, so I'm not one to judge. Like I said, just my $.02.

'03 WRX Wagon, World Rally Blue
'94 SVX LSi, Barcelona Red
'89 XT6 4WD, Grey & Rust
(and legally, an '01 Outback VDC skankmobile)
Old 09-09-2003, 07:44 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
well there were ppl before run dmc. NWA was right around the same time. and, beastie boys isnt rap. its punk with a beat instead of a rhythym. intergalactic is good tho.

Old 09-09-2003, 11:35 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
Niku, I'll respond to your entire post tomorrow when I have time, but I can understand the jist of it. That's fine.

But that being SAID, you have to at least understand that words like "*****, NIGGER, ****ER and "SUCK MY DICK" are offensive to a lot of people and should not be blasted in public, EVEN IF you don't find them offensive, you HAVE to know other people do.

Anyway, peace out (to use ghetto terminology)

- Rob
Old 09-10-2003, 10:05 AM

yoyoyo....shout outs to all my dogs keeping it real defending rap music... lol, well yes "suck my dick" would be pretty offensive i think. but in what song does it just stop....and then all of a sudden the dude just says that, and like nothing else? its not like thats all these people are saying. and i doubt that you have never sworn in public before either. all you have to do is close your window or something.

The reason you hate subwoofers so much is because when they drive by you and your neon, the whole interior just starts to rattle and your change probly flies around beaning you in the dome.

Yes there are some offensive lyrics, but they are only offensive if you take them seriously, more than half the time i bet if the rapper says "suck my dick" im sure its out of jest, not to piss off the little old lady down the street.

PS if you wanna download a good song...."Deadly Combination" - Big L feat. Tupac....the beat is hot, the lyrics are hot, and its hot. dont hate.

Old 09-10-2003, 10:42 AM
Network Design Administrator

Pete, I just wanted to say, that I LOVE your new title... LOL
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by RSVX
Pete, I just wanted to say, that I LOVE your new title... LOL
Thanks!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: