How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-03-2009, 03:40 PM

Get my 97 SVX fixed this week :) after the snow removal incident

Hello

As some of you know my beautiful low mile pristine 97 Black SVX met a with Caterpillar Tractor on Dec 29th during its snow removal. It was just parked on a side street that wasn't even being cleared . It was one of those big yellow things with the exposed large tires.

Its a 97 Ebony LSi AWD
47000 original miles and one owner before me. I have the original Window Sticker, Bill Of Sale, Books, Service Records, Cup Holder, and a spare set of OEM Beige mats still in the plastic.

It was bumped by the tire on the rear and pushed into the car parked in front of me. Naturally the car in front had to be a SUV. Being an SUV it was much taller and thus my SVX went under the thing damaging my hood and front. I have not been able to open the hood since nor driven the car since. The damage was not too bad but seeing as how I do not like body items repaired its costing.

I ordered new and all OEM parts:
Hood.
Both right and left hinges to be on the safe side.
Striker Plate.
Sticker Plate support.
Locking Plate and latch
and some other part but I no longer recall what it was.

I have not ordered the grill and lights as they seem perfect and free of damage but I will know more once we get the hood opened tomorrow. I do not think anything else was damaged as the picture shows it was light and mostly contained to the hood. The quarter panels were untouched and the bumper shell in the front and rear are not cracked and only minor scratches show that my body guy is confident can buff out with some wet sanding first.

Sucks but I want it back and on the road again, I miss it already even though I have only owned it for a few months prior to this.

Oh I almost forgot. While it will be in the shop I have asked for a full body wet sanding and air brush touch up to make it look like new. I will be having all the plastic body side lower panels removed and inspect the doors for any signs of rust starting (which I am sure there wont be any since its never been used in foul weather) and then sealed before putting them back on. Although it was looking like amazing the car should look brand new when done. I will post pictures after its done sometime next week.

Regards

Max
Old 03-04-2009, 01:30 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Re: Get my 97 SVX fixed this week :) after the snow removal incident

the paint looks fantastic but looking at the hood-fender and headlight-bumper gaps it looks like it needs a bit more straightening
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 03-04-2009, 01:32 PM
15th time is a charm?

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
the paint looks fantastic but looking at the hood-fender and headlight-bumper gaps it looks like it needs a bit more straightening
Eric... it isnt done yet.
Old 03-04-2009, 01:50 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX

oh...
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten