Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 02-23-2007, 07:11 AM
What blue lights?

Send a message via AIM to GOT2HAVESVX
Rotors And Brakes N Lines

This AM on the way to work, it was still dark and pulling out of moms driveway which is about 4 miles from my house, I saw SPARKS from the front drivers side! I was sxcared to drive it to work but didnt have time to go back home and change cars! Since I am pretty sure I need brakes, and I KNOW this has been discussed before, but I am at work and cant search, PLEASE send me a link for good drilled n slotted brakes and stainless lines. I want to get the whole package from the same person since shipping is unreal! I need a link someone! And if you think its something else......

Scott & Audrey's Subaru SVX's

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 02-23-2007, 09:26 AM
What blue lights?

ANYBODY!? I need a link I can order the total package of rotors brakes and lines! PLEASE???????

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 02-23-2007, 09:45 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest
I've never seen sparks from my brakes, and I've worn more than one pair down to the backing plate...

Did you see the actual sparks? Or just a glow?

My first thought is electrical, I would check to make sure that the battery is held down properly and that all of the cables in that area are secure and not showing any bare wires. If it sparked, there may be evidence of it, charring, smoke stains....
Old 02-23-2007, 10:30 AM
What blue lights?

It was sparks and they came from the wheel area. I cant see where it it smokey on the outside of the wheel anywhere though. I still want to replace my brakes rotors and lines. I will look under the hood and see if anything is charred under there but it will be this afternoon. (you should see me in dress clothes poking around the rotors n brakes looking for something!) They prolly think I am nuts in the office but I wanted to see if I saw anything while they were cool.

BEST LINK FOR ROTORS????

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 02-23-2007, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOT2HAVESVX
This AM on the way to work, it was still dark and pulling out of moms driveway which is about 4 miles from my house, I saw SPARKS from the front drivers side!
I would be frightened too, if I saw that. I'd immediatiately stop to check it out myself, or start walking.
Quote:
I was sxcared to drive it to work but didnt have time to go back home and change cars!
So, you'd rather take the risk of personal accident, or worse, killing some innoccent third party, than stop driving a defective car, and being late?
Quote:
Since I am pretty sure I need brakes, and I KNOW this has been discussed before, but I am at work and cant search, PLEASE send me a link for good drilled n slotted brakes and stainless lines. I want to get the whole package from the same person since shipping is unreal! I need a link someone! And if you think its something else......
What's wrong with strictly stock, it's perfectly adequate to stop the car from 150 mph, time after time, after time?
You can, of course buy some aftermarket stuff that may, or may not, be better. Perhaps you aren't concerned about brake efficiency and just want something to look prettier?
I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of Science, whatever the matter may be.
Sir William Thomson
Old 02-23-2007, 10:59 AM
What blue lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPeteReally
I would be frightened too, if I saw that. I'd immediatiately stop to check it out myself, or start walking.

Well since you asked, I did stop and check it out. It was dark and I could see if there was anything glowing.
There was no smell and they looked fine.
So, you'd rather take the risk of personal accident, or worse, killing some innoccent third party, than stop driving a defective car, and being late?

There were no lights on in the dash and I HAD looked at it. I drove slowly to work since your concerned about that. Dont act like youve never driven a car with something minor wrong with it.

What's wrong with strictly stock, it's perfectly adequate to stop the car from 150 mph, time after time, after time?
You can, of course buy some aftermarket stuff that may, or may not, be better. Perhaps you aren't concerned about brake efficiency and just want something to look prettier?
Perhaps I am a grown a$$ woman and whatever I want is usually what I get. I happen to want drilled and slotted rotors, stainless steel lines, and brakes, OH and I have the money to pay for them so whats wrong with wanting it to look pretty? There are a lot of people on here that have them, why are you busting on me? You want me to buy you some? I am concerned about braking efficiency and guess what? I still want the drilled/slotted ones!

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 02-23-2007, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Perhaps I am a grown a$$ woman and whatever I want is usually what I get. I happen to want drilled and slotted rotors, stainless steel lines, and brakes, OH and I have the money to pay for them so whats wrong with wanting it to look pretty? There are a lot of people on here that have them, why are you busting on me? You want me to buy you some? I am concerned about braking efficiency and guess what? I still want the drilled/slotted ones!
It's your money, spend it how you like.

But brakes that cannot stand up to the arduous demands of your mother's driveway should never be driven on.
I often say that when you can measure what you are speaking about, and express it in numbers, you know something about it; but when you cannot measure it, when you cannot express it in numbers, your knowledge is of a meagre and unsatisfactory kind; it may be the beginning of knowledge, but you have scarcely in your thoughts advanced to the state of Science, whatever the matter may be.
Sir William Thomson
Old 02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
<-- custom hood ornament

Send a message via AIM to AlcyoneDaze Send a message via Yahoo to AlcyoneDaze
haha, hell yea... get whatever you wanna get - maybe someone here with some knowledge will answer your question and reccomend a good company that makes quality product.

Stock brakes suck hard - only 7k miles on mine, brand new Suby pads and rotors and I'm already getting vibration and fade in the front on steep downgrades.
JDM 'ALCYONE' Rear Panel
JDM 'BOXER' Eingngine Cover
JDM 'SVX' Hood Badge
L-Edition Suede Rear Seats
Old 02-23-2007, 01:11 PM
Betcha can't buy just one!
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via ICQ to ensteele Send a message via Yahoo to ensteele Send a message via Skype™ to ensteele
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Earl to the rescue!! If you want a package like that, go to RaceConcepts and get their package. They are a great outfit and will supply everything you need as well as a good price.

This Thread will give you the price on them and contact information.

Another place is irotors. You can probably do a search for their site.

Hope this helped. Good luck.

Subaru Ambassador

[COLOR=”silver”]1992 Tri Color L[/COLOR] ~45K (06/91) #2430
1992 Dark Teal LS-L ~184K (05/91) #0739
1992 Claret LS-L ~196K (05/91) #0831
1992 Pearl LS-L ~103K (06/91) #1680
1992 Pearl LS-L ~151K (06/91) #2229
1992 Dark Teal LS ~150K (07/91) #3098 (parts car)
1992 White LS-L ~139K (08/92) #6913
1993 25th AE ~98K (02/93) #164
1993 25th AE ~58K (02/93) #176
1993 25th AE ~107K (02/93) #215
1993 25th AE ~162K (02/93) #223
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~124K (1/94) #2408
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~144K (10/93) #1484
1994 Laguna Blue Pearl LSi ~68K (10/93) #1525
1994 Barcelona Red LSi ~46K (02/94) #2624
1994 Pearl LSi ~41K (12/93) #1961
1995 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~70K (02/95) #855
1996 Polo Green LSi ~95K (03/96) #872
1997 Bordeaux Pearl LSi ~55K (08/96) #097
2003 Brilliant Red LS1 Convertible ~29K (04/03) #8951
1999 Magnetic Red LS1 Coupe ~33K (04/99) #6420

My Email | Old Locker | New Locker | Picture of 15 of the 19
Old 02-23-2007, 02:12 PM
What blue lights?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsPeteReally
It's your money, spend it how you like.

But brakes that cannot stand up to the arduous demands of your mother's driveway should never be driven on.
Thanks, I appreciate the approval to spend my money how I'd like. I dont recall saying anywhere that my Mothers driveway was so arduous that I couldnt drive on it. What I did say was that it was there I noticed it. Her driveway happens to be very smooth since we own a dump truck and live on the same road as the quarry. <p> Since you seem to find the need to try to put a woman down whom I assume you think knows nothing about my car or how it works , I suggest you go somewhere else. P.S arduous is not even a word <p>THANKS EARL I am going to buy some right now!

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 02-23-2007, 02:45 PM
Moar shifty!
Subaru Gold Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Crazy_pilot
Registered SVX
I was going to say what Earl said, RaceConcepts seems to have good things said about them.

Must...not...post...definition...of...arduous. hehe.
It is a word.

92 Ebony Mica LS-L "A Rolling Restoration": 223,250 KM - Sleeping
2007 STi 6MT, Stance GR+ coilovers, PWR Rad, JDM hood badge, svxfiles 6000K HIDs, JDM Clear Corners, $15/15 min mod, $20/20 min mod, Energy Swaybar Bushings, Hella Supertones horns, Gold STi BBS rims, Group A lightweight crank pulley, A/C system removed, Custom header-back exhaust, Hybrid carbon/metal rear sway bar, restored headlights with CCFL halos
2008 Subaru Legacy Spec B - Diamond Grey Metallic - Sold
2020 Ram 1500 Longhorn - Red Pearl

Old 02-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
Don't Say It

Quote:
Perhaps I am a grown a$$ woman ...
Bite my tongue---cleanse those thoughts.....

Lee
96 SVX LSi Red
92 SVX LS Pearl (Parts)
01 F150 4X4 Red
(+6 with other members of the family)

FREEDOM IS NOT FREE
Old 02-23-2007, 04:44 PM
What blue lights?

I WILL POST IT:

arduous - characterized by toilsome effort to the point of exhaustion; especially physical effort; "worked their arduous way up the mining valley"; "a grueling campaign"; "hard labor"; "heavy work"; "heavy going"; "spent many laborious hours on the project"; "set a punishing pace"
backbreaking, grueling, gruelling, laborious, toilsome, punishing, hard, heavy
effortful - requiring great physical effort
2. arduous - taxing to the utmost; testing powers of endurance; "his final, straining burst of speed"; "a strenuous task"; "your willingness after these six arduous days to remain here"- F.D.Roosevelt
straining, strenuous
effortful - requiring great physical effort
3. arduous - difficult to accomplish; demanding considerable mental effort and skill; "the arduous work of preparing a dictionary"
difficult, hard - not easy; requiring great physical or mental effort to accomplish or comprehend or endure; "a difficult task"; "nesting places on the cliffs are difficult of access"; "difficult times"; "a difficult child"; "found himself in a difficult situation"; "why is it so hard for you to keep a secret?"
<p>
OK its a word, when I searched it the first time it said not found. Ive never heard it though! Not sure why it would be such a strenuous task to drive up moms driveway...but whatever!

Lee, You are too funny, I love your sense of humor, especially when Im pissed off!
Since I didnt have time to order these from work because I was having an arduous day, I am going to order some "pretty stuff for my car". Thanks for all of your help!

1995 Green
1992 Black
Old 02-23-2007, 07:46 PM
What blue lights?

I just won an auction from irotors! WOOHOO Im gonna be riding "PRETTY" soon! The whole package for 325.00! How much trouble is it to paint the calipers while they are off? I might paint them bright yellow so everybody will notice my "pretty" rotors! J/K this car draws enough attention for me to want anymore! (attention that is) not the car, I want all of them I can get! YEP IM HAPPY! Any volunteers to put them on for me?
Not volunteer...I will pay you. LOL

1995 Green
1992 Black