Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 08-17-2004, 05:01 AM

Yes with 420 hp your car should be pretty fast,the only reason I said something about the WS6 is that my buddy has one and we have raced about four times and I won three of the four and we both were on street tires,but now he run like 11.8 at 123 with his new supercharger,but he should have went with nos he'll be running low 11s,LS1s can handle a 175 shot with no problem,yeah I drive a svx but I study all performance cars.Also to you rally guys you get much respect,curves are not for me.
Old 08-17-2004, 07:32 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by poweredx2
Well if we make you so sick why was you trying to make your svx so fast.Anyway I can take this seven grand piece of crap and run with that WS6 or that STI take your pick,0-100 in a little over twelve seconds make me sick too.Hell has no fury like a well tuned svx.I still like your opinions,it fuels me to go faster,my goal is to have my hp and benchpress the same number,but then again thats impossible.485 with a pause today.
I "Was" making my car into a corner carver. Which it was. Almost nothing could keep up with it through the corners, including my driving skills . Corners and windy roads give me the thrill I need. It lasts longer than a 13 second burst of speed that I can get by driving down the highway... Besides, after my little trip to 155mph in the SVX last year, I lost my desire to go that fast ever again. There are just too many variables that would inevitably end in Death for me... Corners are just more fun for me, coming from "Rally Heaven"

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-17-2004, 07:35 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Hey, Rally Heaven and Drag Strip Heaven are just across the street from each other... Both are intoxicatingly fun!!!

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by GreenMarineSVX
Corners are just more fun for me, coming from "Rally Heaven"

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-17-2004, 10:57 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Yes with 420 hp your car should be pretty fast,the only reason I said something about the WS6 is that my buddy has one and we have raced about four times and I won three of the four and we both were on street tires,but now he run like 11.8 at 123 with his new supercharger,but he should have went with nos he'll be running low 11s,LS1s can handle a 175 shot with no problem,yeah I drive a svx but I study all performance cars.Also to you rally guys you get much respect,curves are not for me.
Well i'm pretty impressed if you're breaking into the 13's with an SVX. To beat a good stock WS6 driver, you should be running at least 13.2, but there are lots of drivers out there that have problems getting their f-bodies into 13's at all. RWD can be a huge advantage for a good driver, or nothing but trouble for someone who doesn't know how to use it. Everyone uses NOS these days, I won't touch it. I just won't do that to my engine. Once i'm done with the LPE stage 1 kit on my T/A, i'm going out in search of a 4th gen Formula convertible. That should take some time to find. I'm not modding my T/A into oblivion.
Old 08-17-2004, 11:22 AM
5 speeds rock! :D

The GRM Challenge lets us do both curves and drags!!

'92 LS-L Claret: '01 RS 4:11 5-speed, Exedy organic, lightened flywheel, and Koni/ GC
Old 08-17-2004, 01:43 PM

Well this WS6 would run some 13.6 and 13.7s and I would get out first and I normally average a high 13 also and we both would turn anywhere from 104-106,his car pulled 298 hp stock on the dyno,do that sound right to you.I drove the car to a 13.71 at 105 its just so much torque to baby out of the hole,and thats the race that I beat my own car,but really it was the driver,I beat my own car by a half a car,he did love the feeling of my car on the spray.But recently I did run 13.2 at 106 on slicksand tried to back it up but my axle broke so this svx will never see slicks again.After that day we knew that the svx spraying would be a good race only if he ran motor,but you're correct some have ran anywhere from12.8-13.2 depending on the driver.
Old 08-17-2004, 03:05 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Shadow248
Well i'm pretty impressed if you're breaking into the 13's with an SVX.
Here's Walter's (poweredx2) timeslip that he mailed to me the other day that shows his fastest 1/4 mile run-to-date:

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 08-25-2004, 09:28 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Well this WS6 would run some 13.6 and 13.7s and I would get out first and I normally average a high 13 also and we both would turn anywhere from 104-106,his car pulled 298 hp stock on the dyno,do that sound right to you.I drove the car to a 13.71 at 105 its just so much torque to baby out of the hole,and thats the race that I beat my own car,but really it was the driver,I beat my own car by a half a car,he did love the feeling of my car on the spray.But recently I did run 13.2 at 106 on slicksand tried to back it up but my axle broke so this svx will never see slicks again.After that day we knew that the svx spraying would be a good race only if he ran motor,but you're correct some have ran anywhere from12.8-13.2 depending on the driver.
That sounds exactly like an LT1 (95-97) WS6. The LS1 cars dyno out above 320bhp. It could be an LS1, but if it is, he is one of the unlucky ones who got a dog. Or maybe he's not taking care of his engine. But if I was right and it's an LT1 car, then he's got a good strong one. GM's V8's are well known for dyno-ing near their factory (crank ratings). For example, my WS6 in stock form was rated at 325hp (crank) and it dynoed at 328hp (wheel).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: