How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 06-30-2004, 12:51 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
The Solstice is what Mandi intends to trade her SVX for. That is one sweet car. Only problem is that it's not very practical, being a two-seater and all.
Old 07-19-2004, 08:13 PM

Send a message via AIM to starsh0t Send a message via Yahoo to starsh0t
Personally I love srt-4s just because they are so damned suprising. SRT-4 is _nothing_ like a neon overall. platform whatever. But comparing a srt-4 to a neon is like comparing svx to i don't know legacy wagon? Bottom like SRT-4s are NOT just great in a straight line, unless you've driven one for a while you don't know but dodge did a great job of making an overall appealing car. It handles like a charm.

Anyways, pull up to a red light in one of these and hope the fool next to you mistakes it for a neon. The looks you get are priceless. I've also ran my svx against a srt-4 at 0, rolling 5, 40, 50, 60 and it's just mind blowing how fast them cars are.

just my nickle. =D
Old 07-20-2004, 06:39 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

I think most of all, the problem with SRT-4's, other than the fact that they are Neons , are the drivers. most of them are people that just want cheap performance. Not that that's a bad thing or something, but look at the price, then look at the price of a WRX... Very close... Maybe $6,000 seperating them... If the WRX isn't more appealing then I don't know what to say...

And nobody better pull the "they blow tranny's" card... They only blow if ya don't know how to drive them. FWD cars (SRT-4) you can just dump the clutch. AWD cars (WRX) you need to have some coordination and control between your clutch foot and throttle foot.

The WRX just makes more sense to me as far as a performance small sedan (I'd take the Wagon though).......... Plus, nothing beats that lively Boxer Rumble!!!!!

Except for an SVX with a stebro and the scream it makes

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-20-2004, 08:48 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Personally Starshot, I have a lot of respect and admiration for those SRT-4's. When I had my Lightning, one of my closest drag strip races ever was against one. The dude was in a blue '04 and it was stock and he ran a 13.81 to my 13.74. Not bad for a 21K car... (especially when compared to my former 32K truck... )

Also, with some aftermarket suspension kits that are coming out for the car, some SRT-4's are able to pull over 0.95g's on the skidpad and slalom at speeds above 70mph (per Sport Compact Car). That's down right impressive!!!

-Chike

P.S. I still feel like the FWD layout was a mistake, but I understand the bean counters at Daimler Chrysler wanted to keep costs down. It would be nice if they offered it as an option though...
Quote:
Originally posted by starsh0t
Personally I love srt-4s just because they are so damned suprising. SRT-4 is _nothing_ like a neon overall. platform whatever. But comparing a srt-4 to a neon is like comparing svx to i don't know legacy wagon?

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-20-2004, 03:18 PM
Hater

a Geo Metro with a V8 stuffed in it would be fast, too, but i wouldn't want one.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 07-20-2004, 03:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
Any car can be fast, any car can handle, but does that make it desirable?

Frog Prince?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 07-20-2004, 05:28 PM

Send a message via AIM to starsh0t Send a message via Yahoo to starsh0t
SRT-4s are not too shabby.. I don't think they look like a neon. It's true speed + handling alone won't make it desirable for everyone but when I look at a car to buy those are the first 2 aspects I look at, followed by how good it looks for it's purpose. SRT-4 is very good at looking the part of an aggressive swift car in my opinion.

If it was aimed to look pleasent and good then I am sure they would've put in something smoother in form of an engine.
Old 07-20-2004, 08:24 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
"Say no to fords all together"

Not necessarily...

I guess I will have to step up to the plate and put a word in for my SVT Focus. It doesn't have the power of the SRT-4, but it has beautiful balance with what it has. Autoweek said in early 2002 "If you test drive a new car this year, make sure it is an SVT Focus". It has been discontinued, which means you might get a great deal if you can find one sitting neglected on someone's lot. In the shootouts it was always ranked just behind the SRT-4 and (in some) the Mazdaspeed Protege. i've had mine a year and a half and put 31k on it. Its got every bell and whistle I could want....except outside temp readout. Harry autocrosses his SVX and his son is evidently giving him fits with his SVT Focus. Ford had earlier said that it would keep the Focus equal with the competition, but gave up. We were all waiting for some variation of the RS Focus from Europe, over 200hp turbo, and maybe AWD, but it wasn't to be. Now SVT is abandoning the small cars and will stick with the Lightning pickup and the SVT version of the new Mustang. From what I have seen in the reports, the new Chevy Cobalt SS will be what the Focus should have developed into.

PS Repairs to date: Two factory reflashes on the chip and one
engine mount bracket. 32mpg on the Interstate and awesome on the Tail of the Dragon!

PS II Someone asked last year, what the difference was between the SVT and a regular Focus. I told him that it was exactly the same....except for the engine, transmission, exaust, suspension, brakes, wheels, tires, interior, and front and rear body work.

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"

Last edited by SVXphile; 07-20-2004 at 08:34 PM.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: