How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Wanted or For Sale
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2003, 01:52 PM
From POST-***** to LURKER

So you guys got your Stebro's???? I gotta call and check in and make sure that mine showed up at my stepdad's house... I can't have stuff like that delivered to the base so it had to be shipped to NC.... I'll have to check as soon as I get off work!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-04-2003, 03:16 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I got the 15% discount here.
Old 03-04-2003, 05:03 PM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by 55FordTruck
I'm there!!!

I was told that they were gonna be ~$1000 Canadian (~$600-700 US). But that was about a year ago.

Anyone else been given any quotes more recently? Maybe we can put together another group buy.

I'm also hoping they don't require putting the CATs in, as I don't live in a smog controlled area. I suppose I could just have a straight pipe made in place of the CATs.
I was quoted 752.00 ea Cdn for OEM from my dealer.

From speaking with Dan the Cats are included.

BTW my order's been here since before the deadline ran out. Ordered it Tuesday, got it Friday.
Old 03-04-2003, 11:08 PM
Old Timer (age that is)

Send a message via Yahoo to lhopp77
Registered SVX
I am sorry I backed out of buying a set since it might have helped the discount. But---here is what happened---I bought a 92 Pearlie (my 4th SVX) with a set already on it.

Now--my opinion and may not match the rest of you. I personnally don't care much for the sound. Instead of Italian or American it sound pretty damned ricey to me at any nearly any rpm short of WOT. At WOT it sounds pretty robust but still in a ricey sense.

Almost think I would opt for a dual system from cats back to a turbo muffler setup. Maybe that would give a deeper tone, but then again that might just be the nature of the engine design.

Hope everyone that bought on likes the sound.

Lee

SVXx4
Old 03-05-2003, 07:22 AM

Installed yet????

Has anyone gotten it put in yet?!?!?!?! I am waiting so anxiously for mine to get here.... It's not here yet!!!! Well it could be the snow up north that is holding things up.... Oh well, I am really hoping to get it sometime this week, then I'm gonna put it in this weekend. I am also ordering a new G-tech pro today, so if it comes in sometime before this weekend I'll run some times for everyone!!! Cool?!?!? If anyone has it installed yet, How does it sound?!??? does it feel any faster??? I got the performance cat, think that will make it sound deeper??

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-05-2003, 07:50 AM

install

I am going to wait a week or two to put mine on. I have to get the car inspected this month, and I might need a little work done, so I'll take care of that first.

Keep us all posted on the progress.
Old 03-07-2003, 02:18 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

re: not too happy

i have not gotten mine yet and i'm not too happy. i don't mind coughing up money to buy stuff. all i ask is that you give me a timeframe (which he did ~ 1 week) and either
1. stick to your timeframe for shipment and delivery.
2. give me the shipment status.

i really hate it when my expectations are built up and aren't met. i can understand if you are not a business geared to make a profit (like lwin's jdm orders) and control of this information is totally out of your hands.

i received no email in regards to where the shipment is. i've called and left a message and got no response. and i've tried entering the so called order number into the online tracking system at sterbo.net and no information was pulled up. here is the twist. i finally got in touch with dan and he said he would look up the info and send it to me..no answer yet. i spent a little over $1000.00 for this system. from some other posts i've seen that the system could have been bought for significantly lower prices. i'm not complaining about the price, only that next week would make it exactly one month since the order has been placed. from a business standpoint, it's really nice to take the money up front and have (if 15 people bought the same setup) $15,000 extra money to float around.

more than likely, if i do not get the system by next week, i'm going to cancel the order and call my credit card company. really irritating when someone tells me that they already had the systems made and it will be shipped out on the 2/17. order was placed 2/14.

i don't know much about sterbo. but i do know this. their 1888 number goes directly to dan's cell phone. also after reading dayle's post, i asked dan to compare or give a little input on why his system is better than magnaflow or other systems in performance. his words were 'i've know about them but don't comment on other systems.' which is ok, but i hoped he would tell me something that would make his seem better than the competitors or why i should buy his (i.e. better service, warranty, been in the industry longer, whatever BS typical sales will brag about no matter how miniscule.)

we will see soon. if i can't get the product and i can't get my money back. you all will see me and my svx on the international news concerning a severe beating of a canadian with an exhaust pipe. i would not want the money after that. what a nice guy i am.
Old 03-07-2003, 03:53 PM
55FordTruck

stick it to the man!!!

I know what you mean on the horrible service. I'm losing my patience with so many companies (not just car stuff) that I expect to be treated bad, when I finally find good service I'm surprised.

Of the 7 companies I've dealt with for SVX parts in the past 2 months, 3 have been a disapointment, 3 great (Stebro is one of these), and 1 average. And I don't even have the stuff installed yet to know if there's gonna be any problems with the actual product.

Oh man, I just sounded like my Dad on a "when I was young...." rant. I didn't think it would happen by age 22.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:00 PM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by 55FordTruck

Oh man, I just sounded like my Dad on a "when I was young...." rant. I didn't think it would happen by age 22.
Welcome to the "real" world. We're all surprised the FIRST time we do it. But then, like the poor service you've described, we get used to it.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-07-2003, 04:11 PM
55FordTruck

that's not what I wanted to hear!

I was hoping for some enlightening ideas of how to get them back
Old 03-07-2003, 04:11 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
What ever happened to patience??

I've ordered so many little parts for my SVX and I still haven't received them...even after a year. I still check with the dealership every week for an update but I don't worry when the parts aren't there.

You already have an exhaust so it's not as though you can't continue to drive your SVX. Maybe look at some other points like:

1. Do you have/need a new exhaust gasket for behind the cat?
2. Are you going to have all the tools to change the exhaust?
3. Are you going to need any extra parts?

For those who have seen or installed a Stebro exhaust, how does the center pipe attach to the muffler? The openings appear to be the same size. It would seem that another pipe would be needed to fit between the 2 to hold them together.
Old 03-07-2003, 04:28 PM
55FordTruck

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthworm
What ever happened to patience??

For those who have seen or installed a Stebro exhaust, how does the center pipe attach to the muffler? The openings appear to be the same size. It would seem that another pipe would be needed to fit between the 2 to hold them together.
I noticed that both ends were flared, does anyone know whether there's clamps or something that must be re-used? I don't have that section of the Maintenance Manual, that's one of my complaints (only half showed up). And I have no ground clearance right now to look, I've been plowing through too much snow.

Any help from someone that's installed the Stebro already would be appreciated.
Old 03-07-2003, 05:16 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake
you need to re-use the old clamp and connector. you will see when you remove the old system.

Mine was a PITA to get the 2" connector out from the inside of the pipes. i had to use a sluge hamer to get it out.
Old 03-07-2003, 06:10 PM
Meow!

Thanks for the reply. I will let my mechanic (my dad ) know about the existing system.

Did you do anything about any of the messy welds to make the system look a little cleaner?
Old 03-12-2003, 05:37 AM

Noir, have you gotten yours yet???? I haven't gotten mine and I think that it has been damn well near a Month!!!! I am really starting to get pissed off now~!!!!!