Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Upcoming Meets
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 08:21 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Post Very important...

The address Capitol Raceway lists on their website isn't recognized by any of the major navigation websites. I did some digging on-line and the actual street address of the Racewway is:

1455 Jackson Rd, Odenton, MD 21113

Plug this address into either Mapquest or Yahoo! maps and you'll be taken all the way to Capitol Raceway Rd which leads to the dragstrip.

You can also use the directions Capitol Raceway lists on their website at:

http://www.capitolraceway.com/location.htm

From the South
Take I 95 North to 495 North to Rt. 50 East to Route 3 North, Go through 4 lights (approx 6 miles) into Crofton. Follow the Capitol Raceway signs and turn left at the Wendy's. Crossover to Route 3 South. Get in the right lane and Capitol Raceway Rd is 100 feet on the right.

From the North
Take 95 South to 895 through the Harbor Tunnel to Route 97S to Maryland Route 3 South. Go approximately 3 miles and turn right onto Capitol Raceway Road or take 95 S TO 695 East to 97S to MD Route 3 South to a right on Capitol Raceway Road. If you use 83 S take 695 West to 97 S to Rt. 3 S to Capitol Raceway Rd.

-Chike

P.S. I'll repost this info at the start of the thread.

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 11-22-2005, 07:42 PM
Have a poncho I can borrow?

We'll I've been officially downgraded to doubtful for Friday but that should matter not. If temperatures are at the 34 they are saying for a high I see little stopping Melis from posting in the 13s a full 1/2 second ahead of her closest N/A compedator. She'll be running about 150lbs lighter than the last time out. I just hope it starts with the bad PCV and all.

As for me I kinda need to ensure the XT is up and running (which I think we found the issue tonight) but that means the little one will be in my care for the evening and whining by the all the SVXers that get slaughtered by Melis isn't something a baby should have to hear.
Old 11-22-2005, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benebob
As for me I kinda need to ensure the XT is up and running (which I think we found the issue tonight) but that means the little one will be in my care for the evening and whining by the all the SVXers that get slaughtered by Melis isn't something a baby should have to hear.
Ben,

The only 'whining' Melis will hear on Friday will be from Tom's (Svxfiles) supercharger!

I'm really looking forward to the meet and I can't wait to see the times everyone runs!

-Chike

Old 11-22-2005, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
Ben,

The only 'whining' Melis will hear on Friday will be from Tom's (Svxfiles) supercharger!

-Chike
He's running it without oil again huh? You've met Bill right? He'll be whinning when he gets there!
Old 11-23-2005, 07:53 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
We'll I've been officially downgraded to doubtful for Friday but that should matter not. If temperatures are at the 34 they are saying for a high I see little stopping Melis from posting in the 13s a full 1/2 second ahead of her closest N/A compedator. She'll be running about 150lbs lighter than the last time out. I just hope it starts with the bad PCV and all.
Ben,
Interesting post....let's see, you've
1. already accepted that you're going to get your doors blown off, so you've already taken them off to save 150#, and
2. already put an excuse out on the table for when the RaceCar gets put back on the trailer with only the "nice try" trophy

-Bill (who will NOT be whining come the 25th....)
p.s. so, what ended up being the issue with the XT motor??

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 11-23-2005, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Ben,
Interesting post....let's see, you've
1. already accepted that you're going to get your doors blown off, so you've already taken them off to save 150#, and
2. already put an excuse out on the table for when the RaceCar gets put back on the trailer with only the "nice try" trophy

-Bill (who will NOT be whining come the 25th....)
p.s. so, what ended up being the issue with the XT motor??

Doors are still there. It just isn't wet at the moment so since gas weighs about 9.5 lbs per gallon there's that 150lbs. It'll also be running about a 4.0 tranny with the 0 treadwear tires on there.

It seems my mechanic neglected to spin the motor 360 after putting the first timing belt on and before putting the second one on so the timing is a little messed up. Hopefully that's it and she'll be up and running and ready to beat down your SVX in any rallyx even without sending power to the rear.
Old 11-23-2005, 09:26 AM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Doors are still there. It just isn't wet at the moment so since gas weighs about 9.5 lbs per gallon there's that 150lbs. It'll also be running about a 4.0 tranny with the 0 treadwear tires on there.

It seems my mechanic neglected to spin the motor 360 after putting the first timing belt on and before putting the second one on so the timing is a little messed up. Hopefully that's it and she'll be up and running and ready to beat down your SVX in any rallyx even without sending power to the rear.
Ben,
Glad things worked out with the XT engine!

what's a 4.0 tranny??

-Bill
p.s. you'll have to keep me up to date on rallyx's -- I'd like to try at least one.

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
My Locker
Old 11-23-2005, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXRide
Ben,
Glad things worked out with the XT engine!

what's a 4.0 tranny??

-Bill
p.s. you'll have to keep me up to date on rallyx's -- I'd like to try at least one.
Didn't work out yet. Still need to do the work. I'm not a patient man when it comes to exact things as I do that every day with work so in my free time I avoid it. I don't trust doing the belt solo.

Well the 4.0 tranny would be a 4.11 that has larger tires so we'll be sure to trap over 100mph and still be able to kick your butt with the loss in power.
Old 11-23-2005, 11:45 AM

Quote:
so we'll be sure to trap over 100mph and still be able to kick your butt with the loss in power.
Well the latest weather forecast for Friday 11/25 (zip 21113) shows mostly sunny skies with a daytime high of 39 and a low of 22. Should be a good evening for drag racing...

-Chike

Old 11-23-2005, 11:46 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
will they let you race with temps below freezing???

Tom
Old 11-23-2005, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX
will they let you race with temps below freezing???

Tom
No clue. I'll be calling them Friday morning at 10am to see if their racing that evening - maybe I'll give them a quick buzz this afternoon to see what they say about racing in cool temps.

Old 11-23-2005, 12:01 PM

Aargh!!!!!

I just spoke with the manager Kimberly at Capitol (410-793-0662). She said due to the cold temps they've already cancelled the Friday night test-n-tune for this week!

However, there's still racing on Sunday, November 27th between 11:30am and 5pm (daytime high will be 52).

I realize this date might be better for some but worse for others. It's also a HUGE travel day on the interstates as most people will be heading home from Thanksgiving.

Who's still in? Who's out?

-Chike

Old 11-23-2005, 12:41 PM

Okay, I've spoken to both Toms (Svxfiles and TomsSVX) and left messages for Hocrest and SVXRide on their cells. Svxfiles will be calling Benebob and Matthewmongan.

As of this time:

Attending - Chiketkd, Svxfiles

Not attending - TomsSVX (working Sunday)

Old 11-23-2005, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiketkd
I just spoke with the manager Kimberly at Capitol (410-793-0662). She said due to the cold temps they've already cancelled the Friday night test-n-tune for this week!

-Chike

Damn it Bill!!! Not only do you work for NASA but you're selling secrets to the Russians in return for them moving those "weather controlling" satilites they used to cause all those tropical storms this year in position to cool down the DC area so you can save face. Pretty ingenious! I hope it didn't cost NASA too much Atari technology!!!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:49 PM
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Damn it Bill!!! Not only do you work for NASA but you're selling secrets to the Russians in return for them moving those "weather controlling" satilites they used to cause all those tropical storms this year in position to cool down the DC area so you can save face. Pretty ingenious! I hope it didn't cost NASA too much Atari technology!!!

Oh, I didn't mention that I worked for NOAA for a couple of years?
-Bill (willing to pull whatever strings necessary to be ready to smoke the RaceCar....)
p.s. hey, Tom, think we've got enough time to install the cams now?

My Locker