SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-02-2006, 07:19 PM
Peace Sells... are you buying?

Kid seats?

Okay I'm new here and as yet don't even own an SVX... but that's going to change shortly.

As with most newbies I have a couple of questions.

First off I have two wonderful kids ages 6 and 1 (you can tell I'm a guy since I didn't list the youngest's age in months ). Before I commit and purchase an SVX I would like some feedback from some parents who daily put their children in the back. Right now I have an 02' WRX and even though it is a four door I hate putting the kids in it. I'm 6' 2" and squeezing in past my older daughter to buckle her belt is a pain. The opening on the Impreza's doors are pretty small. My mom's 93' Thunderbird (Uggggh!) is actually pretty user friendly and crawling into the back to secure the rugrats is easy (which is why I originally thought an SVX might work). Also with the use of child seats do they still have some leg room? The WRX doesn't offer much but works... I assume the SVX has more?

Secondly I noticed that the earlier SVXs have the goofy automatic front seatbelts (often times called a mouse) just like my moms T-Bird. I really don't like them and if I could avoid it I would like to. However I am not going to walk away from a really clean 92' or 93' just because I don't like the seatbelts. Can you install the shoulder harness from a later SVX or would I just have to grin and bear it?

Thanks for your time!

Ira