SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-09-2003, 09:03 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
OT: So I had this dream...

Some of you are groaning, because you know that the following is going to be truly bizarre. The rest of you need to hear about my baby Elmo dream.

So it started out with me driving to this shopping mall to enter into an SCCA Road Rally. There was another car besides mine, and everybody with me was imaginary. I have no real friends, and I've killed most of my coworkers in previous dreams, so I have to make up supporting characters.

Anyway, we were a couple hours early, so we decided to go have lunch. But I lost track of time and missed registration, so I had to go home. Har. Very funny.

Instead of going home, the city I was in turned into a warzone. It wasn't under siege - it was more like a little civil war. The two sides had even erected a barrier between the two halves of the city. Anyway, a friend (again, another one I made up) called me and told me that he was in the hospital with is wife, who was in labor. The hospital, of course, was on the other side of the city.

I just went there without any difficulty. Heh. But I was told that my friend wasn't there, and never had been. So I just gave up and left.

Apparently, I decided to visit this old creepy house in the woods. It was a lot like the restaurant in the beginning of Goonies. Going inside the restaurant, I didn't find anybody. 'Where the hell is everyone,' I wondered. Then I heard a noise behind me, so I turned around.

Out of a trapdoor in the wooden floor came Benicio Del Toro. He didn't expect to see me there, either, so he regarded me very suspiciously. We traded questions, mine first.

'What are you doing here?'

'What are you doing in the floor?'

'Well...um...so you're not an armadillo, huh?'

Benicio Del Toro explained to me that everyone had been turning into armadillos 'around here,' and that's why he was hiding in the floor. I asked him why he hadn't turned into an armadillo, and instead of explaining, I had a little flash-forward.

I was sitting at a kitchen table, reading the newspaper. The article was entitled 'How Benicio Del Toro Avoided Becoming an Armadillo.' In true sensationalist fashion, there were graphics and diagrams and photos. It turned out That Benicio Del Toro had used a bug-bomb sort of thing that killed armadillos and hid under the floor. In order to save himself from the gas, he zipped himself inside this large, cube-shaped bag. So that readers at home could try this out for themselves, one page of the newspaper had been used to make a home version of the bag. You could tear it out, unfold it and zip yourself inside a big cube-shaped bag made out of newsprint.

That explained, I flashed back to the old creepy house. Just to prove that he wasn't crazy, Benicio Del Toro pulled out some of the armadillos he captured. They were in a mesh bag, much like the kind you'd put dirty laundry in.

'Dude, those aren't armadillos.'

The bag was filled with giant snails - we're talking shells the size of basketballs. One was making its way out the drawstring top and tumbled to the floor with a solid clunk.

'Well, whatever,' Benicio Del Toro said.

There was a lot more, but I've taken up more than enough space. Some of you know about the kinds of dreams I have and will find this funny and some of you will understandably skip it. I understand either way. But the morals of the dream are clear:

Benicio Del Toro is an idiot.

And Canada can't make a good theme park. (The part I didn't get into)

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE

Last edited by Mr. Pockets; 04-09-2003 at 09:09 AM.
Old 04-09-2003, 09:39 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Nick,
Now I know why you avoid substances like Drugs and Alcohol. With dreams like that, you don't need them. Long live baby Elmo!
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 04-09-2003, 10:40 AM
The Road Less Traveled

Man, no wonder you work at a game software maker...

So what's the bit about Canada and a theme park, eh?

VK
Old 04-09-2003, 12:01 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by vkykam
Man, no wonder you work at a game software maker...

So what's the bit about Canada and a theme park, eh?

VK
Okay, but you asked.

Well, it took place in Quebec, which you may or may not consider actually part of Canada.

I was in Quebec, riding a lowrider BMX bike and there were a few others out on the street on inlines. I rode to the top of this hill, where I met my wife and a borrowed child (it was understood in my dream that it was someone else's), who were outside an amusement park.

Now, don't imagine Disney World or even a Six Flags park. Imagine if Colombia built an amusement park. Imagine it was made out of those crappy animals and windmills that usually populate a miniature golf course. The main attraction was this giant statue of a teddy bear, which was covered entirely in ceramic tile. It was about 10 stories tall, and you could climb a staircase up its back. But the real fun was had on this giant square platter it held out on its right paw. The platter wobbled back and forth (again, imagine animated stuff on a miniature golf course) and, if you dared climb up on it, you were pretty much assured that you'd fall to your death.

'This is dangerous,' I thought. 'Somebody's gonna get killed.'

So we went to complain to the management.

That's all I remember with any clarity. It gets weird and incoherent after that.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-09-2003, 12:17 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Pockets

Okay, but you asked.

That should teach you a lesson, Victor (aka: Cecelia )
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-09-2003, 12:23 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

I would certainly hope so.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-09-2003, 05:28 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Nah. If Nick creeps me out totally, there's always the ignore button.

And no, I don't consider Quebec a part of Canada...

I'm always fascinated by dreams, mostly because I can't remember any of mine.

VK
Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

Old 04-09-2003, 06:36 PM
Superbeast

Wow that is wierd. Just last night I had a dream that someone brought an SVX to the shop to be worked on. The thing was trashed with holes in the exaust and the tranny wasn't even in it. So any way I'm looking at the back of the motor and it has a timming belt on the back of the motor? So I'm like what the hell is this some kinda Saab set up, But then I let the car down and it's suddenly like an 88 Volvo 740 wagon. Then as I'm looking at the engine thinking (wow an SVX motor fits in to a Volvo pretty well) the motor falls out of the car backwards and I notice it only a Legacy motor. So then I was getting mad and woke up.
92 SVX #772 140k 6speed, ECU Tune stage II, Koni/Ground control, 3,270lbs.
91 Legacy Turbo 5spd. FMIC, crappy stock turbo, ACT clutch.
78 BRAT (New toy) (Soon to be EJ22T powered)
90 240 SX. RB25 powered!! DRIFT!!!111!!! (GF's car)

To many cars to spend time on teh web!
Old 04-10-2003, 08:42 AM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Subafreak
the motor falls out of the car backwards and I notice it only a Legacy motor. So then I was getting mad and woke up.
Interesting. I've had a similar experience. Only, it wasn't a motor, it was a transmission. And it wasn't a dream, it was real. And, I haven't woken up yet.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 04-10-2003, 11:01 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
Re: OT: So I had this dream...

Quote:

Some of you are groaning, because you know that the following is going to be truly bizarre. The rest of you need to hear about my baby Elmo dream.

There was a lot more, but I've taken up more than enough space. Some of you know about the kinds of dreams I have and will find this funny and some of you will understandably skip it. I understand either way. But the morals of the dream are clear:

Benicio Del Toro is an idiot.

And Canada can't make a good theme park. (The part I didn't get into)
ROTFLMAO!!!

Holy crap! I enjoyed that thoroughly. Maybe we should have a section in the forums just for odd dreams.

I had one of my scariest ever two nights ago... you know, scary enough to startle you awake.

It was late evening and the sun had just started to set as I pulled into the driveway of a friend's house (he too was an imaginary friend). I was driving the SVX... even though it is out of commission right now. Once I entered the small two story rambler, I realized that it was my cousin's house for some reason. Minutes after I entered the house, the cops bust in and arrest me! Apparently someone there didn't like me and called in a phony accusation on me. I am tossed into the holding cell... which was the basement of the house.

Morning rolls around, and I am found not guilty of whatever it was I was accused of, and released. I make my way for the exit, tired and frustrated, in dire need of a relieving spirited drive home for some much needed sleep. Now here comes the scary part. I approach my SVX... and it is trashed and stripped! Wheels, body panels, lights, interior parts, etc., stolen! I was on the verge of tears and running around like a chicken with its head cut off!

Then I woke up... way too truamitizing to stay in that dream! Took me a few minutes to realize it wasn't real. What a relief it was dream... or nightmare.

No armadillo/snails, but I thought I'd share since you guys could probably relate to horror.

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 04-10-2003, 11:10 AM
lightning_8669

Ummm, uhhh......

I'd like to thank you guys for making me suddenly feel so, well, normal.

I haven't had dreams like these since Taco Bell quit putting their mild sauce in them little tubs with the foil on top.

Not sure what they put in that stuff but it sure prevented a good night's sleep!

Armadillos? Never had a dream with armadillos. Anteaters, but never armadillos.
Old 04-10-2003, 12:42 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Ummm, uhhh......

Quote:
Originally posted by lightning_8669
I'd like to thank you guys for making me suddenly feel so, well, normal.

I haven't had dreams like these since Taco Bell quit putting their mild sauce in them little tubs with the foil on top.

Not sure what they put in that stuff but it sure prevented a good night's sleep!

Armadillos? Never had a dream with armadillos. Anteaters, but never armadillos.
Just to clarify:

I didn't have a dream with armadillos in it, either. Benicio Del Toro thought they were armadillos, but they turned out to be snails.

It's been a long time since my high school Spanish classes, but I can say with confidence that 'armadillo' does not mean 'snail' in Spanish.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 04-10-2003, 01:11 PM
lightning_8669

Re: Re: Ummm, uhhh......

Quote:

Just to clarify:

It's been a long time since my high school Spanish classes, but I can say with confidence that 'armadillo' does not mean 'snail' in Spanish.
I'm thinking you're probably right although I'll have to wait til I get home to ask my 8 year old (who takes Spanish class) how to say snail in Spanish In French the snail would be escargot (sp) but I can't imagine how you'd eat a basketball sized one let alone how much garlic you'd need to saute it in.

I could see where Benicio could, if not looking clearly at the sack of snails, think maybe they were coiled armadillos. However, how you managed that confusion in a dream is beyond me
Old 04-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
That was some great reading Nick! I love hearing about your wacky dreams, they are worse than my wife's! My dreams (that I can remember) are usually the boring type that seem so real and are about such everday events that I wake up not knowing whether they actually happened or not.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 04-10-2003, 01:33 PM

Registered SVX
Re: Re: Re: Ummm, uhhh......

Quote:
Originally posted by lightning_8669
I could see where Benicio could, if not looking clearly at the sack of snails, think maybe they were coiled armadillos. However, how you managed that confusion in a dream is beyond me
Good point, but the moral of the dream stands. Maybe I wasn't clear enough: he collected the 'armadillos' himself, so it should have been pretty clear what they were.

What an idiot...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE