Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2014, 03:15 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: How much $ have you put into your SVX?

Which one?

In all seriousness, I'll bet I have the most into the turbo SVX, which is only the purchase price at the moment. Haven't had the time to get it up and going.

Actually, less than the purchase price as of now as I sold off some spare parts that came with it that will be upgraded with better parts later once I find the right clean shell.

So about $3000 at this point

My very first SVX is probably close. I probably have about $3k into it as well as it receiving nearly $3k in body work (covered by insurance) after it was hit while parked.
Old 10-15-2014, 05:43 PM

Registered SVX
Re: How much $ have you put into your SVX?1

PO of my car was closer to $15,000
CF hood
Clear corners
Sterbro exhaust
Rear light bar
110 amp alt
Aluminum radiator
1.5v chip
Stacker ignition
8k Hid low beams
Street glow fog and low beams
97 grill
15 min mod
New timing belt and tention rollers: waterpump
18" F4 Focal rims
Panasonic radio and upgrade speakers
All bulbs converted to LED
Silicon hoses
Fuel pressure gage
Iridium plugs
Total engine seal
2002 WRX 5 speed replaced gears with 2004
Stage 2 clutch
WRX starter
Cross drilled rotors
I think I forgot a few.

Last edited by Conn SVX; 10-15-2014 at 05:46 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 10:16 PM

So I'm guilty of a quick reply and taking a more in depth read later..

Wow..

@ SVX95.. An amazing amount of record keeping, combined with goal focused spending to slowly, but surely take a $1000.00 car into a custom keeper. Can't say I've ever seen the better part of 6K been better spent.. One kickin ride, upgraded and kept crisp for less than half of the monthly lease of a Hyundai Accent.. Kudos!!

@ Conn SVX.. $26.00 a month? LOl.. You are either the luckiest SVX owner on the planet, or, you really should budget her for some maybe not necessary, but totally deserved TLC in the near future.. And yup, it's a hell of a battery, it'd probably start a Mack truck at 30 below, and it's rated for 1700 cranking amps ( for the first five seconds ) and over 800 deep discharge cycles, these specs called for courtesy of the SVXs' penchant to discharge on the idle.. Only battery that the retailer would warrantee for the vehicle. So far, it's been brilliant, spins it over like you wouldn't believe. But seriously, as much as ten out of ten people will post about what went wrong with a vehicle, and only one out of ten will post what didn't go wrong .... Your track record with yours shows, that in spite of all the problems that are posted for help on this site, the SVX is actually a pretty bullet proof piece of kit. My WRX ( an 02 ) had broken a few things, well, actually, I've broken a few things. But, it's never left me on the side of the road. My SVX came with every piece of service record since day 1.. it left it's previous owner on the side of the road once. It's never done it again. Not bad for a seventeen year old vehicle. I think we need a new thread called " This month, I didn't spend squat"

@ sean 486.. brilliant response! no, seriously.. made me snort!

@ redlightning svx.. yeah.. but how many years? If it's over 5 years, it's a freekin' bargain...

@ Conn SVX... So, it seems that you're like me, you landed up with somebody's "baby".. Between what the original and second owner spent on mine before I got it ( probably more than it originally cost ), the comment by the mechanic when I got the safety check done to transfer the ownership was " it's like it's brand new"... part of what has given me ( at least ) relatively trouble free ownership of a well taken care of vehicle. I definitely got the lucky position of simply having to keep up a well maintained SVX, not having to deal with a decade and a half of abuse and neglect, and i'm thankful that mine came from the other side of Canada that doesn't use salt . ..

Thanks to all others who posted, and elucidated the concept that, on a long term basis, keeping an eclectic classic reliable, enjoyable, viable, etc., is an achievable goal.

Too cool...
Old 10-22-2014, 02:27 PM

Registered SVX

Four new wheel bearings and a 4 wheel alignment the day before he delivered it.
Also did the timing belt water pump seals and idle pulleys just before delivery
Funny story. The guy I bought it from lives 80 miles away. 1 month after purchase on a raining after noon while rounding a corner 3 blocks from home. All my dash lights came on and the car stopped. DEAD. I called him and said any clue what happened. He Sid I will be right up after work. Shows up at 7:30 at night. Crawls under the dash and pulls down the ECU. The 1.5v chip fell out of the socket. Went back to my house a few beers and hot glue and it was fixed.
Oh also forgot a few things.
White face dash Gage's ( Speedo and Tach)
White face oil press ,amp,and vac gauges under radio.
Front splitters
Stainless steel brake and clutch lines.
Most of what others have had trouble with , I do not have any more.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:09 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001

If I were to count, I'd make myself sick. I just walked out the door $1,200 lighter this afternoon. The svx, still however, is second to none. Love this car.