Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > ECU Tune Projects
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2008, 05:30 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
New for Christmas 08 Stage1Av1

I've been trialing and enjoying some software I think I am going to go ahead and release. I'll select a lucky guinea pig to trial it up north on a stock svx before full release so throw your name out there if you would like to be said guinea pig. Whoever trials it has to record their fuel usage before and after so we actually have some data on improvement in fuel economy. Ideally you should have a regular commute so you can have similar driving patterns before and after and you should be less fortunate and deserving of something free.

Ok..what is stage1a? The A is for aggressive.

Ok...so what does aggressive mean?

in results terms:
1)better fuel economy
2)more power
3)it's aggressive..I haven't had any pinging but if you start hearing pinging get off the gas

in terms of the tuning:
1)the ignition revision table is zero'd
2)the primary ignition table is filled with aggressive tuning
3)the fuel table runs a little lean under light cruise

Stage 1a will come with the regular stage1 software loaded as well. I can put either in the default location and the other in the 2nd location according to a majority consensus so if you're planning on getting it give me your opinion.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:11 PM
Just some dude.

Re: New for Christmas 08 Stage1Av1

Actually I don't want anyone to feel labled as less fortunate other than poor me so let's not say that's a criteria. Also, I'd like multiple testers so I'll give away 3 of these..though i would appreciate $5 shipping if possible...the recording your fuel usage and driving the same before and after are hard requirements.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:16 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

I'd be tempted to test it. I've heard good things about the other software. I go back and forth to school five times a week along with work on Saturday also. Should I be concerned about anything before tossing my svx up for it ?

I do use atleast a tank a week so D=. Also I do record my gas mileage .

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 11-28-2008, 06:28 PM
Just some dude.

If the ignition is too advanced for your car under heavy throttle you will hear pinging. Pinging in an svx is very clearly audible and distinctive. Pinging isn't good but if you let off the gas you shouldn't do any engine damage. I've run lean on a big shot of nitrous and had massive pinging to the point of melting tiny beads off the pistons without doing any real damage (that sounds scary but to an experienced racer and nos user it's easily shrugged off as an oopsy no big deal)

If the ignition is too advanced for your car under light cruise it will run hot. If you were to start seeing your temperature creep up you would need to flip the switch to run off the regular software so you don't overheat.

In any event if you aren't hard of hearing or oblivious to the fact that your temp guage is climbing you shouldn't do any damage even if things go wrong. The key is to have a switch installed so you can revert to the normal stage 1 software if you do run into a problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wikedjuggalo View Post
I'd be tempted to test it. I've heard good things about the other software. I go back and forth to school five times a week along with work on Saturday also. Should I be concerned about anything before tossing my svx up for it ?

I do use atleast a tank a week so D=. Also I do record my gas mileage .
Old 11-28-2008, 06:39 PM
Subaru Swapper

Send a message via AIM to AFBeefcake

I would try it, but my car is not stock and I don't drive it all of the time.
Allso I only 19 mpg high way.
Old 11-28-2008, 06:54 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

I'm interested but not sure if my SVX would be in the best of conditions to run these test although the engine itself has been resealed and the whole cooling system been replaced (Radiator(OEM from Subaru), thermostat, water pump). If no one else jumps on it let me ponder for a short while on it.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
Old 11-28-2008, 07:30 PM

Registered SVX

I am interested in trying this, I have a stock SVX aside from my power mod and ECU crush. Transmission just rebuilt and running strong. I am in college (Mechanica Engineering major- SR), and work 5 days a week, so I have the same commute every day. I don't know what you figure up north, but I am in NY, that might be more northern than others...

Thanks for the consideration,
Joe
Old 11-29-2008, 08:45 AM

sounds nice, but my car is OBDII...
Old 11-29-2008, 08:54 AM
Freezepop's are Awesome!!!!
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Hocrest

My car is completely stock other than tranny cooling. I've been using the Legacy for my regular commute, but I could run the SVX for a couple of weeks...

I'm not sure if I deserve something free, but I am less fortunate
Old 11-29-2008, 09:11 AM

mike please put me down as definetly wanting this software to try for you. I can put in into my stock svx and i could meet all the requirements you have so let me know ASAP so i can send the money for shipping if needed.Thanks,Josh
Old 11-30-2008, 01:08 PM
Just some dude.

Arrangements have been made with 3 people to trial the Stage1Av1 software. Sorry to those who were interested but not selected for the free trial. We have 1 female driver and 2 males, 1 with a 2wd, all with regular commutes and in 3 separate states. They are now supposed to be documenting their fuel mileage with oe software as they will have the Stage1Av1 software soon enough that it will be driving them crazy having it and not being able to install it because they don't have good mileage data for stock yet.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:52 AM
Just some dude.

what are people's preferences for whether the aggressive software is in the default location or secondary location?
Old 12-01-2008, 10:31 AM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
what are people's preferences for whether the aggressive software is in the default location or secondary location?
I would think it to be in the secondary =D but thats just me

Old 12-02-2008, 07:12 AM
Just some dude.

now come on...since when has anyone here not had an opinion
Old 12-02-2008, 08:41 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Man, I wish I knew what that meant so I could answer it..
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..